Discovery Gaming Community
Alien/Nomad Jump Gates - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Alien/Nomad Jump Gates (/showthread.php?tid=84254)

Alien/Nomad Jump Gates - Ipuvaepe - 07-21-2012

Here ye are Felix

So, how about it? If they count, this is a problem. For example, this means Order cannot go to O-99, Iota, Minor, Major, Kansas, or Unknown

Common sense is no, I am very damn well aware of that. I do not see this as the intention of the rules. Got PM spammed by some BHG about it, but I see no ruling on the matter.
Don't just say no unless it's in greentext. Rules often contradict common sense, thanks.

EDIT:
' Wrote:Of course it doesn't mean you CANT be in places like Minor, 99, etc...
It does for capitals, mostly a problem for OSD Reshephs and Corvos.

Alien/Nomad Jump Gates - Hell Hunter - 07-21-2012

This is obvious
Of course it doesn't mean you CANT be in places like Minor, 99, etc...
You can go there
whoever said that, was a terribad douche

So no, they don't count.

Alien/Nomad Jump Gates - Dusty Lens - 07-21-2012

A fair question.

I would say no. That was not the intention nor the spirit behind the wording ion the IDs that carry that claus.

Alien/Nomad Jump Gates - ProwlerPC - 07-21-2012

I was sure this was addressed before. You were right. It wasn't.

Ok we'll get back to you.

This shouldn't be too difficult...

Alien/Nomad Jump Gates - Jeremy Hunter - 07-21-2012

' Wrote:I was sure this was addressed before. You were right. It wasn't.

Ok we'll get back to you.

This shouldn't be too difficult...

We'll be patient.

But. I need to throw some cents in.

I seriously do not want my stuff confined to Mu/100.

The ID rule already is being abused. By the other parties we fight. it has happened. It will continue. Don't make it easier for them.

* Jeremy Hunter depositis $.02

Alien/Nomad Jump Gates - HuggieSunrise - 07-21-2012

Huh... obviously something that slipped through the cracks.

Alien/Nomad Jump Gates - Agmen of Eladesor - 07-21-2012

Say what?

I thought that this reasoning regarding jump gates got taken care of a long time ago.

If your ID says jump gates, that only refers to those systems with human built jump gates.

Let's see, Guild Core ID:
May not enter any system containing a jumpgate while flying a cruiser or larger.

Only meant human jump gates, not the systems with Nomad jumpgates.

And Order ID:
May not bring a vessel cruiser sized or larger into any system containing a jumpgate with exception of Alaska.

Since Alaska has a human jumpgate - into New York - that's why it's listed as an exception. Again, Nomad or alien type jump gates don't count.

Seems perfectly open and straight forward to me, and I'm the head of one of the factions with this kind of restriction. (Yes, Dusty, even on hiatus, I'm still the faction leader.)

EDIT: If you were PM'd by someone in the official BHG / BHG|Core faction, let me know who it was and I'll have that issue addressed. From our perspective as the official faction, this restriction only refers to human jumpgates. Otherwise it's just silly, stupid, and ignorant. In this, I think the Order and the BHG agree.

Alien/Nomad Jump Gates - ProwlerPC - 07-21-2012

The restrictions on the ID about Jump Gates does not include the Alien Jump Gates. It's intended to restrict movement in systems with human built jump gates......might have to rename those Alien thingies heheh.

....except for Agmen, he's stuck in an office job on Alabama :P