Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery Starting Program - 2012 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Discovery Starting Program - 2012 (/showthread.php?tid=84592)

Pages: 1 2

Discovery Starting Program - 2012 - koske - 07-27-2012

[Image: ou39qu.jpg]
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]koske

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium]Welcome to the Starting Program of Discovery - 2012

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium]First of all I wish to say greetings to all of you new folks around, just to say that I personally want to make sure you find your joy here, on this server. First and only thing you should know about me is that I'm one from the Server Angels and my job is to help you mortals! "pointing his finger directly on you behind screen"

There can be few ways for you to end up here:
  • You talked with me in game and I pointed you to Discovery forum and this thread
  • You already reached this forum by yourself or help of another angel and now you are seeking for help
  • You find your way here because of my spiritual energy

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium] It really doesn't matter, you will get necessary help but you'll need to show me some good will to learn. So, I'll start with this:

Role play on this server can be confusing with all stuff surrounding it and with so many factions around, simply I know how lost you feel. All you need to do is read and learn few basic things about each house in this game.

Liberty
Liberty or the Republic of Liberty is the title of one of the four original houses in Sirius. Liberty occupies the central systems of the core worlds, giving it the position of the commercial hotspot of Sirius - a position which the house knows how to exploit. The Liberty Navy is known for frequently patrolling independent systems connected to it's sovereign territory.

Bretonia
Bretonia, or the United Kingdom of Bretonia is the title of one of the four original houses in Sirius. It's territory extends across many systems on the western side of The Barrier, with various claims to systems bordering the Walker Nebula as well as ones deep within The Barrier itself. It is a constitutional monarchy with the monarch (King or Queen) representing the state while the parliament presides over the government. Bretonian sovereign territories border the systems of Omega-3, Magellan, Cortez and Tau-31. The Armed Forces having just recently come out of a long standing conflict with the Kusari Empire in the Tau systems, are now faced with an invasion by forces of the Gallic Royal Navy. Fighting is prevenlent within the Taus, Leeds, Newcastle and Edinburgh. Armed Forces patrols are also frequent in the system of Omega-3.

Kusari
Kusari or the Kusari Empire (鎖帝国 Kusari Teikoku) is the title of one of the four original houses in Sirius. The Kusari is a small yet expansive house, with significant forces holding the four core systems (New Tokyo, Kyushu, Shikoku, Honshu) and claims and patrols to many other lesser systems surrounding them. Kusari influence stretches from the distant Tau-31 system to Sigma-19, effectively occupying the entirety of the known lower northern Sirius sector. Kusari is currently engaged in a war with Bretonia over the sovereignty of the Tau-31 system.

Rheinland
Rheinland, or the Federal Republic of Rheinland (Bundesrepublik Rheinland) (formerly the Rheinland Empire) is the title of one of the four original houses in Sirius. It's territory extends from the fringes of the Crow Nebula to the yellow clouds of the Walker Nebula, with territorial claims deep inside the nebula itself. It is a parliamentary republic ruled by a Chancellor as head of state, while the Reichstag (the Rheinland parliament) is heading the government. Rheinland sovereign territories border the systems of Sigma-13, Omega-11, Omega-7, Hudson and Bering. The state military maintains it's bases in several systems connected to Rheinland by jump holes, such as Omega-15.

Gallia
Gallia, or the Kingdom of Gallia (Le royaume de Gallia) is a house formed from the sleeper ship Gallia, which set out after the others in secret. It arrived near Sirius quite far from the other sleeper ships, and until 817 A.S. the colony maintained complete isolation from the rest of Sirius. The Kingdom of Gallia is a monarchy, and the Crown has spent the past seven hundred years building a massive armada with which to invade Sirius. Gallia's people and armies are said to be vastly more numerous than that of any other house.

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium]Chapter II - Basics are Finished
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium]
You've meet all the five houses in space, now you need to imagine them like states in real world with government, corporations, law enforcement units, economy, crime, because everything is same . Somehow this is a virtual life of yours, where you will be able to act on your own and imagine your characters like you wish, so do remember that you can lead your characters with your own imagination.

Lawful factions are there to defend interest of their state, law of they state and are supposed to be gentle with moral to defend citizens of their own house. Official factions are running the show, so basically you can't run role play that isn't supported by the leader of official faction and you can't run role play that is totally different from the role play of official faction. Remember to act by the law of house you are in.

Unlawful factions are bit easier, they don't have laws, in fact they are breaking laws of the other houses followed by their own interest to survive, make easy money and some do fight governments of their houses because of different ideology. All in all they aren't persons with moral and dignity.
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium]Chapter III - You and Your Discovery Career
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium]
You just started and credits in game are killing you, everything is so slow and your own thoughts are telling you to quit game and find something easier. Simply fight against that and think about experience and fun that will end if you quit. So, if you are already here that means you already won your fight against those thoughts and because of that I will offer you easier way to earn some cash for the very own start. The amount of credits is 10.000.000 sirius credits. This can be on your account today, only thing you need to do is to follow next steps.

Step One:
You are new and you need to make sure you present yourself to the other people on this community. You can do that by following this link: HERE

Step Two:
By finishing step one you made sure that your publicity grows between members of this community. Now is the time for your Role Play skills, you need to create your first story. Because you are new I will advise you story of the captain of one trade vessel, one that will create you cash for your other role play characters. Factions that you can pick are going to be listed.
Liberty:
DSE, Ageira, Interspace, Universal Shipping Incorporated
Bretonia:
Border World Exports, Bretonia Mining and Manufacturing, Gateway Shipping
Kusari:
Kishiro Technologies, Samura Heavy Industries
Rheinland:
Republican Express Corporation, ALG Waste Disposal
Gallia:
Île-de-France Shipping

Information about all factions can be found here: HERE
Before choosing the faction make sure you read background story of each faction listed here, it's very important for your story and your future Role Play.

Some extra tips for your story. Use your imagination and describe your character well by telling something about his earlier life, education period, family, school, brothers, sisters, kids, romance. Make his life good, bad, with a lot experience and make him male or female. If your creations isn't good, see how others managed to create story for their characters on the following link and that is going to be place where you will create your own story post: HERE

Step Three:
You've finished two steps, the important part is over. Now, it is time to collect your cash and by your first trade ship. You need to post two links here, first that you said hello to other discovery members and with that your step one will be finished, and link with your biography that will mark step two as finished too. Of course, don't forget to put your character name here, name of character that will receive 10.000.000SC.

With three steps you can have your trader ready for work, one that will create other characters and one that will create you all the fun on Discovery Freelancer. While trading, you will have to role play because other people are waiting to role play with you in game. You can't reject their offer to role play, after all this is role play server. Key thing here!

You'll need a good team, faction in this case. That is what are we going to do next, find you a official faction. All experience that you will ever need will start in your first official faction, nothing I can say will ever be better then experience in your faction. Choose it wisely and go for recruitment thread. All informations regarding factions can be found on the following link: HERE

I'll make things for you easy, I will practice role play with you and I will give you extra tips with applications. All you need to do is add me on the skype (koske667 - Skype account) or communicate with me via Personal Message on this forum.

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium]Chapter IV - End of the Line

No one can create something perfect, nor do I. This post can't help you with everything and I know it, so I'll offer you help in private by offering you my private time with few extra links here which are going to help you.

In game name: [Angles]koske

Useful Links:
Discovery Server Rules
Rule updates and Admin notifications
Server Commands
Discovery Wiki Page

Discovery Starting Program - 2012 - Fate - 07-27-2012

Very good starter helper system/topic. Although I prefer to earn my own money (and my current character is a "dummy" character to test things out in the first place):P

Is this 10 million creds you're giving out, coming from your own pocket or is this a "donation from the server"?

Discovery Starting Program - 2012 - SummerMcLovin - 07-27-2012

Seems good, but you've said that Kusari is still at war with Bretonia for Tau-31.

Discovery Starting Program - 2012 - _FUNK - 07-27-2012

It's great that you've spend a good amount of time writing this, but how can you include something like this:

"Unlawful factions are bit easier, they don't have laws, in fact they are breaking laws of the other houses followed by their own interest to survive, make easy money and some do fight governments of their houses because of different ideology. All in all they aren't persons with moral and dignity."

All of the things written in this paragraph are wrong. Some unlawful actions do have laws (or rules, same). Making easy money? Don't think so. A trader with 4000 cargo space makes 40 million in one run, a loner pirate will make much less if asking reasonable fees. Aren't persons with moral and dignity? That was the most absurd one. Having factions that throw their lives away for the sake of a different and better ideology = no moral and dignity? All in all being unlawful is a lot more harder than being lawful, so don't mislead new players like that. The experience I've had as a pirate (who does not pirate that much, for one reason or another) is that I will most surely be chased by groups of people, even if I have not been aggressive towards them. In reality you might be a very morally straight and dignified pirate, but you will still be chased like a pig by most people out of fear and hate towards 'pirates in general'.

Discovery Starting Program - 2012 - Altaris - 08-01-2012

Very well done koske. I think this deserves to be pinned. non?

Discovery Starting Program - 2012 - koske - 08-01-2012

Fate,

To collect your award of 10.000.000SC you'll need to finish two steps and when you are done with them you should post me some evidence here.

Secondly I would like to see your interest on some faction I listed in the post. I would like to see results of my work in activity hours for some trader/miner faction, because you will get experience and you will earn more credits which will result in creating more chars, so basically that means more activity to other factions to.

Discovery Starting Program - 2012 - Fate - 08-02-2012

I joined the Junkers in-game, I got their IFF and proper vessel (CSF). Checking the factions, it seems I can only join one faction because of my alignment, The Junkers Congress.

I hope I'm missing something here because having only one faction available is pretty sucky.

Discovery Starting Program - 2012 - SummerMcLovin - 08-02-2012

' Wrote:I joined the Junkers in-game, I got their IFF and proper vessel (CSF). Checking the factions, it seems I can only join one faction because of my alignment, The Junkers Congress.

I hope I'm missing something here because having only one faction available is pretty sucky.
Each character you make can only be part of one faction (it wouldn't really make sense for them to have more), although you can give them other ships to use in that faction.
Each Account ID can have 5 ships, and if you use Account Manager or Launchpad you can use as many IDs as you want. This allows you to join as many factions as you have time for, and of course only those you want to be part of.

Also, a lot of NPC factions will only have the one official player faction since that is the rule. However, there are some with unofficial and/or secondary factions you can join, or just stay as an indy and play in-game.

Discovery Starting Program - 2012 - Fate - 08-02-2012

I am a bit confused now. Is that 5 different ships or 5 different characters?

Either way, is there a way to transfer money between those?

Discovery Starting Program - 2012 - Enoch - 08-02-2012

' Wrote:I am a bit confused now. Is that 5 different ships or 5 different characters?

Either way, is there a way to transfer money between those?
One account can hold 5 ships, but different ships can belong to the same character. Just an example, if the name of your character is Mr Fate, his first ship can be named Mr.Fate, then his transport can be named Fate's.Transport, and his gunboat can be named Big.Fate. These ships obviously belong to the same person while having different names.

You can transfer cash to a ship with the /givecash <character name> <cash amount> command.