Discovery Gaming Community
the liberty battlecruiser - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: the liberty battlecruiser (/showthread.php?tid=8521)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

the liberty battlecruiser - Jinx - 05-14-2008

i wondered if anyone was allready working on a replace for the liberty BC ( assault frigate ). if not, - this model could quite easily be prepared for it. - its contains parts of the gunboat and the dreadnaught.

[Image: JinxTTbertyBCmq.jpg]
the model itself is not as "straight" foreward as the other liberty ships though... so i m not sure if it really fits into the fleet. - but nevertheless it might be better than the current battlecruiser.

got the faces assigned - so i d only have to slap the liberty texture over it. - hardpoints are also done on the CMP allready. ( allthough they all have a full fire arc )

the liberty battlecruiser - frozen - 05-14-2008

hm.. it somehow looks fishy like- somewhat like the bretonian type, and O.o is it just me, or does the front part of the ship look a bit like a monkey's face (look at the ship image, the one thats at an angle i swear, i can see a monkey face in it o.O )

hard to judge if this would fit. anyone else?

the liberty battlecruiser - Ion - 05-14-2008

its pretty.... looks more appropriate then the pancake/lego we have now

edit - perhaps the bit in the middle that looks like a belly, if you smoothed and straightened it, it might look more libertonian

big head - skinny body, similar to the gb and cr

removing the two shieldplates at the front may remove the "monkey face" impression. - and yes, now that you mentioned it, i can see it, too.

i d only work on it, if there wasn t someone else on the project allready. - its not of my primary concern to replace the assault frigate... i don t see it "spammed" much... so its not of a pressing issue at all.

doom has submitted a model to replace the IMG BC now - if the liberty BC gets replaced, the only major starwars remnants are the BHG ships - and draygon works on it. - soon, we have "cleansed" the mod from them *evil laughter*

the liberty battlecruiser - Stoat - 05-14-2008

I like it, though the two small down angled "wings" do make it look a little fishy.
It does have a bit of monkey in there Gurj! May be alter the chin to look a little more like the prow of a ship?

well, i ll remove the "wings" then - they re just whats in front of the dreadnaught. - if they re gone, it makes the model easier to hitbox anyway ( just gotto take the tubelike cruiser hitbox then )

the liberty battlecruiser - mjolnir - 05-14-2008

well the Dreadnought has those wings also.... it's more in what Puck mentioned... should have big head and then get smaller, like GB and Cruiser.

But not much, so maybe just redo the very front?

I think the two lvl 10 turrets should be somewhat prominent on the model, just like the whole Cruiser is build around the forward gun.

But even like this is much better than the current one... that actually IS spammed.. and has crazy hitbox.

EDIT: Also some size comparison pls. With Cruiser and Dread..

the liberty battlecruiser - Panzer - 05-14-2008

I like this one, especially the bow section

The rear looks as if it didn't belong to the ship, maybe it's just me.

I'd flip it vertically, then it would look a bit more harmonized with the bow, I wouldn't touch those 'wings' on the sides - the dreadnought has them and it's the one feature of Liberty warships I consider pretty.

Down with the assault frigate!!!

(And dont' yuz worry, I'll be the same enthusiastic when the battlestars' time comes)

the liberty battlecruiser - Epholl - 05-14-2008

Hm... What does this remind me of...?

[Image: mi-24-large.jpg]

Very nice, Jinx.

the liberty battlecruiser - Panzer - 05-14-2008

Mi 24...

Don't u dare make fun outta the most beautiful-ugly assault chopper in existence!

Only that Jinx's model has its front on the thinner end.