Discovery Gaming Community
What should be done about Unique Ships. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: What should be done about Unique Ships. (/showthread.php?tid=85844)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

What should be done about Unique Ships. - ssc - 08-18-2012

I choose 1, cause it makes no sence to limit it to only its creators, if that doesnt go, number 3 is second choice.

Unique ships have been limited to only the creators, since people rarely seen them, they don't play a desent role in the Disco universe. I know some will choose option 2, and I can understand that. Reguardless of what anyone says in reguards that uniques are there for a reason, the issue is unable to aquire one with special permission, and have a Special RP Character makes it difficult to own one. Even then you dont get the ship. Doubling the amount for the 3 ships on Disco Offical Server would limit it, making it easier for people. And since 2 of the 3 are not really agressive Battleships, not alot would go for em. Just sayin', if their only for the creators of those ships, shouldnt be in the game.

What should be done about Unique Ships. - Ipuvaepe - 08-18-2012

1) You added no option for status quo
2) You added no suboptions for any of the options
3) You specified a nerf with #1, where this doesn't belong in a primary option.

I choose #3, but making them an undockable object instead of a station. Now I wish I hadn't voted at all.

Unique ships aren't a problem, there are plenty of ships ingame you cannot obtain.

What should be done about Unique Ships. - SummerMcLovin - 08-18-2012

Despite what you say, keeping things as they are is an option. It's really not that big a deal that we can't have everything.

I expect to see a lot of "not voting because you've not included all the options" posts, like this one.

What should be done about Unique Ships. - SnakThree - 08-18-2012

Why not "Other" as an option?

What should be done about Unique Ships. - Matthews - 08-18-2012

' Wrote:Despite what you say, keeping things as they are is an option. It's really not that big a deal that we can't have everything.

I expect to see a lot of "not voting because you've not included all the options" posts, like this one.
Not much else to say.

What should be done about Unique Ships. - ssc - 08-18-2012

' Wrote:Despite what you say, keeping things as they are is an option.
No, its not. Its not fair to others looking on the Wiki, see those ships, download Disco ,ask admins/Devs for the ship, and get nothing in responce. It would be fair if everyone got a Unique of their own design, but only 3 people get those ships, with 2 others at most. They should be Stations or simply a "decorative Item" in a system of that faction. They serve no real purpose if they arent seen or even used.

What should be done about Unique Ships. - Psymple - 08-18-2012

This just looks to me like a "I cant have it so I want no one to have it" thread...

People who have unique ships earned them as far as I am concerned...
Sure I would love to have one but making them available to everyone would just spoil them entirely and removing them entirely due to people who don't have them being jealous is just spiteful...
Didnt vote.

What should be done about Unique Ships. - bloogaL - 08-18-2012

No vote from me, not enough options in your pole, why can't I vote that I want it to stay the same as it is?

What should be done about Unique Ships. - SummerMcLovin - 08-18-2012

So it's a case of not getting everything that you want? It might be disappointing to find them and realise you can't have some neat-looking ships, but there are lots of other kinds out there that you can use that are just as good, if not better. RP it a certain way and you can pretend to be a specific type of that ship to suit your character.

Giving everyone everything they ask for is pandering, and is not normally beneficial in the long run.

What should be done about Unique Ships. - SnakThree - 08-18-2012

' Wrote:No, its not. Its not fair to others looking on the Wiki, see those ships, download Disco ,ask admins/Devs for the ship, and get nothing in responce. It would be fair if everyone got a Unique of their own design, but only 3 people get those ships, with 2 others at most. They should be Stations or simply a "decorative Item" in a system of that faction. They serve no real purpose if they arent seen or even used.
Are there not HUGE DISCLAIMERS HOW SOME THINGS ARE NOT ACCESSIBLE FOR GENERAL PUBLIC ON OFFICIAL DISCO SERVER?