Discovery Gaming Community
Changes for 4.79 Release - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Changes for 4.79 Release (/showthread.php?tid=811)

Changes for 4.79 Release - Igiss - 04-06-2006

The beta testing period lasts way too long, as you might have noticed.

So I'm starting a thread where all changes required for 4.79 release will be listed.

Changes (list will be edited in future, so check for updates):

1) Capship shield regeneration will be reduced.
2) Nanobots and shield batteries limit for all capital ships will be reduced about twice.
3) Turret number for all capital ships of similar class will be equalized (no more 21 turrets for Rheinland BS and Battlestars, and no more 14 turrets for Huegenot). This means that excess turrets will be removed from ship listing, and those who already have slots occupied won't be able to fire normally.
4) Freighters that were capable of using high-level capship shields won't be any longer.
5) Energy usage for almost all capship weapons will be reduced.
6) Balance changes for new weapons - your assistaince required to figure out what's needed.
7) Some other minor changes (Solaris description, etc).

Your suggestions, additions and thoughts are welcome.

Changes for 4.79 Release - marauder - 04-06-2006

Well theres the raven claw's dual thruster....

The kusari destroyer could do with a slightly increased energy recharge as you only get a few (about 6/8) shots with it's standard (what you get when you buy it) weapons fit.

The flak turret infocard has a turn rate listed but the flak rounds only go in straight lines (might be why you can't hit moving targets easily).

Changes for 4.79 Release - Fellow Hoodlum - 04-06-2006

I cant agree with the dual thruster arguement, the Ravenclaw has no turret and
relatively low armour. Also you have very little thruster time available. you would
remove its only unique feature.
Bah.... The poor old Huegenot gets it again. Love that ship for what it is ...Oh well.
As for any other changes I bow to your knoledge of the balance statistics.

Hoodlum :(

Changes for 4.79 Release - Igiss - 04-06-2006

Poor old Huegenot should not be the best cruiser, and I want to equalize power of all capital ship weapons. Not only power requirements, which doesn't really affect much what players use, but actual damage.

This might be one of the most important changes for Discovery balance since its creation... for 'turret hunting' will be no more, and differences between capital ships, apart from *slightly* different turret number, will be different power capacity. So, for example, you'll have less power problems with advanced battleship weaponry on one battleship than on another. And this also means that with ordinary weapons power consumption will be much more tolerable.

I thought that dual thrusters were removed.

Changes for 4.79 Release - Wolfpack98 - 04-06-2006

Fellow Hoodlum,Apr 6 2006, 04:34 AM Wrote:I cant agree with the dual thruster arguement, the Ravenclaw has no turret and
relatively low armour. Also you have very little thruster time available. you would
remove its only unique feature.

the dual thruster unbalances the game. It turns the Raven Claw into the one ship that can outrun *EVERYTHING* in the game, and makes it incrediblly difficult to fight, even if you have an unskilled player at the helm.

Also Korrd and I can easily mistake the dual thruster thing for Speed Mod... :)

Changes for 4.79 Release - Fire_Tzunami - 04-06-2006

I would suggest to make all weps and shields avalable.

Changes for 4.79 Release - Korrd - 04-06-2006

Igiss,Apr 6 2006, 03:54 AM Wrote:The beta testing period lasts way too long, as you might have noticed.

So I'm starting a thread where all changes required for 4.79 release will be listed.

Changes (list will be edited in future, so check for updates):

1) Capship shield regeneration will be reduced.
[snapback]16121[/snapback]
Is it really necesary to reduce the regeneration rate?
A fighter cant take on a BS. And thats good. Its kind of annoying being defeaetd by a 2mill fighter while piloting a 200mill BS.
Also, shields in a BSvBS fight fall VERY FAST. Ask wolf if you dont believe me. The Enterprise has 3 Infernos mounted. And it was able to take down Wolf's Battlestar shields in less than 10 seconds. (It was arround 7 seconds in fact). So i think that actual regen rate is ok. Diminishing it might make BS vulnerable to fighters.

Changes for 4.79 Release - Missingno. - 04-06-2006

Igiss, please leave the cap ships as they are! Sure, maybe on the Rheinland maybe take one or 2 turrets but don't touch the Huegenot. It was changed so much that i decided not to rebuy one in the change over of .8 to .9 .

I see no reason to change the NB/SB limit. It takes about 400 just to get a full battery restpre so limiting it futher will just ruin it in my opinion.

I would quite like the idea of having some systems located inbetween liberty and the taus. Take a look at the Colours Elite UK system map. I like the look of what they've done with some systems (not like with delta or anything but the new systems on the east)
colours elite uk system map

Changes for 4.79 Release - Fellow Hoodlum - 04-06-2006

Wolfpack98,Apr 6 2006, 03:50 PM Wrote:the dual thruster unbalances the game.  It turns the Raven Claw into the one ship that can outrun *EVERYTHING* in the game, and makes it incrediblly difficult to fight, even if you have an unskilled player at the helm.

Also Korrd and I can easily mistake the dual thruster thing for Speed Mod... :)
[snapback]16180[/snapback]

Point taken Gentlemen. A warning please when removal is required. Thanks

Hoodlum

Changes for 4.79 Release - Dab - 04-06-2006

I completely agree with the BS and cruiser changes, the cap-ships have been sop unbalanced you don't see anything but Battlestar Adv., Osiris, huegenot, and RH BS.

There is another problem with the Huegenot, more of a bug. If you fire from above, below, or from the side (not from front) at the front half of the Huegenot the bullets go straight through the ship. You have to fire at the back half to damage anything.

Also I believe Korrd (maybe someone else) said something about the Mortars being too slow and not very effective. Well Nightfall has said the same thing and from the battles i've seen I tend to agree with what they are saying. Mortar speed and explosion range needs increased. The speed can't be increased too much or fighters cant dodge it easily but it needs enough speed so a BS can't dodge it. And the explosion range will take care of the immunity zones of certain BSs.