Discovery Gaming Community
AI Gunboat - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: AI Gunboat (/showthread.php?tid=81950)

Pages: 1 2

AI Gunboat - sajjukar - 06-12-2012

Was wondering if the ai's dont really have theyr own gb and the only posible gb is the kusary explorer....it would be nice to make gb out of the first model of the AI cruiser...but much smaller and with less turets....it will really "complete" the AI line since we dont even have acces to a BS or carrier

EDIT: But i strongly belive since the new nerf sistem (i didnt tested yet) even the Ahoudori wont be availabe because is treated as kusary ( neither the pirate transport wont work) ...aswell available for the freelancer faction and many more...the AI id isnt as generic as belived to be...

AI Gunboat - Echo 7-7 - 06-12-2012

Once the next round of updated Tech Nerfs are applied, the Kusari Explorer will be categorised as Sirius-wide Civilian, allowing the AI ID to use it without a nerf.

Bear in mind that the AI ID is built to support the use of those ships, not the other way around - ships are not being made to fit the ID (at the moment).

Edit: The interest in AI roleplay is simply far too small to warrant any further expansion, particularly considering that the AI presence in vanilla was an "easter egg", not main content.

I agree with you but most factions wherent present in vanilla.And the ai ships are build for the id not the other way arount because like you said the AI's (robots from gammnu) where present even in vanilla and disco upgraded them and also you cant basicaly see an ai in a non ai ship because that will cause some rp questions...in essence ai's should be superiour to humans and ai ships also the same and should look as the ai line (no windows - compact).

But you are right...not to many show interest in ai rp but thats why i asked if this is posible...mabe more will join and finaly we will have an AFF and our very own planet

AI Gunboat - Adam_Spire - 06-12-2012

' Wrote:Once the next round of updated Tech Nerfs are applied, the Kusari Explorer will be categorised as Sirius-wide Civilian, allowing the AI ID to use it without a nerf.

If the Explorer is to go full Civilian, are the rumors of a 10% Freelancer ID nerf false? I was told this from a reliable source.

' Wrote:If the Explorer is to go full Civilian, are the rumors of a 10% Freelancer ID nerf false? I was told this from a reliable source.

I'm getting my info from the technerf/rephack thread by Aeternus, where I'm sure he explicitly stated the Explorer was going to become Sirius Civ until a true Civilian Gunboat is introduced into the mod (likely 4.87, I believe we already have at least two candidate models).

Is your "reliable source" a Dev?

' Wrote:I'm getting my info from the technerf/rephack thread by Aeternus, where I'm sure he explicitly stated the Explorer was going to become Sirius Civ until a true Civilian Gunboat is introduced into the mod (likely 4.87, I believe we already have at least two candidate models).

Is your "reliable source" a Dev?

*sighs* no, it was Veygaar.

I wish I wasn't such a procrastinator and I knew how to model and how to hit box. Had an awesome civi GB model.

But then that means your answer is "no," there is no 10% freelancer Nerf?

//edit

And the IA restriction will still keep the AI gunboat in a system with no Jumpgate correct?

AI Gunboat - Crackpunch - 06-12-2012

' Wrote:most factions wherent present in vanilla.

You mean a small handful?

' Wrote:*sighs* no, it was Veygaar.

I wish I wasn't such a procrastinator and I knew how to model and how to hit box. Had an awesome civi GB model.

But then that means your answer is "no," there is no 10% freelancer Nerf?

//edit

And the IA restriction will still keep the AI gunboat in a system with no Jumpgate correct?

Nerf down to 10%, or a nerf of 10%, and on what? Just look at the technerf thread, I'm not a mind reader.;)

I also don't think the ID is changing any time soon.

Sorry about that, I always see it backwards from what is taken away not whats left.

I understood it that the Powercore will be reduced 10%, leaving a 90% power core for Freelancers who own a Kusari Explorer. So I'm hoping that if the AI's don't get a nerf, nither will the Freelancers.

' Wrote:You mean a small handful?

Nope...a big handfull...and please stay on topic this isnt called "Nerfing"