Discovery Gaming Community
War propaganda - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: War propaganda (/showthread.php?tid=805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

War propaganda - Nightfall - 04-05-2006

following the propaganda by The_Trader_Who_Says_Ni in New York earlier this day, in which he brought shameless lies about AW and SF and TC pilots, stating that the AW are bad pilots, I'll comment this:

war facts so far:

The Manchester/Cortez/California incident:
unprovoked attack - The [AW]BSA-MAUL is en-route to New York for rearming, in Manchester, it is stopped by an SF pilot who disrupts the trade lane (suspicious, but wtf!) and held there standing for no apparent reason (The Maul has 2 mortars, an empty hold and only skeleton crew). after being ignored, the Maul continues it's way to New York, the SF pilot opens fire, barely damaging the shields, following through Cortez to California, where it gets ambushed by another Battlestar Adv. and one more unidentified SF vessel - The BSA-MAUL makes it to New York system in full health.

The Battle at Freeport 10 (Tau-37)
outnumbered, not outgunned6 SF and TC vessels invade, 3 AW vessels respond - outcome: after two and a half hours of hostilities the SF and TC died 38 times, AW win!

PS
personally, I think the AW looks better :D

War propaganda - Fellow Hoodlum - 04-05-2006

As to the besmerching of the characters of any pilots in this area of Sirius, The_
Trader_Who_Says_Ni should be a little careful with his comments. He may find
his trade routes being seriously diminished. As to the rest of the crowing in this
post I feel nothing has been won as our losses have achieved partial success
in the early stages of this confrontation.

Hoodlum :P

War propaganda - Raven_ipb2_import227 - 04-05-2006

I'd like something cleared up plz.. if you can.. was this all IC? or OOC?

I don't think Ni is the type to say such things OOC.

Just asking anyway.

Fellow Hoodlum,Apr 5 2006, 05:16 PM Wrote:As to the besmerching of the characters of any pilots in this area of Sirius, The_
Trader_Who_Says_Ni should be a little careful with his comments. He may find
his trade routes being seriously diminished. As to the rest of the crowing in this
post I feel nothing has been won as our losses have achieved partial success
in the early stages of this confrontation.

[snapback]15959[/snapback]
now, I must admit, that "Ni" thought of a good role-play, a kind of a war profiteer, he asked 5 mil to do the same in favor of the AW :) so, as for the RP part of the things - Good point Ni!!!

as for the rest of the crowing... it is propaganda, but nothing untrue, the battle was won by AW I didn't say anything about the war - that remains to be seen, but however, I feel confident in the morale and readyness of our fleet and We shall Prevail.

Raven Wrote:I'd like something cleared up plz.. if you can.. was this all IC? or OOC?

I don't think Ni is the type to say such things OOC.

Just asking anyway.

forgive my ignorance, but define IC and OOC

War propaganda - Dab - 04-05-2006

In character and out of character.

War propaganda - Raven_ipb2_import227 - 04-05-2006

Dab,Apr 5 2006, 04:34 PM Wrote:In character and out of character.
[snapback]15964[/snapback]

Thanks Dab.. yeap IC= in character (roleplaying) and OOC= out of character (not roleplaying)

:)

Dab,Apr 5 2006, 05:34 PM Wrote:In character and out of character.
[snapback]15964[/snapback]

thx 4 the little light I needed :)

it was IC i'd say, Raven, read above, the reply to Fellow Hoodlum. He said he was paid 4 the "add"...

War propaganda - Fellow Hoodlum - 04-05-2006

If I am out of character when speaking about any aspect of this confrontation....
I shall remove my signature.
War profiteering is a serious offence in my eyes and can lead to some serious
misunderstanding and misery. I for one shall be curtailing The_ Trader_Who_Says_Ni's
activities if he steps out of line again.

War propaganda - Alpha 429 - 04-05-2006

Fellow Hoodlum,Apr 5 2006, 05:51 PM Wrote:If I am out of character when speaking about any aspect of this confrontation....
I shall remove my signature.
War profiteering is a serious offence in my eyes and can lead to some serious
misunderstanding and misery. I for one shall be curtailing The_ Trader_Who_Says_Ni's
activities if he steps out of line again.

[snapback]15969[/snapback]

i agree if The_Trader_who_says_Ni wants to make some money from this war then he should hire himself out as a mercenary or offer to transport ammo and weaps for a clan

War propaganda - KnighofNi - 04-05-2006

ooc: trader_who_says_ni is neutral and runs weapons, (60 mil worth so far), propaganda etc = war profiteer

My other characters are SF however but dont assume that the trader is alligned to them factions wise.

As i said earlier you cannot blow up people for spreading propaganda, its unsporting. On that note 5 mil will buy you a days worth of positive propaganda for your faction! err thats it