Discovery Gaming Community
to: BHG| - topic: Technology Exchange Proposal - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: to: BHG| - topic: Technology Exchange Proposal (/showthread.php?tid=84770)

to: BHG| - topic: Technology Exchange Proposal - Jack_Henderson - 07-30-2012

**** INCOMING TRANSMISSION ****

**** SENDER: [color=#FFCC99]Stephen Schwerdtfeger, IMG Guildmaster

**** TO: [color=#FFCC99]Leadership of the BHG

**** ENCRYPTION: HIGH *****
**** VOICE ENABLED ****
**** VIDEO UPLINK ENABLED ****

** C O N N E C T I N G ** ** ** ** C O N N E C T I N G ** ** ** ** C O N N E C T I N G **

[Image: stephen_schwerdtfeger.jpg]

** CONNECTION ESTABLISHED SUCCESSFULLY **

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]

[color=#FFFFFF]
Dear Sir or Madam,

I am Stephen Schwerdtfeger, Guildmaster of the Independent Miners Guild, and I am contacting you to ask whether the Bounty Hunter Guild is interested in a limited weapon and technology exchange agreement. Decades of cordial relations and good cooperation and the deep respect for the Guild have led me to the conclusion to ask.

Our Research & Development Department would like to test the compatibility of the IMG software and IDs with BHG hardware. Therefore I was asked to request the following technology for research and testing:
  • 1 Piranha - Light Fighter
  • 1 Sea Serpent - Light Fighter
  • 1 Barracuda - Heavy Fighter
  • 1 Manta - Very Heavy Fighter
  • 1 Hammerhead - Very Heavy Fighter
  • 1 Bounty Hunter Bomber - Bomber
  • 1 Bottlenose - Gunship
  • 1 Orca - Gunboat
  • 10 PB91 "Buckshot" Particle Blasters
  • 10 Reaver Mk III Laser Blasters
These ships would only be commanded by experienced IMG pilots and would be flown in clearly defined operation theaters that would be discussed with you, so that no diplomatic problems occur in the testing phase.

In exchange, the IMG has their line of technology and ships to offer, not only in small but also in larger numbers, and not exclusively for testing purposes.
We have fully introduced the new shipline into service and our combat tests show that at least the heavy bomber - codename: Nanda Devi - is a real devil in combat, while the other ships are all doing their job well, except the light fighter. I can only recommend trying the Nanda Devi.
The new Vampire models have been improved and I would rank them as a piece of highest quality war equipment.

If you feel that any piece of IMG equipment is worth a closer look, send me a list and I will see to it that you get the technology quickly and without much red tape.

Yours sincerely

Stephen Schwerdtfeger
Guildmaster

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#CCFFFF]*** TRANSMISSION STANDBY FOR ANSWER ***

to: BHG| - topic: Technology Exchange Proposal - Dashiell - 07-31-2012

:: Incoming Transmission ::

message begins:

[Image: 2h6hoh3.png]

Hola senor Swerdtfeger,

Another client who wants our stuff. heh heh...

But the IMG has a special place in the Guild's amigo list. the Guild has reeled in quite the moolah thanks to you. So I believe a reciprocal service is in order.

Let me go over your list.

[1 Piranha]

You sure? You must have some pilots you really hate fly this thing amigo. Trust me. but granted.

[1 Sea Serpent]

Amigo, really? You want to kill your men this badly? Just tell them to steer clear of anything with more firepower than a handheld laser. granted

[1 Barracuda]

Ah yes, the infamous Barracuda. I remember this from back in my days. use its agility and escape pod. Granted.

[1 hammerhead]

It can't really take incoming fire but it's a slippery sucker. Granted.

[1 Manta]

Now this is a fine piece of scumbag-shooting tech. It's more agile than your Lhtose. Should be a relief. Granted.

[1 'Moray' bomber]

Agility over firepower this one. It can dodge more than your Nandas but it lacks anti-cap firepower. badly. Granted.

[1 Bottlenose]

This thing requires the most bizarre fighting style ever to have merit. Load up on doggybags when taking this out for a spin. Literally. oh, dont bother with razors and such, the plant can barely cope with an espresso machine, let alone energy hungry weaponry. use turrets. Granted.

[1 Orca gunboat]

Why you request this one is beyond me, amigo. It's ugly, slow and fat. And it has pretty poor firepower coverage. But if you wanna try it out... Granted.

[10 Buckshots]

Our Buckshot stock is being pillaged quite badly lately, but ok. granted.

[10 reavers]

Keep your eyes on the prize and they re good. Dont expect hammer-damage. granted.

Normally I would brush a shopping list like this aside. I get bombarded with tech requests but people fail to see that if I sell off the Guild's ships Im commiting econimical suicide. But as I said, IMG has special priviliges, so to speak.

I do expect some favors in return, though. What they are, I don't know yet. But you'll hear in due time.

Oh, don't shoot any lawfuls with our tech, si?

If you have any questions, Ill be monitoring this channel.

Adios,

C 'Cracker' Jack

end of message.