Discovery Gaming Community
Two Ship models - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Two Ship models (/showthread.php?tid=8406)

Two Ship models - Linkus - 05-09-2008

[Image: pyramidz2pv2.jpg]
[Image: pyramidz2pv2.100311850c.jpg]
[Image: pyramidz3kw0.jpg]
[Image: pyramidz3kw0.017243b03f.jpg]
[Image: pyramidz4ff6.jpg]
[Image: pyramidz4ff6.8969766efa.jpg]

A pyramidal shaped Homeship. Essentially a self sufficient flying city. I made it on the basis of my character Hekat's knowledge of things. Some of you might have heard his words if you were in New York, Omicron Gamma, Omega 5 or Hamburg lately.
Does need a lot more work but that is roughly the shape I have decided upon.
As always, ideas/criticism/omgthissux are always welcome!

My second ship, had it lying about on my computer for a while now. Still not happy with it but thought I might be able to get some suggestions from you all about it.

[Image: thingmr6.jpg]
[Image: thingmr6.ea7336eff5.jpg]
[Image: thing2uw3.jpg]
[Image: thing2uw3.ef7cbfb8f2.jpg]
[Image: thing3il5.jpg]
[Image: thing3il5.64cef899b2.jpg]
[Image: thing5ve6.jpg]
[Image: thing5ve6.48bfce4ecf.jpg]

Once again, any ideas/suggestions/criticisms are welcome!

[Image: pyramidzlg1.jpg]
[Image: pyramidzlg1.e8ff34e9b5.jpg]

Picture limit >.<

Two Ship models - Jinx - 05-09-2008

the first one looks good. - like a floating and barely movable factory or processing plant. - the lower one looks much like a Y-wing from star wars. - good models though. .. i think the upper one is definitily worth working on. - but not sure how the chances are to add in another big utility ship ( in addition to the miner ship )

I intended the first to be more of a moving home for a faction I was thinking of (Followers of the Divine Ones, ancient gods from Egyption times). Essentially a planet, but pilotable, plus a bit smaller:rolleyes:

Also the second ship looks very like a y-wing unfortunately. I intended it to be the first part of a larger ship, but it just looked silly when I did add more on :(

Two Ship models - AdamantineFist - 05-10-2008

' Wrote:I intended the first to be more of a moving home for a faction I was thinking of (Followers of the Divine Ones, ancient gods from Egyption times). Essentially a planet, but pilotable, plus a bit smaller:rolleyes:

Also the second ship looks very like a y-wing unfortunately. I intended it to be the first part of a larger ship, but it just looked silly when I did add more on :(

Sooo... first's an uber-carrier? Interesting...
Still, it seems a tad too top-heavy and thin, in my opinion. I think it would look better if it was a bit squatter.

As for the second one... it does look a tad like a Y-Wing. Add a fin to the top, like the Avenger, and it'll look much less Star-Wars-y.

--------
|$0.02|
--------

Two Ship models - Panzer - 05-10-2008

Both are quite unique

If any of them should get into the mod, I'd vote the first one - it looks like some mobile processing plant.

Two Ship models - Bass_masta992 - 05-11-2008

Top one would make a nice RP for flagships and things of that nature.

Two Ship models - Cawdor - 05-12-2008

yea but... for whom? since you could never dock with a JG, it would have to be borderworlds only. So it should be Zoner stuff, but they already got grand canaria. So GMG? IMG? They aint that rich and old to actually have something like that. And corsairs are to poor to even build biodomes .... so?

for the model its self:
As it was said before, it needs some width. I would also suggest to not have two big dirves but a couple of small/medium ones which should be a bit loose and random attached. This thing is supposed to be one generations project, so I assume there have been some changes of plans from time to time;)

Edit: oh! can you attach a biodome?! those people in there should have something to eat, ya know ;D