Discovery Gaming Community
Best trade route - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Best trade route (/showthread.php?tid=85328)

Pages: 1 2

Best trade route - monmarfori - 08-09-2012

Please, my transport needs a trade route. Can anyone say the best trade route on liberty?

Best trade route - Echo 7-7 - 08-09-2012

The economy is balanced such that there is no single best trade route.

What ship are you flying, and with what faction (ID)?

Do you want the best legal or illegal route? Do you want to only fly within Liberty, or will you leave the House?

Best trade route - monmarfori - 08-10-2012

Legal route. I pilot a Transport and has Universal Shipping ID.

Best trade route - Echo 7-7 - 08-10-2012

Rather than give you a list of trade routes, which I could sit here all day and write and never be finished, I'll suggest some commodities which are good to bring into or out of Liberty. I suggest you mix and match different routes; see what you like best. Most of these bring in a competitive amount of profit.

<commodity> - <best purchase location>

Commodities to export from Liberty:

Light Arms - Detroit Munitions, New York
Boron - Planet Pittsburgh, New York
Nanocapacitors - Planet Houston, Texas
Superconductors - Planet Denver, Colorado
Luxury Consumer Goods - Newark Station, New York
Military Vehicles - Fort Severn, Ontario
Bio-Neural Processors - Leduc Station, Alberta
FloraGro - California Minor, California
Synth Paste - Planet Los Angeles, California
Neon - Planet Erie, Pennsylvania
Pharmaceuticals - Planet Denver, Colorado
Platinum - Toronto Station, Ontario
Toxic Waste - Fort Severn, Ontario

Commodities to import into Liberty:

Super Alloy - Scarborough Station, Newcastle
Engine Components - Yukawa Shipyard, Honshu
Furs - Planet Tomioka, Nagano
Gold - Graves Station, Dublin
H-Fuel - Fujisawa Mining Facility, Okinawa
Optronics - Planet Honshu, Honshu
Ship Hull Panels - Stokes Mining Station, Leeds
Kyushu Rice - Planet Kyushu, Kyushu
Plutonium - Furyoku Station, Okinawa
Quantum Multiplexors - Misaki Station, Rishiri
Robotics - Aland Shipyard, Omega-3

PS. If you have the opportunity to buy Ore from a Miner, do so - it brings in more than double the profit of standard commodities.

Best trade route - Miranda - 08-10-2012

The best trade route in the game currently is Helium-3 from the GMG in Okinawa to Southampton in New London, then Gold ore from Dublin to Roppongi Station in New Tokyo

Best trade route - Andrew Black - 08-10-2012

huh what happend to the Military - vips- daimond run?

in disco 4.85 it was the best and semi legal route to do , hope it still exist.

Best trade route - Delnar_Ersike - 08-10-2012

' Wrote:The best trade route in the game currently is Helium-3 from the GMG in Okinawa to Southampton in New London, then Gold ore from Dublin to Roppongi Station in New Tokyo
Sorry dude, not even close. I actually took the time once and calculated the best legal trade route in Freelancer Discovery 4.86 (yes, there is one), and your route isn't even close to it in Credits Per Cargo-Second.

As Echo 7-7 said, there isn't really a "best" trade route in Freelancer Discovery. Even though mine is 223 cents per cargo-second on average (that's the entire round trip), there are lots of trade routes that average about 220 cents per cargo second, so the difference is miniscule.

Check out Freelancer Companion if you haven't already, it's an extremely useful tool for traders... just be sure you know all the inRP trading restrictions before you choose your route (Liberty-Rheinland embargo, no passing through Tau 31 due to GRN, no passing through Guard Systems, illegal goods, etc.), as blindly following Freelancer Companion's routes will get you killed and/or your cargo confiscated sooner or later.

Oh, and if you need some pointers, Planet Houston and Planet Denver have a lot of good import trade routes, I suggest you start looking around that area.

The single best legal one-way trade (not the best trade route, mind you) in the game is Bautzen Station id Dresden (Diamonds) to Planet Denver in Colorado (248 cents per cargo-second), but I haven't found a way to get it into a good trade route yet, not to mention the fact that it crosses the Liberty-Rheinland border...
To compare, the second best legal one-way trade is Aomori Station in Honshu (VIPs) to Freeport 2 in Bering (239 cents per cargo-second), but that also crosses the Liberty-Rheinland border, plus it uses a Jump Hole that I believe is very guarded.

Best trade route - Andrew Black - 08-10-2012

hmm sounds like people will have to make long ways to avoid those blockades if posible, wich means more time.
More time to get from point a point b means compared it gonna deliver never as much as a balanced round trip ever could do.

maybe try to join a faction like ageira or ic or something, most of times they got faction routes wich they provide and so it could help start you up how to do routes, create youre own routes and even maybe smugle once you got some knowhow of sirius and gallic laws.

Hope to see you around soon in space. contact Ageira|Etna or Andrew-Black il help out a bit ok.

Friendly greetings from Captain Black from out of the Ageira|Etna

Best trade route - Mímir - 08-10-2012

And once you have enough credits, by a Ranseur and put on some heavy armor. You'll be able to solo missions that will net you 10+ million in total (after repairs and restocking of bots/bats) in 15-20 minutes (shorter if you are fast). I find it almost as profitable as trading, and more entertaining too.

Best trade route - Vaktus - 08-10-2012

[color=#33CC00]I used to go by a moderately long trade route between Liberty and Kusari during Reunion. It was profitable and was how I got by first billion, but since then I just use a simple little route within Liberty's core systems.

Personally, I find the shorter routes less energy-draining, for one reason or the another.

But remember one important thing while trading, if you decide you want to start smuggling illegal cargo - stay away from the Rheinland border.