Discovery Gaming Community
Tribes Ascend - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Tribes Ascend (/showthread.php?tid=82987)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Tribes Ascend - Mímir - 07-01-2012

So there's this game up on Steam that's free to play, I thought about getting it but not sure if it is worth cleaning out my harddrive to create space for it. Anybody got experience with it?

Also does anyone know if there is a non-steam version of the free-to-play game?

Tribes Ascend - Ghhyrd - 07-01-2012

Yes, it's been out on its own outside Steam for quite some time now, and I can confirm it's pretty damn fun.

Have you played any of the Tribes series before? If not then you might be pleasantly surprised, I'll bet it's pretty unlike much you've played before, but with recognisable elements from all over the place.

Great game, I recommend it to anyone with the time or the inclination.

Tribes Ascend - Echo 7-7 - 07-01-2012

Fun and refreshing for a shooter. Definitely worth trying. I'm playing it casually at the moment and liking it.

Tribes Ascend - SparkyRailgun - 07-01-2012

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurf

Tribes Ascend - Not Espi - 07-01-2012

no friction mode and jetpacks? + guns?

doesnt get much better than that.

Tribes Ascend - Cond0r - 07-01-2012

I didn't like it cuz its a grind game.

gameplay itself was oke doke

Tribes Ascend - HuggieSunrise - 07-01-2012

its literally a chopped up modded version of tribes 2. and its delightful so many noobs. froobs and helpless fools...

And here i am having played the thing for 15 years.. its... rather fun.

Tribes Ascend - Crackpunch - 07-01-2012

Shotgun for air, other thingy for ground - easy as pie.

Tribes Ascend - Ceoran - 07-01-2012

Been playing it for a few months already, mostly on London. And I love it.

I find the Starter Pack a bit odd though. Infiltrator and Tech are a strange choice of classes to hand out imho since both require some map knowledge to be played properly. Doombringer and Sentinel or Raider would have been a better choice.

' Wrote:Shotgun for air, other thingy for ground - easy as pie.

Shotgun, really? I'd disagree with that. Indoors you won't stand a chance against all the aoe guns with that one and outdoors the SMGs and ARs will simply pick you off from greater distance.
edit: it's a nice finisher though

Tribes Ascend - Crackpunch - 07-01-2012

' Wrote:Been playing it for a few months already, mostly on London. And I love it.

I find the Starter Pack a bit odd though. Infiltrator and Tech are a strange choice of classes to hand out imho since both require some map knowledge to be played properly. Doombringer and Sentinel or Raider would have been a better choice.
Shotgun, really? I'd disagree with that. Indoors you won't stand a chance against all the aoe guns with that one and outdoors the SMGs and ARs will simply pick you off from greater distance.
edit: it's a nice finisher though

From limited experience, good luck hitting a target in the air with that aoe nade launcher thingy. Leaping at them with your shotty has very good chance of dealing MASSIVE DAMAGE. When they're scooting about on the ground I switch to the aoe gun since they're gonna be too far to hit with the shotgun.

This only applies to the pathfinder of course as it's the only class I've played.