Discovery Gaming Community
Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast (/showthread.php?tid=8203)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - Robert.Fitzgerald - 04-30-2008

Well, actually, the Falcata is an Outcast ship. So that's a no-no for civilians/random Tizona freelancers.

The Sabre, Scimitar, Stiletto and Dagger? Well, they should be open for civilians and Freelancers...
with the following restriction: only use Civilian or Zoner weaponry.

This prevents Freelancers from swanning around with Krakens and Tizonas on their Sabre. It also weeds out the RPers from the pvp-whores. A rich(ish) freelancer piloting a sabre, armed with 2 imp Debs, 4 heavy flashpoints?

Go for it, in my opinion.

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - Jinx - 04-30-2008

that means that you can only use civilian weapons on the eagle, too. - as its practicly the same ship. - if the sabre is civilian, its wepaonry is up to the RP of the person flying it. - ( maybe not as much freely to choose like the NPC freelancers that appeared to have docked at malta and crete to bu their stuff )

but a borderworld freelancer with a sabre but good relations to the corsairs should mount corsair weapons, too - if he is allowed by the corsairs. ( no outcast weapons though ) - while a freelancer with good relationship to the outcasts can of course use an infernoa and krakens. - in the end, no one cares if the very same person had an eagle and did the same.

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - Robert.Fitzgerald - 04-30-2008

Okay, well Jinx you have a point there. I would hate to see Corsair weapons on a Sabre, but oh well. Up to the Corsair factions, i guess.

My future lawful freelancer is going to get a Slipstream (hopefully when its hitbox gets fit), as that is just missplaced onto Mactan. It's a lovely sports-ship, which suits this character.
2 Flash points, 2 Heavy Flashpoints and 2 Adv. Debilitators. Ooh yeah.

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - Jihadjoe - 04-30-2008

' Wrote:while a freelancer with good relationship to the outcasts can of course use an infernoa and krakens.

You would have to have EXTREMELY good relations with us outcasts before we let you do that. That gun is our pride and joy.

I think that is a freelancer has god relations with the corsairs they probably shouldn't have a Sabre to be honest, the borderworlds line is mainly Outcast designed and any Corsair seeing one would instantly reach for the nearest weapon.

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - mjolnir - 04-30-2008

' Wrote:Well, actually, the Falcata is an Outcast ship. So that's a no-no for civilians/random Tizona freelancers.

Not really... it says "Borderworlds bomber".. but then "recent development of the outcasts" and it's for sale on Outcast bases only.

But still I can see a Freelancer using it.

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - globalplayer-svk - 04-30-2008

and dont forget one thing . when someone come in sabre to gamma, all corsairs looking on that ship as on something that kill lot of their borthers... so you can be friendly with corsairs, but when you park sabre in front of crete, corsairs will try to force you away...
and other point, outcasts are one of the best shipbuilders in sirius, and ships (fighter/bomber) produced by them are not outcast,just borderworlds... that has no logic for me....

and thats the problem of the PLAYERS, global. - players consider that ship as outcast - not factions. - besides, how many corsais have been killed in eagles? - will the corsairs kos eagles, too? - ( eagle = prestigous shipproject by liberty cooperations = enemies of corsairs, too )

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - globalplayer-svk - 04-30-2008

Jinx as i type in other post, when sabre is not outcast ship, then is ok for corsairs switch titans for them ? and when you say no, because corsairs will fly only in titans because their are their own ships, i ask again why not when it is not outcast. for corsairs can be that ship the same as eagle as you say....

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - frozen - 04-30-2008

thing is, the topic itself is extremely fragile, and while having a sabre as a corsair may seem legal, its not considered part of the norm, since the sabre is associated with the outcasts, and their allies more than with the corsairs. the corsairs have a specific ship line, which they actually take pride in, so why use something civilian made, instead of corsair made?

on the other hand, since the sabre etc are borderworld ships, there isnt really any restriction as to who can buy a sabre, but, currently there is the obvious problem- they are sold on outcast + ally bases only atm. how would you rp a corsair docking on malta? obviously, you cant have a 'lulz., ah pwnt da guards and ah stolez it' again now can you?

and i tend to agree with jinx' point, where its stated that a corsair flying a sabre, should stick to corsair guns, not outcast ones, just cuz he can land on said base..

id personally like to see the whole borderworld design for sale on at least 1 zoner base, and a max of 3 (1 base only imo). that way, you have to travel a distance to buy the ship, it keeps it authenticity, and it can be bought by people who dont want to have the outcast/ally stamp on their heads.

i ll try to say it that way....

yes, a corsair can fly a sabre and feel as a full corsair. - i honestly do not feel that it would be in any way wrong. - in another way it means that this corsair prefers a sabre before the home made titans. - mind, i do not make a difference between a corsair using an eagle / ravens talon / or sabre there.

so the clear answer is "yes, a corsair can fly a sabre and should never be sanctioned for that." - but as a corsair character, he would have to go a long way to make that decission. - there are several RP issues about such a decission - there is repairs, resupply, maintenance - and the funny looks from the fellow corsairs.

cause the main difference is....the corsairs have managed to build their own design of a ship, - something the outcasts never did ( so far ) - so the outcasts do not have a fighter to be proud of as something they developed and customized for their needs.

... now these are the rules.... but they do not reflect the reality on the server...

so i gotto admit of course that even if i was choosing to fly a sabre as a zoner, i wouldn t do it cause of RP, but cause i am a nasty person and like to provoke. - if i was even nastier, i would fly up to crete and have some ignorant player shoot me down to report him for ooRPness of shooting down a civilian ship for no reason. ( such thing would still never get sanctioned, but it would be mean to do exploit the popular attitude of a fighter / ship that way )

so, a corsair that was flying a sabre would most probably do it to provoke or to make a point, rather than to RP it. - if a corsair does indeed not trust the corsair ships, there are plenty other ships out that would not cause that much trouble and are easier to get in RP terms ( and in RP terms easier to survive with when this person went to a crete bar )

a freelancer now, thats a different leaf. ( or a merc or whatever else, like a generic pirate ) - keep in mind, the ID makes the most important part of the role, after that comes the TAG ( faction or playerfaction alike ) - and only far far behind comes the ship and equipment - still important, but a freelancer with a corsair tag, and a roleplay to be an independent soul with a good understanding with the corsairs could still fly a sabre without being looked upon unfriendly. ( but again, i would suspect that such a freelancer would fly a sabre to provoke )