Discovery Gaming Community
BHG viable capships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: BHG viable capships (/showthread.php?tid=8626)

Pages: 1 2 3

BHG viable capships - Apex - 05-18-2008

What in correct RP wise should the BHG be limited to in its options for capships. First off Bounty hunters can come from all walks of life, literally tons of RP options available to justify just about anything. Usually depicted as being extremely crafty and well equiped, after all thier occupation pits them many times against the wworst villians in the sector. And in some terms serveing almost all the Lawful house's, and Corporations, both house and independant wouldnt if be reasonable to think such outstanding service may provide the oppurtunity to purchase said capships, though reasonable to think some capships in certian sytems could be asking for lots of trouble.

Also, noticeing the price difference between the outlaw capships and the lawful ones. Was this instituted to minimalise the amount of lawful capships or possibly the more ease of flow that lawful traders have, even though we know almost everyone has a trader that transfers funds, lawful or not, kinda negateing that all together. And the fact that most pirateing types would limit their outta system travels to gunships and lower for the pirateing factor.

I dont know where the player balance is as far as lawful vs unlawful total players with all the independants running around, but as far as official factions go theres more unlawful then lawful.

Anyways just curious as to what some of you may think or have to say, seeing appropiate in RP ship class has been atopic as of late.

BHG viable capships - ghostcat - 05-18-2008

Bounty hunters may join in with a personal fighter... but their own cap ship? No way. Stick to the BHG caps, they have good ones anyway.

BHG viable capships - ParanoidAndroid - 05-18-2008

Read that 19 Pages TOPIC before you come up again with another 'great' idea like this one.

' Wrote:Read that 19 Pages TOPIC before you come up again with another 'great' idea like this one.

Actually doesnt answer the questions asked in entirely but thanks for your " great " topic posting and link. As its well known that many of the PC / NPC factions have allowed use of Allied vessels to compensate for what they may not have and or to offer a some-what Allied flop of tech. Seeing theres no official BHG faction that I've seen (did I miss something maybe ?) theres no such listing, thus this original post as to officialy find what may be correct in the RP sense.

So for future posters, if a official list is stated somewhere, help a cracker out and post it, if your gonna link some vague and marginally informative link about a broad topic of in character things, save yourself and me alot of reading. If I wanted to spend all day or two days trying to browse every topic on the forums I would have and saved a post.

I'm looking for answers or someone that has sseen them elsewhere, specificly relateing to the BHG.

' Wrote:Bounty hunters may join in with a personal fighter... but their own cap ship? No way. Stick to the BHG caps, they have good ones anyway.

Okay, fighters are okay but against capships, even though some of thier opponents may have access to multiple ones, for example the Corsairs. BHG capships good ? Where do you see that, Bothe thier gunships are undergunned, the lighter destroyer is undergunned and the battlecruiser is twice as expensive as most of the unlawful factions equvialants.

Not complaining just looking for legit answers and debuttles. I mean honestly what RPG have you played or movie have you seen where the Bounty hunters are less geared or prepared then the prey they are after.

Now, getting back to topic yes there is a BHG battleecruiser thats somewhat on the same playing field as the other cruisers albeit abit more expensive, which leads back to the questions was this institued as some form of balance measure. Haveing been in several of the unlawful factions homeworld areas, BS, Dessies are abundant, so much so, most of them have started cracking down on new people in purchaseing them, yet if you like capships or just wanna own one, why wouldnt you dessie for dessie there much cheaper then some of the other factions out there.

BHG viable capships - Jinx - 05-18-2008

you re not possibly messing up the destroyer with the battlecruiser, are you?

the great difference between those classes is that the battlecruiser has 2 lvl10 ( battleship ) turret mounts aswell as a powersource that is twice as large as a normal cruiser. - if you don t think that makes a whole different shipclass.... - you must know that the larger the ship is, the less efficient its guns are. ( fighterguns do a lot more damage than they need energy to fire // battleship turrets need a lot more energy than they damage a target )

so having a huge powercore along with lower level turrets makes up for a ship that can allmost do as much damage if not more than a battleship ( cruisers regenerate the energy much faster than battleships ) while being more agile, half the size and 1/3 expensive.

the fact that the BHG has both, a destroyer and a battlecruiser makes up for the fact that their destroyer is the worst in the game, - so they got a battlecruiser that is pretty much one of the best in the game ( the assault frigate has no thrusters and the albatross is a nightmare to fly )

when it comes to capital ships, the BHG allmost have the best of the best, which is just fine - considering they are a faction with a lot of money and experience fighting non stop.

when its about fighters, - they have one of the best bombers, the hammerhead is one of the best ( original- ) heavy fighters ( dont compare it to the blood dragon or such, this one is not original ), and a very good VHF. - i don t see the need for the bhg to use anything else but their own stuff. ( except when you don t like the look of the ships )

using anything else but their own ships is fishy. - you can have a RP to do so, no doubt - but the default BHG would rather use the BHG stuff.

if you simply don t want to use BHG stuff - the option is to ask the factions that you want to have a ship from - with a reason and a description what your char is about ( in role ) - and they may consider if they give you a ship.

of course, - other factions must do the same when they get a BHG ship. - any player that is not BHG but is using BHG equipment is suspicious. - and close to kos for a real BHG, - especially when its their precious warships, but also weapons etc.
currently we are lacking an official BHG faction ( unless the core or the legion is approved now, which i am not really up to date atm ) - but once we have an official faction, all those using BHG equipment should post a formal request about using it - and the faction can ask them to abandon it if they don t approve. - same chances for everyone.

' Wrote:you re not possibly messing up the destroyer with the battlecruiser, are you?

the great difference between those classes is that the battlecruiser has 2 lvl10 ( battleship ) turret mounts aswell as a powersource that is twice as large as a normal cruiser. - if you don t think that makes a whole different shipclass.... - you must know that the larger the ship is, the less efficient its guns are. ( fighterguns do a lot more damage than they need energy to fire // battleship turrets need a lot more energy than they damage a target )

so having a huge powercore along with lower level turrets makes up for a ship that can allmost do as much damage if not more than a battleship ( cruisers regenerate the energy much faster than battleships ) while being more agile, half the size and 1/3 expensive.

the fact that the BHG has both, a destroyer and a battlecruiser makes up for the fact that their destroyer is the worst in the game, - so they got a battlecruiser that is pretty much one of the best in the game ( the assault frigate has no thrusters and the albatross is a nightmare to fly )

when it comes to capital ships, the BHG allmost have the best of the best, which is just fine - considering they are a faction with a lot of money and experience fighting non stop.

when its about fighters, - they have one of the best bombers, the hammerhead is one of the best ( original- ) heavy fighters ( dont compare it to the blood dragon or such, this one is not original ), and a very good VHF. - i don t see the need for the bhg to use anything else but their own stuff. ( except when you don t like the look of the ships )

using anything else but their own ships is fishy. - you can have a RP to do so, no doubt - but the default BHG would rather use the BHG stuff.

if you simply don t want to use BHG stuff - the option is to ask the factions that you want to have a ship from - with a reason and a description what your char is about ( in role ) - and they may consider if they give you a ship.

of course, - other factions must do the same when they get a BHG ship. - any player that is not BHG but is using BHG equipment is suspicious. - and close to kos for a real BHG, - especially when its their precious warships, but also weapons etc.
currently we are lacking an official BHG faction ( unless the core or the legion is approved now, which i am not really up to date atm ) - but once we have an official faction, all those using BHG equipment should post a formal request about using it - and the faction can ask them to abandon it if they don t approve. - same chances for everyone.

Thanks alot for the post, I had quickly scanned the battlecruisers but didnt see the 2 lvl 10's, all else makes sense, thanks again for the info.

BHG viable capships - Robert.Fitzgerald - 05-19-2008

Personally, I believe that bounty hunters should use Bounty Hunters Guild ships. They have a full shipline, with a Light Fighter, a Heavy Fighter, a VHF, a Bomber, two gunboats (one being one of the most powerful in the game), a crappy destroyer, the best Battlecruiser and an "agile" battleship.

They don't really have any need for House ships, and the Houses probably wouldn't sell their ships to the Bounty Hunters. I would think they would consider them a necessary evil, scumbags fighting pirates for the authorities.

Jinx, hopefully I can galvanise my Bounty Hunter Council idea and that could become the ideal place for Bounty Hunter Equipment requisitions?
Personally, if the [Core] are becoming official, they should act like the Core. They wouldn't be concerned with a civilian/freelancer asking for a Bounty Hunter small ship. Capital ships and more, I think they would be completely restricted to Bounty Hunter (Core) players.

The last point is depended on the approval of Kuraine's Bounty Hunter ids.

BHG viable capships - ParanoidAndroid - 05-19-2008

BH have very diverse shipline so just answer on my simple question why you look for non-BH orgin ship when you got all of them?

Just another 'one' in rat race 'to grab the best out there'? I guess so.

BHG viable capships - Jinx - 05-19-2008

@paranoid:

i wouldn t want to expect the worst in every person. - besides, when he s after the best of the best... funnily enough, the best is quite often the BHG ships. ( the only better heavy fighter than the hammerhead is the blood dragon, imo // the BHG BC is the best // the BHG battleship is at least one of the best // the BHG bomber is the best ( when you consider the (red) catamaran as bugged due to a too high agility and small hitbox anyway ) // the manta is among the best VHFs // the sea serpent is as good as any other LF mk2 )

only the destroyer sucks - but other than that, you hardly find better ships out there. ( or better weaponry )