Discovery Gaming Community
To the Lane Hackers Professorship - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To the Lane Hackers Professorship (/showthread.php?tid=86019)

To the Lane Hackers Professorship - Ryummel - 08-21-2012

[Image: fi5lW.jpg]
Greetings Hackers,

Fortunately it hasn't been long enough to see the relations between our groups weakened, or at least that's what the Shogunate members wish to think. Did the cloaking devices work as intended? It's a shame that we had to ditch any further efforts on Kameyama Outpost in order to improve our ever-growing active combat assets. Shady times we are living in.

Now I'll get straight to the point. You're very well aware about our nature and the kind of enemy we have been facing for almost 500 years: Vastly outnumbered, we've been forced to rely on our flying skills and the wise use of firepower, having a dedicated team of military engineers to improve in this last field. However, one eventually realizes that the Laser technology from our Daito guns and the Photon-based Suncannons from our joint projects with the Chrysanthemums aren't enough to tip the scale in our favor.

We're coming to you with a proposal for another joint project, not about cloaking devices, but weapon-related. The high range of the Tachyon-based weapons is something that would prove to be very useful for our warriors in the nebula combat here in Kusari, while your people could find useful a more energy-efficient type of fast-firing cannon, added to our recently released line of gunboat and cruiser turrets. We'll be looking for a response. Arigato for your time.

<div align="right]Signed,
Daimyō Kazuo Akechi

[Image: hideyoshisignature.png]
In Hideyoshi's Memory

To the Lane Hackers Professorship - Nicole Hunter - 08-22-2012

...hack.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...
...live.feed.initialized...
[Image: 1a.png][Image: 14.png]
Konnichiwa Daimyō Akechi,

It is truly a sad news that you had to abandon Kameyama Outpost. However, we fully understand you, as we had to do the same with Reppu Harbor. Currently we believe that renting production facilities from our allies is a much more efficient way of obtaining prototype technology. I hope it will please you that the cloak which we have installed in Division by Zero is working as expected. Just recently, shortly before his death, certain captain of a Liberty Navy armored transport learnt not to underestimate use of cloaks in ambushes.

As for the research project you are proposing, we are always interested in obtaining new technological data, especially if it concerns laser weapons. Having a chance to actually research these weapons with your support might allow us to upgrade even further our shield generators in order to accommodate ever-growing popularity of Vengeance guns in Liberty. Therefore, I will shortly dispatch a freighter from Leiden to Kyoto that will carry several Hellflurries and a team of scientists and engineers to aid you in your research project.

In return we have a small request. According to our analysis of data accumulated from periodic hacks of the Universal Ship Information system, our despised hoodlums from the Ageira Technologies, Interspace Commerce and Independent Neuralnet Division have recently decided to focus their operations in Kusari. I assure you that these dissolute corporate villains are no better than the Samura itself. Since they are slowly getting out of our reach we are preparing a small special operative wing that will strike them where they are least expecting it. We propose the following terms of presence of the special operative wing in Kusari.

1) The wing will operate in Kusari with the utmost deference to the Blood Dragons.
2) The wing will conduct aggressive operations against Ageira Technologies, Interspace Commerce and Independent Neuralnet Division vessels only.
3) The wing will use Blood Dragon bases to resupply and repair while maintaining a low profile.
4) If requested, the wing will support the Blood Dragons in combat operations.

Let me know if these terms are acceptable for you.

Sayonara,
Nicole Hunter

...live.feed.lost...
...encryption.in.progress...hack.terminated...

To the Lane Hackers Professorship - Ryummel - 08-22-2012

These are very good news for the Shogunate,

We are glad to see you have considered the proposal with a positive answer so we will pass the word to our sentinels guarding the Hokkaido entrance about the incoming vessel from Leiden as soon as possible to prevent any... undesired incident. Our research team will be also awaiting at Kyoto to welcome your scientists, with every weapon we can provide for this operation.

Now, we somehow expected to see the names of Ageira, Interspace and IND mentioned sooner or later. What can we say? Ageira Technologies worked actively on the Jumpgate project that threatened our existance for long twenty years, even if it was eventually rerouted to Rishiri system. On the other hand, there's Interspace Commerce, those who apparently refused to fund the jumpgate project efforts yet nowadays decided to place bounties on our heads so mercenaries have a excuse to bother us. And finally, the IND, those we barely had contact with, however I agree that none of these corporations are any better than Samura... or even Kishiro.

The Shogunate accepts your terms. Consider your people welcome in our bases.

Daimyō Kazuo Akechi

In Hideyoshi's Memory

To the Lane Hackers Professorship - Nicole Hunter - 08-29-2012

...hack.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...
...live.feed.initialized...
[Image: 1b.png][Image: 14.png]
Konnichiwa Daimyō Akechi,

I have been informed by one of our operatives that the freighter I've sent to you has just returned. I hope that the resources provided by us will allow you to better understand the inter-molecular forces within a Tachyon beam.

As for the special operative wing of which we have spoken before, there has been a slight change of plans. By the order of Professor Moriarty we are to focus on rebuilding our position in Liberty, therefore the resources that were meant for this project have been redirected elsewhere. It is most likely that we will send only one up to two ships to Kusari in order to harass our enemies there.

Sayonara,
Nicole Hunter

...live.feed.lost...
...receiving.attachment...

...encryption.in.progress...hack.terminated...

To the Lane Hackers Professorship - Ryummel - 08-29-2012

Wonderful news,

Don't hesitate to contact us again about the aforementioned special operative should the Professor Moriarty ever change his opinion.

Daimyō Kazuo Akechi

In Hideyoshi's Memory