Discovery Gaming Community
Osiris is useless - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Osiris is useless (/showthread.php?tid=82486)

Pages: 1 2 3

Osiris is useless - Vredes - 06-22-2012

Yeah i have flown this ship in .85 with a loadout of One HM, 2 Razors and 2 Pulses/rest bs guns.
It used to be a wonderful ship in .85, agile and small. But now? I can mount one HM or Razor(not enought neither for anti-snub and anti-cap)
Atleast make the BS Battle razor take a primary BS weps slot, not a heavy one.

DELETE - SnakThree - 06-22-2012

DELETE

Osiris is useless - Jayce - 06-22-2012

' Wrote:Adapt or die.

Gonna agree with you for once.

Osiris is useless - Charos - 06-22-2012

stop crie and go flie )

Sincerely, a cap-user

Osiris is useless - JayDee Kasane - 06-22-2012

Ossie is abit slower now. reverse speed now 30 not 50. ossie no more can be so multirole BS. only thing I want - all forward/backward firing prims and secoundarys be able to fire to fronts. but... TS+Z is enough to counter it.

P.S. all those who sayed to adapt just a +1'ers. you or never had ossie or just not care about it

Osiris is useless - Ipuvaepe - 06-22-2012

Adapt or die is a bull**** copout that is used to attempt to falsely justify any change the person likes.

Ossie went from the best to the worst battleship. Nerfs don't fix everything. It needs a 360° arc on all prims+the heavy and at least 270° on the secondaries. Also needs a cargo increase to 1800.

And needs an infocard update to remove the reference to "dangerous and volatile cloaking technology"
EDIT: Actually, a whole new infocard is needed considering how ridiculously inaccurate it is.

Osiris is useless - Dashiell - 06-22-2012

Guys. ossie has always been OP as hell. Now it has actual weaknesses. Horrible, isnt it? To have a ship that no longer can dodge fire from 1.5k easily and squirm around torpedoes and missles all day.

It's balanced now. still pretty darn evil, but balanced. .85 was hard balance fail.

Osiris is useless - Agmen of Eladesor - 06-22-2012

' Wrote:Guys. ossie has always been OP as hell. Now it has actual weaknesses. Horrible, isnt it? To have a ship that no longer can dodge fire from 1.5k easily and squirm around torpedoes and missles all day.

It's balanced now. still pretty darn evil, but balanced. .85 was hard balance fail.

As someone who has watched his ship blow up WAY too many times against Ossies, I agree with what Dash just said.
' Wrote:P.S. all those who sayed to adapt just a +1'ers. you or never had ossie or just not care about it
Adapt or die!
' Wrote:Adapt or die is a bull**** copout that is used to attempt to falsely justify any change the person likes.

Ossie went from the best to the worst battleship.
Adapt or ... :)

Actually, congratulations! You now know some of the pain others have gone through - especially those of us who had to face your darned Ossies with ships that had no hope in hell of hitting or hurting you since you could dodge, wiggle, and move all around.

Not saying that to be mean, actually, but simply speading the pain. We've felt it in the past, now it's your turn in the barrel.

Osiris is useless - ProfGiggles - 06-22-2012

' Wrote:We've felt it in the past, now it's your turn in the barrel.

*Insert quote about conspiracy*

But yes the ship is pretty much useless now. It's an oversized cruiser with no thruster, no kind of speed advantage and no where near enough firepower to counter anything with more firepower or tactical benefit than a transport.

Osiris is useless - Jeremy Hunter - 06-22-2012

' Wrote:*Insert quote about conspiracy*

But yes the ship is pretty much useless now. It's an oversized cruiser with no thruster, no kind of speed advantage and no where near enough firepower to counter anything with more firepower or tactical benefit than a transport.

This.

I dualed a Lib Dread in conn; I kited it, was in max prim range, boxing as best as I could, strafing, and I barely touched him (edit: I mean, I did way less damage then he did to me). I just charged him next time so I at least could do SOME damage.

The nerf was a bit too much, imo. Just a bit too much.