Discovery Gaming Community
Question to Dev/Balance team - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Question to Dev/Balance team (/showthread.php?tid=80674)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Question to Dev/Balance team - Knjaz - 05-21-2012

Kronos is one of the most properly-looking/designed battleships in the mod. It visually bears all of most important aspects of military batteship-class space vessel, i.e. - Very thick armor plating, minimal amount of weakened zones, simplified design that allows for easier production and easier repairs.

When you fly that ship, you get an immersion that you're flying something that is designed to withstand large, really large amounts of damage.
[Image: th_screen758-1.jpg] [Image: th_screen759-1.jpg] [Image: th_screen760-1.jpg]

You almost want to test your armor plating against an overwhelming enemy fire. I mean, look at it - minimal amount of weakened zones, really thick, sloped frontal armor, most protected engine section among all Sirius battleships. That ship is literally a flying brick made out of titanium alloy. (or whatever was used in it's construction).

Also, this is what it's infocard states.
[Image: th_screen754-2.jpg]
"A heavily armored gun platform" and "direct frontal assault platform".

At same time, in-game: it's, relatively, a lightly armored battleship without any significant kiting capabilities.
It's size is on par with heavier battleships as well (I think Syrus provided size comparsions, somewhere)
EDIT: Here it is, provided by Syrus
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3984/sizecomparison.png

As you can see, that battleship is closer to heavy, then to light class. And definitely on par with KuBS (at the very least)

Question is: Is it possible to turn Kronos into a very heavily armored battleship, retaining current amount of turrets and size of it's powercore (but increasing amount of bots/bats accordingly), and dropping it's mobility and/or strafe capabilities into oblivion, in exchange?

It will make it feel way more realistic and, at same time, will allow it to stand up to it's main enemies. (but note, that this is more about the way you feel when flying that battleship, then the actual X vs Y balance. But latter matters as well.)

//If that happens, it might be useful to slightly adjust few Light turret firing arcs, to give it 1-2 more turrets firing downwards (because it'd be really hard to maneuver with that brick and cover your weakened zone there - like it should be, actually. And there're already 2 turrets down there that can be adjusted without making them shoot through the ship)

Question to Dev/Balance team - Jansen - 05-21-2012

I'd be all up for this change. Right now the Kronos somehow feels wrong out of the reasons mentioned above. Making it the heavy BS its supposed to be would be really great, even if that means making it an incredibly slow brick.

Question to Dev/Balance team - Petitioner - 05-21-2012

As someone who likes the Kronos as it is already, I feel this would be better.

Question to Dev/Balance team - Govedo13 - 05-22-2012

Check Sarrissa size for example.
Not all ships need to be good- take all Molly ships- they suck, the Molly guns suck as well however the faction with a lot less to do didn't disbanded like Colonials, Hydra and Nyx are OP, Colonial guns combinated with Nyx are mega OP, their battleship could suck it wont be that bad actually. Not to mention that it would be better not to have one as well.

Question to Dev/Balance team - Jansen - 05-22-2012

' Wrote:Check Sarrissa size for example.
Not all ships need to be good- take all Molly ships- they suck, the Molly guns suck as well however the faction with a lot less to do didn't disbanded like Colonials
Thats nearly cute. I think there was only one Colonial faction all that time, which disbanded after 5 years because we decided that its better to have the faction opened up and usable for everyone, while I somehow dont think that I could count the number of Molly factions that were created and disbanded in all that time.

I dont really see how the things Knjaz asked for is related to the Sarissa's size, the Sarissa might be big, buts its incredibly agile in exchange.
This thread is also not really about the Kronos being a 'good ship', its about ships and what they are supposed to be. When I wrote that infocard together with Mao we looked at the ship and pretty much though "Oh wow, that thing is going to be a heavy BS" well right now its stuck somewhere between a really slow light BS and weakly armored medium one.
So the stats are simply not fitting the model and infocard. If you would have bothered to read Knjaz post you would realize that he asked for a ship with more hull and a nerfed agility, while keeping the same core and number of guns (with slightly tweaked arcs) as its now.
That hardly makes it a 'good ship', as agile ships are most likely going to win more battles then a heavy brick.

Question to Dev/Balance team - Govedo13 - 05-22-2012

' Wrote:So the stats are simply not fitting the model and infocard.
Same with the OP VHF/Bomber/GB. I never saw that CR are the best ship builders in Sirius as well.
And CR was closed faction- closed factions are not good thing- and somehow are loved a lot by the Devs giving them OP stuff.
It died because OC died , OC died because devs took their OP equipment. I was referring Mollys because they have ****y equip I would rather exchange all caps on the world for Nyx/Pyho/Hydra- because they are just a way too good and balanced towards the old OC OP stuff that is gone, having caps too is nice add-on, the 4.85 CR BS was also the weakest in the mod so nothing new..
Asking to make the BS better when you already have good cruiser and 3 OP ships without playerbase and official faction that was lame enough to remove its status because got bored for the lack of PvP is a bit over the top in my book.
Ah yes CR is not BSG, BSG died a bit after CR was built so CR is not so old as stated by you.

Question to Dev/Balance team - Petitioner - 05-22-2012

' Wrote:Same with the OP VHF/Bomber/GB. I never saw that CR are the best ship builders in Sirius as well.
And CR was closed faction- closed factions are not good thing- and somehow are loved a lot by the Devs giving them OP stuff.
It died because OC died , OC died because devs took their OP equipment. I was referring Mollys because they have ****y equip I would rather exchange all caps on the world for Nyx/Pyho/Hydra- because they are just a way too good and balanced towards the old OC OP stuff that is gone, having caps too is nice add-on, the 4.85 CR BS was also the weakest in the mod so nothing new..
Asking to make the BS better when you already have good cruiser and 3 OP ships without playerbase and official faction is a bit over the top in my book.
Ah yes CR is not BSG, BSG died a bit after CR was built so CR is not so old as stated by you.
Oh, you so fany.
(You have no idea what you're talking about, so please, please stop embarrassing yourself now.)

Question to Dev/Balance team - Tachyon - 05-22-2012

Oh. Mollys have bad equipment ? Tell me more about how much the Werewolf sucks.

Back to the OP - A heavy Kronos would finally be a ship able to properly tank OC caps, a change I would like to see. (BiasBiasBias)

Question to Dev/Balance team - Jayce - 05-22-2012

Govedo. Molly stuff is great. It seems like there's some suckage going on in the pilotry department.

Question to Dev/Balance team - Knjaz - 05-22-2012

' Wrote:Same with the OP VHF/Bomber/GB. I never saw that CR are the best ship builders in Sirius as well.
And CR was closed faction- closed factions are not good thing, and it died because OC died , OC died because devs took their OP equipment. I was referring Mollys because they have ****y equip I would rather exchange all caps on the world for Nyx/Pyho/Hydra- because they are just a way too good and ballanced towards the old OC OP stuff that is gone, having caps too is nice add-on, the 4.85 CR BS was also the weakest in the mod so nothing new..

Well, the bold part - just a week or two before disbandment, =CR= organised a raid on OCies, in Alpha.
While that definitely was out of ID allowance, the amount of people that were participating was far, FAR from calling =CR= a dead faction in terms of available manpower and general playerbase.
=CR= disbanded due to different reasons, than the ones you mentioned. Same can be said for OCies, partially.

Now, let me say that I feel for you. For you and Rogues.
These 2 factions are the only "capital-capable" pirate factions in Sirius that didn't get their battleship fleets yet, but as I heard there's a possibility it'll change. I bet time will come and you will get an opportunity to bring 6-7 Molly/Rogue battleships on the orbit of New London/Manhattan, and KOS everything, like a pirate faction these days should be capable to.

Now, what do Mollies have to do with the original post? Can we move on to the topic?

edit: Ohh, those ninjas.