Discovery Gaming Community
Weekly Reminder - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Weekly Reminder (/showthread.php?tid=83558)

Weekly Reminder - Friday - 07-10-2012

Hello there everyone,

This is your weekly reminder that submissions for faction storylines (4.87) close on July 31st.

I have had mostly fruitful discussions with a number of factions thus far. I will need to talk more with some others, and take more notes to put on the Dev Forum for analysis.

A couple of factions have presented me with submissions based on Guard System lore. At this point, I need to make it clear to everyone that Guard Systems are invisible with regards to mod lore.

You all know what your guard systems are. Unless and until any guard system is formally introduced as a general canon system, lore from that system cannot be used as the basis for any submissions. Signed. -Gheis

Remember - the end of July will come faster than you think. Don't leave it too late to make a submission!

Cheers

Mmk, I expect my bourbon in the mail by the end of the week.

Alright, before people start tearing up their submissions - carefully prepared over many years, with great sacrifice and hundreds of man-hours of blood, sweat and tears.

After talking to Cannon, the following determination has been made:

You want to make a submission that references your Guard System? Be prepared to hand back your Guard System to the Dev Team.

Your Guard System will no longer be Guard - it will become an official system, and whatever is approved will be part of the official Mod Lore.

But what gets approved might not be what you handed over. That is the price you must pay for official recognition...

Weekly Reminder - Hone - 07-10-2012

Are we talking retcons or just future developments, for guard systems here?

Each submission is judged on its merits, and subject to negotiation.

If a faction wishes to reference its Guard System lore as part of that submission, then the Guard System gets put on the table - to also be judged on its merits.

I should also point out that no guard systems are at risk of being deleted - due to the issues deleting systems creates generally.

Weekly Reminder - latos - 07-10-2012

Are factions, the Kusari State Police for example, Which are pending Official, Capable of submitting ideas?

If you cannot contact me directly - place your ideas in your faction feedback thread.

Be sure to discuss any ideas you have with the appropriate faction(s), if the concepts will encroach on other people's RP.

DELETE - SnakThree - 07-12-2012

DELETE

Weekly Reminder - fencore - 07-12-2012

' Wrote:There is no Synth food official faction, but please, add a station or two for them somewhere? They need a bit mroe love.
In the early days of 4.85, the Zoner Alliance roleplayed the sale of Bethlehem Station in Pennsylvania to the Synth group that was active at the time. Obviously, the base never changed in-game ownership, but that might be a good place to start.

There's forum documentation somewhere in the Comms Channel, I believe.

Weekly Reminder - Friday - 07-17-2012

Hey there everybody, its been another week of fun and games here on Disco.

I have heard from a number of factions regarding storyline proposals. As a result of certain discussions, I have been confident enough to lock in stories early for a few factions, so that the rest of the Dev Team can start working on system development for 4.87. This is at Cannon's request.

There are still a number of factions I have not heard from - you know who you are!

If you don't talk to me, you are going to look a little silly complaining about the 4.87 storyline if the roulette ball doesn't land on your lucky number!

Don't be complacent, don't assume anything. Like any other part of development for this mod - nothing is certain until it is signed off by a Lead Dev and work tickets get put up. Its the same deal for balance changes, models, economy changes and FLHook coding as well.

Weekly Reminder - Agmen of Eladesor - 07-17-2012

Approximately how much in game time is supposed to / going to pass between 4.86 and 4.87?

From the sounds of things, we've fleshed things out from our perspective out to about 4.92. Anyway, having a ballpark time frame, or reasonably close approximation, would allow us to figure out where we are in staging relevant events.