Discovery Gaming Community
Attention All Outcasts - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Attention All Outcasts (/showthread.php?tid=8369)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Attention All Outcasts - Robert.Fitzgerald - 05-08-2008

Don't think that will work, sadly.

The whole purpose of this new policy, I believe, is to restrict the OORP usage of Outcast capital ships. Namely the Outcast Destroyer, which is up there with the Lunchbox as an overused and abused ship.

The problem is, the terrible independent Outcast Destroyers usually have zero roleplay for it, and they just farm Liberty/Nomad npcs (and players...) . Outcasts killing Nomads in Iota? What!? So much for the history of the Siniestre cloud...

It's simple. If you want to get authorised, bring some decent RP to the 101st about you and your ship. If you cannot be bothered/say "lol 101st outcast ataking outcast:(" then you would feel the pain.

Attention All Outcasts - Laowai - 05-08-2008

Some of the players who have written here have issues with this.

Firstly i believe that people should be allowed to fly what they want, period. That being said, this is a Role play Community and so choose your ship, fine, but then Role play it it. As i said, my issue is independents who Role play NOT being allowed to fly the class of ship they wish.

As i'm not an outcast, this post does'nt directly impact me, however as a community member i have concerns with it. The example that someone posted earlier is one of them:

If a player shows up in a cap ship, and has NOT submitted any kind of Role play to the 101st - but otherwise are Role Playing, will they be fired upon etc?

This should be clarified.

Attention All Outcasts - Clayph - 05-08-2008

' Wrote:Some of the players who have written here have issues with this.

Firstly i believe that people should be allowed to fly what they want, period. That being said, this is a Role play Community and so choose your ship, fine, but then Role play it it.

No, this is Role Play server, so players should [color=#FF0000]NOT be allowed to fly what they want. Period. If you would wish to apply this on everything, Corsairs should be allowed to mount Outcast
weapons no? :unsure:

They will fly what suits their RP.. But if they don't RP at all? Take their frickin' Osirises off them and ban
them!

As for you XtcMakc.. I told you at least 4 times on my 101st to NOT buy the Battleship, but you did anyway..
So please, don't tell us you weren't aware of that..

' Wrote:As i'm not an outcast, this post does'nt directly impact me, however as a community member i have concerns with it.

It seems to me that you never need any valid reason to defend Capital Ship users..
You just enjoy the post of 'Rebel' against the 'Elitist' behavior shown against Capital Ship users hm?

[/Flamethrower Mode]

Attention All Outcasts - n00bl3t - 05-08-2008

' Wrote:No, this is Role Play server, so players should NOT be allowed to fly what they want. Period. If you would wish to apply this on everything, Corsairs should be allowed to mount Outcast

They will fly what suits their RP.. But if they don't RP at all? Take their frickin' Osirises off them and ban
them!

As for you XtcMakc.. I told you at least 4 times on my 101st to NOT buy the Battleship, but you did anyway..
It seems to me that you never need any valid reason to defend Capital Ship users..
You just enjoy the post of 'Rebel' against the 'Elitist' behavior shown against Capital Ship users hm?

[/Flamethrower Mode]
Yes. Flame on. That will help the situation. /sarcasm.

I am an outcast. I have untagged outcast chars. I don't own a cap ship. Frankly I can't afford one.

I don't mind 101st restricting the use of outcast destroyers.

However, I don't want 101st's definition of RP to be: ten pages written on a forum dump explaining the acquisition of the ship, it's technical readout, why the ship was purchased, etc. As some people (who try really hard to RP) really have problems subscribing to this view of "good" RP.

Edit:
' Wrote:If a player shows up in a cap ship, and has NOT submitted any kind of Role play to the 101st - but otherwise are Role Playing, will they be fired upon etc?

Answers anyone?

Attention All Outcasts - Laowai - 05-08-2008

' Wrote:No, this is Role Play server, so players should NOT be allowed to fly what they want. Period. If you would wish to apply this on everything, Corsairs should be allowed to mount Outcast

them!

[/Flamethrower Mode]

To answer this flame... cos, i have been kinda waiting for one to be honest.

This is a Role play server, and YES players should be allowed to fly what they wish as long as its within the Role play parameters as dictated by the server. Or their faction (if they CHOOSE to join one) So - you cannot apply the "free to choose rule" in the way you have insinuated because to mount an outcast weapon on a corsair ship WOULD be breaking a server rule.
However, it is NOT against server rules for an independent player to choose to fly a cap ship. It is a server rule that the rules of Role Play be observed as such if an independent player, role plays then there is no server rule that says they CANNOT have a cap ship. Period.

Fine, the Osiris player who doesn't Role play - though in my experience this problem is beaten up to way way larger than it is (but that could be the times i log on granted) - breaks some kind of rule then sanction them away, ban them if you must.
But is the issue here cap ships or Role play? be clear on this. If its Role play, then the Indy who role plays and chooses to do so in a cap should be left alone...

If its cap ships... then here we have a whole other issue.

To answer the last part of your flame, which was directed at me personally, i find your choice of wording interesting: you used the word "Rebel" implying that by defending a players rights to have a cap ship i am some how "rebelling", That i am in some way "rebelling" against some kind of authority or law. Or more plainly, that i somehow just enjoy going against what seems to be popular consensus.
Please forgive my ignorance, but i missed the admin post that declared that fighter and bomber pilots were the authority on this server? Did that post also include that a player had to accept that fighter and bomber pilots were the arbiters of good Role Play and also who can fly what ship? I missed the post that said i had to agree with the "popular" (fighter/bomber pilots) consensus - I missed the post that said this was a fighter and bomber server....

Sorry, if i missed this post then i am clearly sanctionable and thus should be banned

That being said - to answer your question directly. Yes actually, i do enjoy defending people's right to own and fly cap ships against the Elitism of other players, Firstly, precious few other people do it., and Secondly there are many, many good role players on this server who play in cap ships, and i believe that if these kind of restrictions are applied carte blanch across the server then this will be unfair on players who are: independent, wish to remain so, and Role play well and then choose - as is their right to do so - to fly a cap ship.
I will use my own character as an example of this, for my main character is an independent, flies a cap ship and is respected by the other fight/bomber flying Corsair faction members - who were patient enough to allow me to develop my character in his cap ship. I role play it, i work with them, and they don't tell me what i can and can't fly.
I believe other players should be allowed to have this same opportunity.

Thats all i have to say on this issue. I didn't post in this thread to flame anyone, i only wanted clarification on the issue. The "flamethrower" was not engaged by me, and i hope that those kind of personal attacks can be kept out of the forum.

i believe there was a question in the previous post that was sitting unanswered.

Attention All Outcasts - Teknikal - 05-08-2008

//Changed after consideration it needed a longer less hostile post

As an Independent myself I dislike this I don't intend to allow a faction to make my ship choices for me I have no intensions of changing my own ships anytime soon but have occasionally though about trying the destroyer as It's something I have never flew. *actually this post is tempting me to just go buy it*

As far as I'm concerned if the 101st or any other faction attacks a Fellow outcast they are out of rp .

I dont mind 101st controlling the Dread as they own the system it's sold in but basicly saying no gunboats (when the outcast one eventually appears ) or destroyers for independents is to far and to be frank you don't have the authority.

Will this end up in outcasts flying around in talarcas or hessian cruisers It's quite probable.

If someone misuses a ship or doesn't make an attempt at RP by all means take action until then I think it's out of line.

Attention All Outcasts - Zapp - 05-08-2008

Laowai, it says that if they roleplay they can have it. A story isn't needed, however, if we feel that something out of the ordinary needs explaining (I saw a LH Guardian on my HF that said he had a story for it, and I let him go when he said he had yet to post it), then we can ask them to make one. This does not impact anyone who wants to RP a capital ship, but rather all the idiots that don't want to RP one, but want to fly it anyways.

You're missing the point. And the answer is... we'll see. Observation for a few minutes can show if they RP or not.

"lol nub" compared to "This is commander 'so-and-so', helmsman, set a course for 'destination X'" is pretty obvious. Who made us the arbiter of good RP? The guard system, being the first OC faction, all that good stuff. Just a side note, this isn't just the 101st, but the BLS supports this as well.

Attention All Outcasts - Xtcmax - 05-08-2008

With all do respect Clayph, I am gonna share a little bit about myslef, just to clarify your, a tad offensive reply.

I am a US Army Veteran, probably i've been places you've never heard of before. With that being said, I want to say the following: "I don't care who u are, or what u call an RP. As one of the members of 101 told me, "Nobody gives a toss", so, my brother, i don't give i toss about your POV!!! I played, i put my hours of trading, traying to RP with pirates, negotiating, making friends or, at least, some kind of RP connection between to rival characters...so far it has worked out well for me. I don't have enemies, just RP play, which is fine. So, i would like to state it publicly --- I will fly WHAT EVER I WORKED FOR and if server rules do not state that i can not fly a BS or DN, i will work to get it. I like RP, but i am not a gamer, like u are...i have a little more solid BG behind my shoulders. It brings a smile upon my face, when i read posts like "High Admiral of 101, decided to do this or that....bluh bluh bluh.." I am not trying to "eyeball" the commander, i hope he understands, but i've never seen him in the game or we never been introduced to each other. I came to this server because i like the mod, i like the people, who i fly with and ,for some reason, when we are together, in a group, we have a perfect understanding. We share kills, share the loot, etc. I will not support the 101st's decision about restricting BS from the gameplay. It is enough that Corsica is "banned" for people other than 101. I could've spent an evening or two searching for it, but instread i listened to one pretty cool 101 member, who gave me some "what's ups".

Trust me, my fellow game player, I don't care about who is elite and who is not. I put my personal time into my character, i made friends on the server and I made sure that i have no enemies....i think that is a good RP. Excuse me, if i don't write bogus stories about where my character came from!!! I come to the publik RP server and i play as it fits to the current situation. If any of you, my fellow gamers, have tonns of time to spare to sit on the server and monitor who does what - GO FOR IT. Not me. I come to play when i can, i make deals with pirates, i make deals with the "LAW" and that is about to be it. Occasionally i put some pepper in the soup, but just to make it more flavorfull.

To this guy with a Nomad BS: This is especiall for you

Thank you for reporting me as "re-engaging". I have no words to describe my " WOW"m when it happened. You knew I was a noob, and noobs sometimes make mistakes, but NOOOO, i had to be an EXPERT, an ELITE OF THE ELITES players...nuff said....

To make this post a little shorter, i would like to repeat myself:
Let Outcasts choose what they want to fly. I do not rebell against 101's RP authority, just let people try. We had this big discussion about this and that, so now most of us, who read the forums and communicate amongst each other are aware of the issues in hand. So, lets let the leash loose, if the same problems are present, then 101's High Command is free to order the troopers whatever they see is needed. If the problem is still in hand, then, perhaps, ADMINS will have to say their "what's up?" I spoke to a character about LSF abusing their CAP ships and authority and I was given an answer that they were reformed. Let's not permit this happening to Outcasts. We can manage our own. I don't know who you play with, but i always find a cool group of OC's to RP and play Freel with.

On a final note: I am new here, compared to some of you. If I am incorrect in some of my POVs, do not flame, discuss.

if you made it so far, thank you for reading!

Gottika

Attention All Outcasts - Eppy - 05-08-2008

And on that note, for denial of the 101st's authority, the Battleship MNS Gottika is henceforth declared to have a faulty Cardamine Aerosolizer and an insane captain. This is an ultimatum, Xtcmax: Sell the Battleship or be mercilessly hunted down. Normally you'd have a week, but I think three days will suffice, due to extreme insubordination. You can deny the 101st's authority all you want, but fact of the matter is that it's the 101st's ZOI, and as the dominant player faction (WITH the support of the other two Outcast factions, I might add) in the area we can dictate as much policy as we want. So, we're dictating. Don't like it? Sell the ship. Fact of the matter is that the 101st bases itself off of the only facility capable of producing Outcast Destroyers, Battleships and Dreadnoughts, and that gives us the authority. The RM controls their capital ships, the KNF does, too, so why can't we do it?

This is a response to the uberpwnz0rz. If you have a Battleship or a Dreadnought I'll be asking questions. If you have a Destroyer, as long as we see you Roleplaying, the Outcasts won't audit you. Same for a Gunboat. If we don't see a legitimate amount of Roleplay we will begin asking questions. If it's a Battleship/Dreadnought we're asking questions regardless, because it is ridiculous to have those babies just buzzing around like there's no tomorrow. All Outcast capital ships (excepting Gunboats) will be asked to register, because, frankly, we need some way to keep track of them. Don't like it? Leave.

I was idealistic like that once. "Everybody deserves a capship!" I said. I rallied against the KNF when they went after Shagohad for his, I expressed distaste at the RM, but you know what? I was wrong. There are too many of these things, especially the Outcast Destroyer (which is whored almost as much as the Lunchbox), and we intend to do something about it.

Del, the LR can keep its Dessies, as long as I see the requests for them sometime in the relatively near future. Got to keep things consistent and all.

Anybody wants an Outcast Battleship/Dreadnought. write us a bloody Roleplay. We're not asking for another Veranda Incognita, we just want a page or so, decently written, that isn't too cliche'.

Quote:If a player shows up in a cap ship, and has NOT submitted any kind of Role play to the 101st - but otherwise are Role Playing, will they be fired upon etc?

No, he will not be fired upon if he is roleplaying. Destroyers do not require a forum RP, they're basic enough I don't worry about them. He will be politely directed to this thread, where he should post his character name, and will be added to the 'Allowed' list (which has yet to be made, as the Outcast Factions still need to compile one) when he does.

EDIT:
Quote:I will fly WHAT EVER I WORKED FOR and if server rules do not state that i can not fly a BS or DN
No you won't. Sorry, mate, we don't like lip. You can fly it all you want, but if you try buying a Dreadnought we can just kill you for invasion of our home system, and if you keep the Battleship we can still kill you, because we're the faction. We can dictate laws within our ZoI.

Attention All Outcasts - Epholl - 05-08-2008

I remember CR attacking Cardi smugglers in Taus, cause they did not want to wait for a cargo scan... We were forced to stop that because our IDs not allowing that... We just watched people make money for their OC destroyers, because by killing them we were out of server rules.

This can be techically applyed to Outcasts attacking Outcasts too. Where is the difference? Are you a higher authority, than we, when you can do what we cant? Maybe he would be a better BS captain, than you...

You do not allow people to have capships just because you already do have your ones. Thinking about the logic here, it seems relatively good, but damn this game is meant to be PLAYED, not SUFFERED.

You see the guy is not able to make a story, why not helping him? Noo!! You must kill him repeatively until he will leave the server. Am I missing something in definition of "community"?

I do not like this idea at all.

[sarcasm] (And the worst thing is you are decreasing the numbers of targets for us :nono: ) [/sarcasm]

NOTE: This post is not meant to be =CR=`s official stance and is containing only MY thoughts and opinions.