Discovery Gaming Community
Keepers to K'Hara - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Keepers to K'Hara (/showthread.php?tid=82450)

Keepers to K'Hara - ejoman3002 - 06-22-2012

The keepers. What happend to them and howd the K'Hara get into power. or was it just a simple rename? Just something i didnt think about till now

Or is it the K'Hara are actual nomads as i remember the Keepers where a weird experiment of the HF

Keepers to K'Hara - Echo 7-7 - 06-22-2012

Essentially the same faction ooRPly, new name.

PS. Only the first two Hybrids were created by the HF.

I am unsure if inRP the Keepers and the K'Hara are the same; the K'Hara appear to be more like independent (free-thinking) Nomads due to separation from the controlling hive mind (or whatever it is). This demonstrated by recent conflict (?) amongst the K'Hara. Talk to huggiesunrise, master of all things Nomad-related.

Thnx for the info. That bugged me for a bit today. Couse i never heard anything about K'hara before 4.86.

Keepers to K'Hara - HuggieSunrise - 06-22-2012

theres a lore section guys.. JEEEZ. yuri handed me the keys and i kicked out a bunch of folks. and added a few new chapters regaurding toledo and the nomads evolving psychology.

no biggie

Keepers to K'Hara - Silvio - 06-22-2012

Keepers or K'Hara... same thing. A bunch of people who think they are better than others and therefore need more rights and privileges.

Keepers to K'Hara - Agmen of Eladesor - 06-22-2012

' Wrote:Keepers or K'Hara... same thing. A bunch of people who<strike> think</strike> KNOW they are better than others and therefore need more rights and privileges.

Fixed that for you.

:P

We're just like the IND - we're better looking than you, more intelligent than you, and we don't care what you think ...

Okay, I know this isn't flood, so ...

As Der Hugmeister said, we've changed things a bit regarding Nomad psychology, after the destruction of Toledo. However, we're still SUPPOSED to be the big, bad, scary monster that eats your head when you least expect it, since we're the alien race and our motives are, you know, alien. Thus you're liable to find some K'Hara running around in places trying to kill all you humans that have intruded into our home (Sirius) while in other places, you'll find K'Hara talking to humans, trying to understand them. (Okay, that's mostly me, but it makes for some great RP when suddenly the blue dildo shows up - and DOESN'T start shooting, asking for friends...)

RE: Keepers to K'Hara - Username removed - 05-07-2021

(06-22-2012, 10:35 PM)Agmen of Eladesor Wrote: great RP when suddenly the blue dildo shows up - and DOESN'T start shooting
I disagree. Writing asterixis at the start and end of a broken English sentence does not automatically produce a meaningful roleplay interaction. Even less so when the interaction is forced for the sake of "conducting rp"

(06-22-2012, 10:35 PM)Agmen of Eladesor Wrote: since we're the alien race and our motives are, you know, alien.
You nailed it here. I believe that the Keeper roleplay does not do the Nomad lore much justice. The Nomads are supposed to be far more complex and enigmatic specimens than the "don't thread on me" crowd.

"We kill you because you broke into our home" is a very simplistic way of thinking even for human standards, even more so when you take into consideration that the Nomads blew up the human solar system before humanity had even reached Sirius.

This is proof that Nomads are not confined to the Sirius sector, their domain expands at least across the Local Bubble and given their interstellar travel capabilities, they may even be the dominant specie in the galaxy, hence the name "Nomads" with Sirius sector being the backwater birthplace that they had forgotten about until humans started digging up the relics of an ancient era of their civilization.

With this knowledge, it is safe to assume that the Nomads have studied humanity really well and concluded that humans are not worth their attention and only attacked humanity once humans started messing around with Nomad tech.

At the end of the Freelancer campaign, it is stated that the Hypergate has sent the Nomads of the Dyson Sphere to a different part of the galaxy, further confirming that Nomads are not confined to the Sirius sector so this whole Keeper/Khara roleplay of "we study hoomans and no step on snek" type of roleplay doesn't fit the lore.

RE: Keepers to K'Hara - Toaster - 05-07-2021

Almost 9 years? Didn't know we performed such high-level necromancy around here.

RE: Keepers to K'Hara - St.Denis - 05-07-2021

Off to the Graveyard of Locked Threads doth this go.