Discovery Gaming Community
Planets selling transports - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Planets selling transports (/showthread.php?tid=8314)

Pages: 1 2

Planets selling transports - JohnLenin - 05-05-2008

Hi,

there are planets selling transport class ships like
- Planet Junyo - Bumblebee
- Planet Cambridge - Firefly
- Planet Holstein - Heavy Tanker
(what comes to my mind now)
including equipment for these spacecrafts of course.

But after I bought a ship there I could never land again for upgrades:
Dock denied - we cannot support a ship of your size.

Sure, a transport is large for a docking ring but why only for landing?

I think that's a contradiction what should be easy to solve:
-my suggestion would be to move those transports and their equipment (transport turrets, shields) from the corresponding planets to a nearby shipyard/station with similar affiliation.

Or?

Planets selling transports - Nysquist - 05-05-2008

You have to use the mooring fixtrure that's just above the docking ring.
The docking ring itselft dosen't work with larger ships.

Planets selling transports - Robert.Fitzgerald - 05-05-2008

The docking ring only works with fighters, bombers, freighters and the Armoured Transport. The larger ships must use the Mooring Fixture.

Planets selling transports - JohnLenin - 05-05-2008

' Wrote:You have to use the mooring fixtrure that's just above the docking ring.
The docking ring itselft dosen't work with larger ships.
Thanks!

Planets selling transports - 13CentKiller - 05-05-2008

' Wrote:I think that's a contradiction what should be easy to solve:
-my suggestion would be to move those transports and their equipment (transport turrets, shields) from the corresponding planets to a nearby shipyard/station with similar affiliation.
HAHA! That always gets the new ones. But yea mooring fixture is what you need to use in future.

Planets selling transports - Jinx - 05-05-2008

mind, he has a point though. - the mooring fixture is meant to fix transports without aerodynamic features and allow atmospheric shuttles to do the descent. - still the transports land just like any other fighter / plane. - of course that cannot be changed - due to the game engine... but it does indeed make more sense to sell transports on huge shipyards in space, instead of on some planets surface.

Planets selling transports - Thor22 - 05-05-2008

' Wrote:mind, he has a point though. - the mooring fixture is meant to fix transports without aerodynamic features and allow atmospheric shuttles to do the descent. - still the transports land just like any other fighter / plane. - of course that cannot be changed - due to the game engine... but it does indeed make more sense to sell transports on huge shipyards in space, instead of on some planets surface.

You mean it doesn't make sense to see a huge battleship undocking from a tiny wee docking ring? :P

Planets selling transports - Fletcher - 05-05-2008

There should be a new message for kicks:
"Dock denied, this planet doesn't like transport pilots"
or
"Planet cannot ingest a ship of your size" :lol:

But anyway, I think this is done and dusted.;)

Planets selling transports - old.steel - 05-05-2008

I agree with Jinx.
It makes sense that only 'atmospheric' ships are sold on planets, not huge transports or capital ships.
But we need more shipyards then.

Planets selling transports - Fletcher - 05-05-2008

' Wrote:mind, he has a point though. - the mooring fixture is meant to fix transports without aerodynamic features and allow atmospheric shuttles to do the descent. - still the transports land just like any other fighter / plane. - of course that cannot be changed - due to the game engine... but it does indeed make more sense to sell transports on huge shipyards in space, instead of on some planets surface.
Technically all ships in Freelancer if they fit in the docking ring are able to perform planetary landing. The docking ring inforcard says so. Here it is:
Quote:A Docking Ring is part of an orbital elevator system invented by Ageira Technologies. Through the use of super strong crystalline polymers and frictionless bearings, Docking Rings assist the smooth atmospheric entry and exit of interstellar vessels with landing capability.

It allows ships to land and take off through the atmosphere, regardless of aerodynamics.:nyam: