Discovery Gaming Community
Liberty and Nomad Backstory - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Liberty and Nomad Backstory (/showthread.php?tid=8166)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Liberty and Nomad Backstory - Treewyrm - 04-29-2008

' Wrote:Is this your opinion or you have found a story for that too?
That you should ask those who put those bans in place, e.g. factions responsible for safeguard of houses: police and military structures. As far as I'm concerned they aren't going to lift the ban for reasons stated above and one way or another expressed in their message dumps on many occasions. I'm just a man in the middle and you are clearly asking wrong person wrong question in wrong form.

Liberty and Nomad Backstory - Praetyre - 04-29-2008

The artifact trade finances the Corsairs, the properties of artifacts are little understood and potentially extremely dangerous, and they could aid the Nomads. The artifact bans wouldn't just be due to Nomad infestation (which I believe is very real and exists beyond Das Wilde in Rheinland, into Liberty and Kusari, and possibly even Bretonia) but due to human concerns, or even Order sympathisers of varying motives (profit, ideological support, war support).

Liberty and Nomad Backstory - Dusty Lens - 04-29-2008

Though I've oft wondered if the LSF, Ageira or other various Libertonian entities who have an interest in Nomad studies wouldn't be exceedingly interested in obtaining additional artifacts.

Would be rather fun to be granted authorization to ferry artifacts under special license for said organizations while being hostile to the Corsairs. Artifact mining in deadly waters would be a grand adventure indeed.

Liberty and Nomad Backstory - mjolnir - 04-29-2008

' Wrote:Though I've oft wondered if the LSF, Ageira or other various Libertonian entities who have an interest in Nomad studies wouldn't be exceedingly interested in obtaining additional artifacts.

They do

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...c=7926&st=0

Liberty and Nomad Backstory - Fletcher - 04-29-2008

My entire vision of the Nomads has been shot to oblivion. I always thought they were the cleaners or defenders of the outlying systems of Sirius, but now that has changed.

We stole what is meant to be theirs, they have the right to hate us.

I'm phoning Liberty to confiscate these documents.:rtfm:

Liberty and Nomad Backstory - mrlance - 04-29-2008

Waou... "AS 528 : the Order (of Cincinatus) created the Liberty Security Forces"... Shocked !
EDIT : ended the reading. I'm amazed. The proposed background enhanced the one side perception that i had. It is full of opening...
Should we agree to consider the chris Todd stories as "the true " background of Liberty ?

Liberty and Nomad Backstory - Praetyre - 04-29-2008

I was previously under the impression that what I now call the Slomon K'Hara were created as a military and policing race by the Daam K'Vosh partially due to wars with another empire. I don't necessarily see the current view and the "defenders" or "cleaners" role as mutually exclusive, though.

Liberty and Nomad Backstory - kingvaillant - 04-29-2008

really interesting, But I didn't had the time to read all the Lib document, but It must all be pinned

nice find, If you can find the other stories don't hesitate to post them

Liberty and Nomad Backstory - Klaw117 - 04-29-2008

Unfortunately, he didn't write stories about the other sleeper ships.

On his webstie, he only shows his stories for Liberty and the Nomads. If you want, I suppose you could email him asking him to write stories on the other sleeper ships. I have a link to his website on my first post.

Liberty and Nomad Backstory - mrlance - 04-29-2008

Quote:700 A.S.
Valhalla Research and Interspace Commerce partner to develop a system for realtime
scanning of cargo passing through jump gates and trade lanes; by attaching a
Universal Ship Identification number to every vessel and piece of cargo,
governments can automatically scan for contraband while Interspace Commerce can
more accurately assess insurance fees. Valhalla selects their facility in Colorado for
developing and manufacturing the new scanners.

The U.S.I number : it could explain both the rank (insurance fee) and the scan allowance for specific faction. It explains the IFF tag and the ID too... Now can the USI be hacked ?

NB : yeah i'm really enthusiast :yahoo: