Discovery Gaming Community
I hate the scorpions looks. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: I hate the scorpions looks. (/showthread.php?tid=81678)

Pages: 1 2 3

I hate the scorpions looks. - HuggieSunrise - 06-07-2012

[Image: scorp.jpg] A

[Image: scorp2.jpg]B

hmmm?

of did you guys think the drone should look.....like something else? cause as is the thing is... just nasty.

I hate the scorpions looks. - Jayce - 06-07-2012

I find the fact that the Scorpion has been used on like 4 other mods amusing.

I hate the scorpions looks. - SparkyRailgun - 06-07-2012

' Wrote:I find the fact that the Scorpion has been used on like 4 other mods amusing.

I don't understand your point? Discovery is full of imports and ships that have been taken from other mods.

As for the topic, unless I'm wrong, Ship Submissions forum is for completed ships ready to go in Freelancer, not concepts.

I hate the scorpions looks. - Cond0r - 06-07-2012

that looks even worse than the current one IMO

I hate the scorpions looks. - Swallow - 06-07-2012

Such ships don`t worth an update cause noone is flying them.
Means I don`t even remember how current Scorpion looks, so I can`t notice any difference...and like me, there are many people who just don`t care of such ships.

So I find it pointless to post images of it and ask ordinary players for oppinions. Go to the Wilde or K`Hara skype channel, decide it there, and let faction leader post it for update.

I hate the scorpions looks. - hansen-dennis@hotmail.com - 06-07-2012

Just remember that the Wilde are nomad infected humans, which means they still need a cockpit and cant control their ships vis thoughts. I like the design. But as previously stated it would need some work:)

I hate the scorpions looks. - massdriver - 06-07-2012

Id say that texturing is poorly done. mesh - not bad.

I hate the scorpions looks. - bloogaL - 06-07-2012

' Wrote:Just remember that the Wilde are nomad infected humans, which means they still need a cockpit and cant control their ships vis thoughts.
I don't know whether it's thoughts or not, but Scorpions are drones, the pilots do not sit in them.

Back on topic, I don't really know what I think of these, the overall concept looks nice, but they seam a little... hollow? I'm not sure.

I hate the scorpions looks. - Curios - 06-07-2012

Kudos for work but this looks retarded, but it is line with the current one so the both - the current one and those concepts are tardy :|

I hate the scorpions looks. - HuggieSunrise - 06-07-2012

' Wrote:I don't understand your point? Discovery is full of imports and ships that have been taken from other mods.
As for the topic, unless I'm wrong, Ship Submissions forum is for completed ships ready to go in Freelancer, not concepts.

I actually have put both into the game and flown them with the current scorpion stats. The hit box is abit smaller and im hoping to make the scorpion bit smaller since the wilde have the ability and acsess tot he rhienland gunboat.

one thing about modeling/texturing is.. im quite proficient. i can change anything but perhaps im hurting myself in the creative process by asking you "players" what looks "cooler". I was hoping to find opinions on taste not Sass.

' Wrote:that looks even worse than the current one IMO

Wat?

' Wrote:Such ships don`t worth an update cause noone is flying them.
Means I don`t even remember how current Scorpion looks, so I can`t notice any difference...and like me, there are many people who just don`t care of such ships.

So I find it pointless to post images of it and ask ordinary players for oppinions. Go to the Wilde or K`Hara skype channel, decide it there, and let faction leader post it for update.

Hi im the faction leador who also happens to be a professional 3d modeler and developer how are you?

Asking normal players thier opinions? .. well I guess well just have to disagree here... or wait a minute..

I'm starting to see your point.

' Wrote:Just remember that the Wilde are nomad infected humans, which means they still need a cockpit and cant control their ships vis thoughts. I like the design. But as previously stated it would need some work:)

incorrect. they can control the drone.. otherwise the scorpion as is wouldn't be a drone now would it?

' Wrote:Id say that texturing is poorly done. mesh - not bad.

I used freelancer stock textures. Typicly its best to go native int his case however the black blue and grey lines squiggly mess texture the current scorp has could be adapted to this one easily.

' Wrote:I don't know whether it's thoughts or not, but Scorpions are drones, the pilots do not sit in them.

Back on topic, I don't really know what I think of these, the overall concept looks nice, but they seam a little... hollow? I'm not sure.

Hrmm.. might be the black background. What to put int he center of the "drone" is the hardest part of this design. have to think alien. ... thats still kinda hard.

' Wrote:Kudos for work but this looks retarded, but it is line with the current one so the both - the current one and those concepts are tardy :|

well god dammit.

So.. im thinking no one has ever thought to change this thing? ever? at all? i mean even the damn phantoms got new concepts. its not like im using up precious development resources fleshing this out ffs. I dont know about the team but importing a model into freelancer when the INI is already done takes .. at most 30 minutes. hell im even working on a junker train. maybe throw that one up here and have folks ache and yell about why the junkers need a train.

I know there some opinions out there on what the thing should look like. lets get to those.