Discovery Gaming Community
A nice ship that isn't there - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: A nice ship that isn't there (/showthread.php?tid=85899)

Pages: 1 2

A nice ship that isn't there - Wafellini - 08-19-2012

so I ll let myself import a pic from Jinx work :

[Image: refugeefleet.png]

This big red one. it's so awesome that it's beyound everything:D

Anyway :

Is it at any point going to be added - is it just a concept ship or something?
I would love to see that in space...a bigger version of luxury liner with Bretonian origin....doesn't have to be something extra with million of turrets etc

stats kinda similar to Lux liner and cargo of 5000 and it would be perfect - no thruster - even with a speed of a barge. Hell I would love to see it in space...

so anyone ever worked on it?

A nice ship that isn't there - Curios - 08-19-2012

I guess it's one of the Jinx's concepts which, despite their cool look, somehow usually very badly optimised for implemention in to the mod.

A nice ship that isn't there - Miranda - 08-19-2012

I'd be willing to chip in to pay a modeler to get that thing ingame

A nice ship that isn't there - Vulkhard Muller - 08-19-2012

' Wrote:I'd be willing to chip in to pay a modeler to get that thing ingame

As would i

A nice ship that isn't there - Error - 08-19-2012

' Wrote:Is it at any point going to be added - is it just a concept ship or something?
I would love to see that in space...a bigger version of luxury liner with Bretonian origin....doesn't have to be something extra with million of turrets etc
It's not planned, at least. Again, it's another one of Jinx' many concept ships, which despite looking great wouldn't have worked very well in-game. Most of them haven't been submitted for review and not seen outside a few renders here and there. Black Heart's got it right, pretty much. Unfortunately. But (flyable) ships of that size just don't work very well with the sort of system/ship scale we work with in Discovery currently, as we've already seen with the Barge.

A nice ship that isn't there - Jayce - 08-19-2012

It's derpier than hell, and would be a bastard to balance because of it's size.

A nice ship that isn't there - Gentlefood - 08-19-2012

' Wrote:It's derpier than hell, and would be a bastard to balance because of it's size.

It is purdy though. I would like to see new liner designs that aren't simply based off the Lux Liner model.

A nice ship that isn't there - JIVA - 08-19-2012

its just a fun render - disco has enough ships that are too big. also - so far, gallia hasn t shown any teeth enough to force bretonians to actually evacuate in panic.

A nice ship that isn't there - ssc - 08-19-2012

cheshire, you do know that the Valor Class Battleship has alot more firepower?
I used the weapon stats of highest damage rate, heres the results, and a bit scary.

GRN Battleship Hull/Shield damage output: (1668100 to 2948100)/(834050 to 1474050)
BRF Battleship Hull/Shield damage output: (486000 to 726000)/(242880 to 362880)

Its only if those slots are filled in the one weapon of that faction, reason for the varients of Hull/shield damage is the Main Battleship turret and Missile Turret of that faction. Gallia has 3 Heavy, so I went with the highest damaging one. I personally would not assault a GRN Valor, a Cruiser maybe, but no way in hell would I take on a Valor. Only with alot of back-up, then I would.

On Topic: The Ship has a nice look to it. Its more of what Bretonia would make, not that ugly liner they have, seriously. If a faction has a Liner of its own, it should not look similar to Civilian Base Liners. I would think it could make it with some tweaking.

A nice ship that isn't there - Ipuvaepe - 08-19-2012

' Wrote:cheshire, you do know that the Valor Class Battleship has alot more firepower?
I used the weapon stats of highest damage rate, heres the results, and a bit scary.

GRN Battleship Hull/Shield damage output: (1668100 to 2948100)/(834050 to 1474050)
BRF Battleship Hull/Shield damage output: (486000 to 726000)/(242880 to 362880)
Did you know that what you just calculated is conceptually flawed? When those mortars drain all the energy, you'll be doing roughly the same damage (Valor 15% more).

Cerbs are what you want to look at.

45kdps, 110keps each.

BretBS core is 260keps, ceil(260/110) = 3
Valor core is 300keps, ceil(300/110) = 3

260/(110*3)*45*3 = 106.363636kdps (BretBS)
300/(110*3)*45*3 = 122.727272kdps (Valor)