Discovery Gaming Community
Reaching out to the Admins and the Community - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Reaching out to the Admins and the Community (/showthread.php?tid=80836)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Reaching out to the Admins and the Community - sindroms - 05-24-2012

I am drunk. Yes I am. But this is the best time to flesh out a little idea I had been pondering on for about...ever since people started whining about Connecticut.

Okay...

Connecticut....is awesome. A lot of people. A lot of targets. Fun times shooting stuff and having fun without having to worry about the four hour rule and, at the same time, knowing that a simple command can propell you back into the rather immersive rp side of things.

But you know what...a lot of people enjoy Connecticut. And yet...there is something lacking.

Context.

I was wondering...you remember when we had event servers? Massive battles of Liberty vs Rheinland or the GRN-KNF-BAF threeway?

That...was fun. Equally fun as Connecticut, because it allowed a fun fight between two sides.

I am wondering if the community and admins would consider such a change to the said rule:

Quote:5.7 A player who was killed in a PvP fight must not enter the system where the fight took place with any of the characters on his/her account(s) until four hours have passed from the time of his/her destruction.

If the player respawns in the same system, he/she must leave the system within 10 minutes of his destruction without attacking anyone, except in self-defense. Other players are not allowed to attack one who is leaving.

5.8 A player who was killed in a PvP fight must not attack the enemy (player or players involved in the death) with any of the characters on his/her account(s) for 4 hours. Self-killing during a PvP fight is counted as a normal PvP death.

And add the following line:

Quote:Except for:

Liberty Navy IDed players engaged in a battle with the Rheinland Military in Bering and Hudson.
Rheinland Military IDed players engaged in a battle with the Liberty Navy in Bering and Hudson.

Do you see where I am going with this?

A localized battle area with no reengagement limitations, which offers RP background, groups, teamplay and most importantly, a chance to return to the battle if you made a mistake.

Obviously, the added line of ''engaged in a battle with x'' will prevent lawfuls reengaging other players.

Now, I can see a few holes in this, for example, what happens if either side hires freelancers...but who knows.
I would really love to see how this turns out. Would make daily fights much more interesting and paced.

As soon as either side forces the enemy from the system, and jump to either Hamburgh or Texas, the exception is off and if you die, you die. It becomes a proper raid.

However, what would happen if either side docked on the terraforming station in Hudson or the Freeport in Bering? Who knows.

Basically, remove the re-engagement rule from warzones, offering players to duke it out with military characters. Idea is described via RM and LN IDs, but can be applied to KNF, BAF and GRN ones as well.
Comments?

Basically...the idea is that. It is not like we already DONT have people going "Can I come back on my alt and rejoin?"
''k''

during these battles...

Reaching out to the Admins and the Community - Snak6 - 05-24-2012

I would say yes, but to lower the time to 30/60 minutes or so in war front systems for battles to end once in a while.

' Wrote:I would say yes, but to lower the time to 30/60 minutes or so in war front systems for battles to end once in a while.

Well, to be fair, the battle will end if either side retreats to the other system (Texas or Hamburg) and either kills the invaders or not...

Reaching out to the Admins and the Community - Pavel - 05-24-2012

I'm sceptic about this idea...

Spazzy, it's morning and you're already drunk?! Or maybe still drunk?

Reaching out to the Admins and the Community - Snak6 - 05-24-2012

LN dies. Respawns at Texas. Goes back to Hudson to pew RM.
RM dies. Respawns at Hamburg. Goes back to Hudson to pew LN.

Never ending cicle. Putting small amount of time to reengage will simply put bit more control over the fleet battle which might have results in such case. Or else the players will pew-pew all day long with one liners to enter combat field.

It will be the same pewpew all over again just like in Connecticut, just in different system.

' Wrote:I'm sceptic about this idea...

Spazzy, it's morning and you're already drunk?! Or maybe still drunk?
He can be both at the same time.

' Wrote:LN dies. Respawns at Texas. Goes back to Hudson to pew RM.
RM dies. Respawns at Hamburg. Goes back to Hudson to pew LN.

Exactly. Shoot until you get tired of it.
If you have been in one of those Conn moments when the group is split in two sides and shooting eachother..you know how fun that is.

Reaching out to the Admins and the Community - Friday - 05-24-2012

Add to that GRN vs BAF in Leeds/Edinburgh

Reaching out to the Admins and the Community - Rodent - 05-24-2012

Not a terrible idea.

Still, put in at least a small time to wait. Half an hour maybe? Else it'll just get cluttered.

Reaching out to the Admins and the Community - meoshi - 05-24-2012

I would be down for this, Give me more of a reason to make a navy char.