Discovery Gaming Community
Liberty and Nomad Backstory - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Liberty and Nomad Backstory (/showthread.php?tid=8166)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Liberty and Nomad Backstory - Klaw117 - 04-29-2008

I was on Lancers Reactor today and found these two sites that someone posted. They're about Liberty and the Nomads and were actually written by one of the workers at Digital Anvil, so the info is really accurate. It's really interesting, I highly suggest you read it.

Liberty Backstory
Nomad Backstory

He also talks about what he wrote here:

7 Crows: Freelancer Backstories

Liberty and Nomad Backstory - Praetyre - 04-29-2008

That is fascinating.. fits in with my own theories that the Daam K'Vosh ran their civilization primarily through aural glyphs and that they were at one time at war with another civilization, especially in relation to what I can now call the Slomon-K'Hara.

Liberty and Nomad Backstory - Unseelie - 04-29-2008

It makes me wonder, if we opened the gate in the SP....why are artifacts still contraband?

Liberty and Nomad Backstory - Xing - 04-29-2008

well, nomads arent suposed to be there either anymore, eh?

Liberty and Nomad Backstory - AdamantineFist - 04-29-2008

Weehee! A cool, alien name for the Nomads! I do wonder about the Liberty one, though. Why is it, then that the Order is considered a terrorist organization, and stole a ship from Liberty (Osiris) if they were part of the government?

Orillion founded the Order after discovering his commander on the experimental Juneau-developed ship later known as the Osiris was infested, and founded the Order. I'm personally of the opinion the lone Alliance officer who fled Sol died along the way, since there is absolutely no way (unless human lifespans rival Yodas in FL, though I do think they would be around 120) he could have survived the journey.

Liberty and Nomad Backstory - sovereign - 04-29-2008

AWESOME!!!! PIN!!!! THIS MUST NOT BE LOST!!!

Bookmarking...

Liberty and Nomad Backstory - Horon - 04-29-2008

It amazes me that people still see a connection between the old opening for Freelancer, and the current story. How is it, that if you watch the extended version, you see the same ship that was supposed to warn us of the nomads, actually land on a planet, and yet we knew nothing of them?

Because the developers state on the bonus material DVD that the extended intro is canonical. I don't recall seeing the ship actually landing in the intro. It's more likely it was destroyed by a deep space Nomad relay or some natural event, or that the pilot died of old age.

Liberty and Nomad Backstory - sovereign - 04-29-2008

That, I think, was not really a great idea- you know how when you make something really awesome, you want to glue it to everything you possibly can? No matter whether or not its actually a good idea? Kind of like that. The extended intro doesn't fit with anything other than the extended intro (read the background story, Nomads don't wake up till we wake 'em up, and they aren't as advanced as us- supported by in-game rumors and plot, I might add).

That doesn't make this source material any less awesome.

YEEHAW!!!

EDIT: Another possibility is that, a person no one ever saw before, landing in an old ship and claiming there were aliens that knocked the sun just *might* not be taken seriously, or possibly as a spy. He'd have likely been interrogated by the people working on Valhalla 1, but otherwise hushed up.