Discovery Gaming Community
Need Images - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Need Images (/showthread.php?tid=86099)

Need Images - Corsair - 08-23-2012

Since I am bringing back my ExMortis characters, I need images to use for them. I have three signatures in rotation right now, but I need comm images and full-body shots for reference and public use in the story here.

The story takes place on the Jelkanar, an Order research ship in an unnamed system (several months away from the old Omicron Minor)

The tl;dr of it all is that the ExMortis are a species created when a human body is infected with a virus that uses nanobots to control the body and modify its genetic structure. The end result is more or less humanoid, with a few exceptions. The average ExMortis drone is overtly human. Depending on how much control the virus has on the body, it walks and moves with human dexterity; however, for various reasons some bodies reject the ExMortis to some degree, making movement less precise. They tend to slouch, stagger, and cannot perform delicate tasks. But that's not what I need illustrated.

There are two 'special' ExMortis, the Core and the Speaker. The Core is a biomass that grows on the exterior of the ship's reactor core. At first it was a pair of corpses who were 'staked' to the exterior and infected with the virus. It rapidly consumed the bodies and consolidated itself into one central Core, and as the Speaker continued to bring it Cardamine and biomatter, it grew and advanced itself. Eventually it began to deconstruct and analyze human brains, and reconfigured itself to mimic the human nervous and cardiovascular system to better support itself. The Core began to grow across the ship and controlled the ExMortis drones through pheromones until it gets a hold of a Major Nomad brain, whereupon it gains the power of telepathy to control the ship's drones without pheromones.

The important part that I want illustrated is the Core itself- since absorbing the Major Brain, it is a purple-red sphere with several white clusters within itself. The color is what you would get if you added blood to a Nomad ship.

Next, and more importantly is the Speaker. The Speaker is the 'everyman' in terms of operating the ship. It's the diplomat, guardian, and hazardous materials operator of the ExMortis. Originally a woman named Maryn, the Core specifically designed her to fulfill the role, which required her to eat three crewmen and several metallic objects in order to fully transform.

When I originally wrote the story two years ago, I had just finished Dead Space and was still in that mindset. Thus, the Speaker resembles a Necromorph from said game. She shares some physical similarities, but is her own creature entirely. Here are some pictures of Necromorphs for those who do not know / have not seen one in a while. Warning, they are grotesque.

Necromorph 1
Morph 2
Morph 3
Morph 4

As you can see, their physical appearance is very aggressive. Morph one and three have a new set of arms that grow from their shoulders / back, and Morph 2 has a set of very wicked choppers. Morph 4 resembles the Speaker closest, and I shall describe her below.

She / It stands 9 feet tall (2.5 meters) and is extremely gaunt. Her internal organs have been cannibalized and re purposed, save for her heart and lungs which are contained within a small and compact ribcage. Her skin is gray and leathery. The arms that she had as a human lengthened and her hands became wicked claws. Said claws are a hybridization of metal and bone, and are tapered vertically like knives. She has a second pair of arms that grow from below her shoulder blades on her back, which reach up and around her neck to rest on her chest. These extra arms are each end in a curved blade. As for her legs, they are reversed. Whereas human knees bend forward, her knees are angled backwards and end in a hoof with a single claw on the front that digs into the ground, like a velociraptor's. This makes it so that every time she takes a step forward, it's a spring-loaded leap. Her head is hairless and pallid. Her ears are now small divots on either side of her skull. Her mouth are filled with inch and a half long teeth, and her jaw has been stretched to accommodate them. This gives her the appearance of always grinning.

What I am looking for is:

A shot of the Core on the wall- the purple-red sphere with white nodes surrounded by red biomatter.

A Comm ID of the Speaker's face

A full-body image of the Speaker

And optionally, a diagram of the ExMortis virus itself. The virus appears as the typical head, body, tail but it its attached to a nanobot. The nanobot is there to break down and construct sections of the body at will, which is fueled by Cardamine. The nanobot breaks down a Cardamine molecule and feeds it to the virus, where it accumulates in the head. An image of the virus full of Cardamine, sitting on a nanobot would suffice.

Payment depends on several factors: Quality, originality, clarity and personal choice. If you just use MS paint to copy+paste a shoddy piece of work, I won't even consider it. I'm looking for genuine quality and so I'm in no hurry to get it. I assume prices will range in the hundreds of millions though I will NOT go above 1.5 billion. I will meet that price mark, however, if I deem your work to be of fantastic quality. So, to recap:
  • An image of the Core
  • A Comm ID (transmission bar) with the Speaker's face
  • A full-body shot of the Speaker
  • OPTIONAL: An image of a Cardamine-filled ExMortis virus controlling a nanobot
In order to create these images, I am assuming that a mix of photoshop and hand drawing will be required. Color is preferred and will be paid more. There is no deadline, though I would like to know if you are going to work on one of the pieces. You do not need to do all of them alone, though you can make more than one of them. If I receive multiple submissions, I may use as many as I see fit. If I do not end up using your product but I can see you invested time and effort into the piece, I will pay you anyway. Payment minimum is as follows:
  • The Core = 100 million minimum payout
  • Comm ID (transmission bar): 250 million minimum payout
  • Full body image: 500 million minimum payout
  • ExMortis virus: 75 million minimum payout
That should give you an idea of the quality I expect to receive. I am sinking a lot of money into this project, and I want the end product to reflect it. If you are interested, drop a reply below. It doesn't have to be a promise to produce a project, merely to show interest. I will not blame you if you cancel your submission.

EDIT: I have received a rough concept sketch that hits what I'm looking for on the head.

Example. Slim body, legs bent back, second arms hanging over the shoulders on the chest. Mouth splayed open in a grin. If I can get a higher quality version of this, then I'll be happy.

Need Images - Prysin - 08-29-2012

ill take a look at it.

As for Fullbody Image, are you referring to a fullbody Comm image? or a fullbody sig?

Need Images - Revan - 08-31-2012

Nice signature:D

Need Images - Corsair - 08-31-2012

Prysin, a full-body image that I could use in forum roleplay. So it would be like a Transmission bar, but larger and centered around the Speaker. I wouldn't use it in the Communication Channel, but rather the Stories and Biographies forum, if that helps with context.

Need Images - Prysin - 09-01-2012

for stories, i suggest more specific art then just a simple image or a simple large TB..

Larger, specialized forms of art, such as concept art is more beneficial for the story... however, it is your project, not mine.

I will see what i can come up with. Perhaps i can whip up some interesting results

Need Images - Corsair - 09-03-2012

For now, I want a full-body image to use in an information nexus such as this. I'm eventually going to make a glossary of sorts using these images for people to quickly access resources related to the ExMortis.

It doesn't matter if it's black and white concept art or a full-color digital rendition, but I just need visual pieces for people to quickly understand the characters. I am willing to accept both concept art and digital pieces, though it may take slightly longer to get all the money together.

Need Images - Corsair - 09-08-2012

Anybody have any news / updates? Still need all of these images.

Need Images - Corsair - 09-11-2012

Now that I'm getting into Forum RP with the ExM, I -really- need that transmission bar. :| I've gotten several people expressing interest, but nobody is actually doing anything.

Need Images - abysswolf - 09-15-2012

do a shorter description... and post it in my sale post ill charge you 300 millons for all