Discovery Gaming Community
The Osirus - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: The Osirus (/showthread.php?tid=855)

The Osirus - Angel - 04-14-2006

Ok, I kept wondering why everyone hates the Osirus, so I was testing out the Osirus in some RP pirate action today and found a great number of flaws in it.

First, it can't even support is stock weapons, and it can barely support a Heavy mortar. And its Energy recharge rate is very very slow.

Now, due in most part that the Osirus, is a Pirate Battleship, I was wondering if ther where any Ideas on how to help this Cool, sexy battleship.

Couple things, first increase its energy pool, and Increse its energy Recharge Rate, so that It can support Its weapons, I mean you get a total of like 8 guns to have on it, Also thinking of Doubleing its Cargo hold, for all that Pirateing people do, MORE PLUNDER, I mean If your going to pay 100 mill for it, make it a sexy bad @$$ ship you can be proud of.

The Osirus - Raven_ipb2_import227 - 04-15-2006

I have to agree, even two full salvo's only got my shields to about 25% :/

Although I'm not a believer in pirates using only a BS to pirate.. IMO it's better to use them when in groups.

The Osirus - The Damned - 04-15-2006

Yes Sam , thats true. As its true that every other ship out there is in the same position - lets not forget the Osiris has the biggest energy generator from all original FL BS.

I am going to post AGAIN a long and boring stuff about CAPITAL SHIPS (not only BS - all cap ships) balance and behaviour. I hope that this time the right ppl READ it and write an answer *looking at Igiss and Wolfpack*. I have started testing the BS' on the mod from the earlies versions. And I can say that right now we have THE MOST RIDICULOUS capital ships EVER in the history of Discovery. Its been a week or so since i last posted about the stuff. And I'll do it again. I'm gonna post the issues in lines with examples facts based on gameplay and DataStorm data , with the best logical solutions i can give for them. Right now I am extremely upset...MAD if u will. I'm feeling like cursing stuff all around the place. But ill keep the curses for myself and do the task that I have assigned myself for.

1ST - The new BS shields are the thing that was really missing be4 - its a great feature. And there is nothing a miss with it.

And now the bloodshed begins...

Firstly - NO CAPITAL SHIP CAN SUPPORT IT'S STOCK WEAPONS LET ALONE THE NEW CERBEROUS AND STUFF. You can fire approximately 10 seconds and the energy is drained. Then u have to wait 40 seconds or so for it to restore. WRONG WRONG WRONG. With no ship capable of supporting the capital wapons of its class they are rendered useless infront the cheaper , exstremely effective option of putting fighter turrets on the BS. U Don't beleive? Well try out a BS with bunch of tizones , salamancas , and the all loved marsflyer turrets (by the way the marsflyer guns should be unmountable) . U can compete with a BS armed like that , no matter that u are in the same ship , and u are using fat A*S guns for 1,5 2 mills each. Simply cause they dont fire-no energy.
Right now ive spennded the last days trying to configurate my caps with cap ship weapons , and not with any fighter weps. Well my bretonia BS can't handle firing 2 GB lib turrets , and 4 cruser lib turets - he drops energy when firing them If i add the 4 cruser missles (cruser cause if i put BS ones things get even worse) I can't support fire for more than 25 - 30 sec - in a BS vs BS fight that is nothing. Not to mention that the guns on it are from 1 class lower shis and a gunboat - 2 classes lower. At the moment a fighter can outgun a BS with its guns.
I'll do the math right here so u all can see, although if u have tried it u know it without the numbers:
We take the BS only energy guns (no missles razors and stuff):
i have 2 GB and 4 cruser turrets:
GB turrets - 2x650\325 + cruser - 4x855\428 = 4720\2362 per shot
Now a Standart these days arment of a Raven claw: 4 tizonas , 4 wildfires
4x44\1050 tizonas + 4x1446\723 Wildfires = 5960\7092 per shot.
I leave a place for comment , right now when i am seen' the numbers im like that >>:(. Even a stock Osiris can't outgun this.
All energy-based cap ship turrets are ridiculous. They do small damage , they require enourmous energy... with one word they suck... wich makes my BS suck. I DONT WANT MARSFLYERS ON MY BS. I WANT BS GUNS ON IT!

Sollution: 1st - the amount of energy avalable for the generators now is fine. BUT -the regen is simply pitiful. The sollution is increase in the regen , and a significant reduce in the energy turrets demnads (battle razors , infernos , mortars , missle turrets are fine). Then increase in the damage output of the energy turrets for the cap ships.
2nd. - I don't see the RH BS firing its 21 turrets for very long with their currents stats. SO AGAIN TO REPEAT MYSELF. EQUALIZATION OF THE TURRET NUMBER OF CAP SHIPS IS CRUCIAL FOR THE BALANCE.
I'll write again: Lib dread 12 turrets , Osiris 10-12 turrets , Bret 12 , Kusari and Rheiland 14-15 , B star - 12 , B star adv 16 Nomad - as its now , B star II - as its now , RH cruser - 12, Kusari destr 12 , Bret Destroyer 12 Lib 1/7, hugenout 12 . From the GB only The Kusary one needs equalization.
3rd. - The BS guns need serious balance too. WE have to decide.Like the RH guns - small dmg , but better refire , liberty - slow powerful, Bret and Kusari around the "golden" middle - good refire, average damage. Also the cerberous should be looked again - they are fine , but they need reduce in the energy cost a bit ,and increace in dmg appropriate to the other guns increase. Solaris guns might need a lil tweak , but nothing special for them.

Bottom line: There is a lot of work ... but i think that its absolutely acheavable. For the final version if this things are made possible , they will for sure bring Discovery one step closer to perfection. Roght now im extremely happy with the mod's developing, but all these serious flaws are itching and bugging me...

The Osirus - Met2085 - 04-15-2006

Angel, how do you think I feel when I fight in the Hyperion? Its agitating beyond all belief, and Damned, THANK YOU for posting this (if for the second time) Ill make sure Wolfpack reads this and responds, but he isnt the modder, Igiss is, and its really up to him to do something about it

The Osirus - princedwi - 04-15-2006

It's just simply amazing...the Osiris is the most expensive battleship I've encountered (100 million estimated) ...and not having enough firepower to even scratch the hull of a gunboat (even with a gunboat's stocked shield) is totally uncalled for.

Not to mention that the regeneration rate is from what I've heard the most pathetic compared to ships that could easily deal more damage before recharging energy.

The Osirus - Piros MK II - 04-15-2006

Perhaps one could bring protection with them? Capital Ships -need- support, and the imbalances reinforce this. Until this is fixed, perhaps you should consider bringing a friend with you on your capital ship forays.

HOWEVER, with the information shown by Damned, it's far from what it needs to be. while yes, i support weakness in BS, i also support general fairness. If someone wants to use a BS, they shouldn't have to have trouble grappling with a gunboat!

The Osirus - The Damned - 04-15-2006

Oh and another thing i forgot to mention :
I have suggested it be4 - level requrements for the equipment of cap ship.
All equipment for BS's to be lv10 , for Crusers/Destroyers 9lv , and for trains/GB 8lv. By doing this the option of selling cap shields will be appropriate (along with diferent cap ship shields - graviton , positron etc.) This will not enable lower class ships mountig higher class ship equipment (e.g. cruser with BS guns/shield).
And another thing , if its not already in the game - the Cap weps of the houses/pirate clans to be the same type as their main fighter weps - e.g. laser for Liberty , plasma Rheiland and so on...