Discovery Gaming Community
More networking problems (from same ip) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: More networking problems (from same ip) (/showthread.php?tid=82)

More networking problems (from same ip) - Magic Lizard - 07-29-2005

Well i finally got Freelancer and me and a friend want to play it from my network. I can connect but he gets a message saying "I'm sorry but connection could not be established... bla bla bla" after trying a few moment "longer than expected". I tried a different computer but the same result. I have tried disabling firewalls. Maybe my router is to blame even though no other games have given networking problems like this.

Anyone? Help... HELP! I want to play with you all!

Oh, and thank you whoever you are that gave me some starting credits! Keep killing planets! :D

More networking problems (from same ip) - metamay - 10-08-2005

I can't believe noone has answered this yet... :(

More networking problems (from same ip) - Angel - 10-08-2005

hehehe, First things First did you ceck you connection strength, i had that problem with connections when i first started, Downloading can also tie up Network connections,

Questions is it Wireless network?, if so Move ur Wireless Antenna Closer to ur Network hub

And Finally, With the New 4.77Beta on the server its kinda laggin right now, so that could add to your problems...... :unsure:

More networking problems (from same ip) - Magic Lizard - 10-08-2005

The network is working fine, we are able to play other online games (Anarchy Online). Its not wireless and I have plenty of bandwith. But when another computer than mine tries to connect to the discovery server it can't connect.

I suspect that my IP somehow is linked to the account i created and no other accounts are allowed from that IP.

More networking problems (from same ip) - Igiss - 10-08-2005

It shouldn't depend on IP... maybe some problems with firewall or Freelancer itself (e.g. Discovery mod installed incorrectly)?

More networking problems (from same ip) - Magic Lizard - 10-09-2005

We have been able to play the mod on a server hosted on my machine. But the mod is not as fun without you people :)

It could be the firewall I guess but we never had problems before, does Freelancer use some strange ports?

More networking problems (from same ip) - Angel - 10-11-2005

No, but FL is very picky about files, .ini files are Key, miss one of those and nothin works, Could also be the lag we where experienceing

More networking problems (from same ip) - Magic Lizard - 10-13-2005

Strangest thing. We reinstalled freelancer on the computer that couldn't connect and then it connected, created a new account and logged in. But now my computer won't connect.

So I did a reset on the other computers IP in the router... AND IT WORKS! :lol:

We will be playing some freelancer this weekend!