Discovery Gaming Community
Need some tips on base operation - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Need some tips on base operation (/showthread.php?tid=85874)

Need some tips on base operation - sindroms - 08-19-2012

So when Raul left Disco, I took over his base. It is parked in a nice little spot, it offers some good RP and even some income.

Until now it has been on life support.

I really wanted to try and make it a wee bit more interactive and drop the whole "register your name for docking rights" bit. Now that bases have affiliation and are hostile to players they should be hostile to, I see little problems related to having it shot by lawfuls because of some pirates docking there.

However, I know this comes with a risk to the base, because people can actually either flood it with unneeded goods or remove some of the goods from it, causing it to poof.

What I am asking here are tips from experienced base owners on how to prepare my base for being open to everyone.

I need to be explained about how the whole /shop works.

What happens if I set goods to 0 / 0 for Min Max.
What happens if I set goods to, for example, 100 000/ 5000 min max.
What happens if I set goods to, for example, 5000/ 100 000 min max.

In other words, how do I keep my vital cargo safe. How do I allow people to buy goods without allowing them to sell said goods to it?
How to make items sellable but not buyable without administrator rights.

If you have any tips, do tell.

This is new territory for me. :mellow:

Need some tips on base operation - Miranda - 08-19-2012

Skyping you

Need some tips on base operation - sindroms - 08-19-2012

' Wrote:Skyping you

Place a copy here, because perhaps others have similar questions.

Need some tips on base operation - Ipuvaepe - 08-19-2012

/shop price <commodity #> <price> <min> <max>
min = If the quantity of an item is below this, it will not be visible for purchase
max = the base will not buy any more than this of an item.

There used to be a few technicalities with these, but most were fixed last base update.

As for base rep, from the information I've gathered through experimentation with my own few bases it is rather broken. Even if your base is defensemode 2, you must still be green to dock (by rep or allied list). Personally I only use base rep with guard rep, and then it shoots most allies.

' Wrote:How do I allow people to buy goods without allowing them to sell said goods to it?
set the max (LAST variable) to 0 - this was impossible before the last base patch
' Wrote:How to make items sellable but not buyable without administrator rights.
If you're asking how you can change the market status of items without admin, you cannot. If you're asking about being able to sell items to the base but not buy from the base (vs to/from the player which would make the definiton of buy/sell inverted), then flip the quantity where min = 0 and max = whatever you want the max to be.