Discovery Gaming Community
What did you think of the Olympics? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: What did you think of the Olympics? (/showthread.php?tid=85535)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

What did you think of the Olympics? - Sabre120 - 08-13-2012

So the Olympics has finally come to a close and as a resident of Great Britain I can't help but feel a little sad that it's all over. However I feel immense pride for my home nation and the various athletes who competed and am proud to call myself British. Really I was just wandering what the global response to the London 2012 games was and would like to hear your own personal opinions on the games, let's not get too political though :$

What did you think of the Olympics? - Tenacity - 08-13-2012

For the most part I'm not a fan, Kenyans always win the stupid races, I think they're rigged.

But I do like seeing the teen girls in supertight clothes.

What did you think of the Olympics? - Korny - 08-13-2012

Only read about it in the news, a whole lot of stuff seemed manipulated. Who knows.

What did you think of the Olympics? - McNeo - 08-13-2012

Even though I'm British (and Japanese...) and I liked them, I have two points to make.

1. Using the words "British" and "Proud" at the same time as asking for opinions is probably going to cause some political things to happen in this thread at some point, which will cause a lock. Perhaps saying this means it will come true, but who knows.

2. I hazard a guess that most of the people bothered enough to post on this forum aren't sports fans for a variety of reasons, given that they chose to spend their time playing this game or writing stuff on this forum instead of watching the Olympics.

On the subject of the Games themselves, I did watch them, but I was really shocked to see so much coverage for British athletes and so little by comparison for athletes of other nations. To me, it was pretty rude, and doubly so as some commentators are calling the Olympics a success for Britain based on the medal haul rather than the quality of the hosting.

On the other hand, I had fun watching the sports on offer and they seemed very well organised. It was nice to see a summer version of the Snowboard X, the BMX, as well as a very challenging mountainbiking course. The Canoe and Kayak white water events were also extremely entertaining.

Tenacity, a Ugandan won the Marathon event.

What did you think of the Olympics? - Jayce - 08-13-2012

Inb4thelock.

I don't think I've ever watched the Olympics.

What did you think of the Olympics? - AshHill07 - 08-13-2012

Great now we've just got to sit though the paralympics now ...

Its fair enough that it happens. I get it means a lot to a lot of people, and I have no problem with it happening.

What I do have a problem with is not being able to watch TV without them banging on about it. The BBC is especialy guilty of this.

What did you think of the Olympics? - Lyderies - 08-13-2012

GO THE KIWIS!!!

But seriously we kicked ozzies arse, no matter what they say we won

:Pwas great to watch

What did you think of the Olympics? - Fletcher - 08-13-2012

It was a great Olympics, and there was a lot of banter up my local club about the various athletes, as well as our theories about how many of them were doped up and the past idiots that were drugged up to the eyeballs.

I never really sat down to watch them unless I was in a group, but it was a truly great event and brought a lot of joy. I'm happy that Great Britain got so many medals for such a small nation.

I like to think of it as a time when everyone can be proud of their nation, no matter who you are and what you look like. That boy Farah was it, that got the 5000m and 10000m gold medals was it? Truly case in point that as long as you're from this nation or call yourself British, be proud that they kill themselves for you for a medal.

What did you think of the Olympics? - Death.RunningVerminator - 08-13-2012

Didn't watch it.:P

What did you think of the Olympics? - Camtheman - 08-13-2012

Like watching grass grow