Discovery Gaming Community
Couple of things i need to make clear... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Couple of things i need to make clear... (/showthread.php?tid=866)

Couple of things i need to make clear... - Wolfpack98 - 04-16-2006

Seems to me there's some confusion between my "role play" and "server admin" stuff.

So I'm gonna get this out before I repeat it for the upteenth time again.

being a Server Admin for a gaming community is *NOT* a role play thing. I can't role play that. No one can. If y'all find me one person who does that, then i'll call myself corrected and go on with my life. However, I'm a REAL LIFE SERVER ADMINISTRATOR. That *IS* my choosen career for my life along with being an instructor in Songahm Taekwondo.

When I'm in server, any of my characters could be server admin. However, I don't like to role play *AND* act as an admin at the same time.. kills the game for me. So let me explain how this works.

When I'm role playing, and someone asks me a question directed to me as a server admin, I immediately cease to be a role player. I become that job. I have no other way to explain this. I drop the role play and go about my job as a server admin. Once that's done, i either go back to role playing or just do whatever. I do *NOT8 have free run of the server. I'm still bound by Igiss' rules. If i break them, then I stay off the game for awhile.

After the recent events on the forum yesterday (Damn, i was having a good day and I come home to that... ) I felt the need to make this clarification. It seemed to me that a lot of you are blurring the lines when it comes to me and real life. Freelancer is nothing "serious" to me.. but I take it seriously when someone threatens the stability of a server that I run. Same with all game server admins. We take it seriously. All I want is a fair, even, level playing field for *EVERYONE* who comes to the server... nothing more. Nothing less.

Now, I'm going to go on and make a PERSONAL statement.

I don't like Dab. I think that much is pretty clear with my statements to Dab both in game and out of the game. Do I hate him? no. hate is an awfully strong word. There are very few people I hate, and each and every one of them has crossed/betrayed me in a very deep, personal way.

Do i have a problem with Dab? Hells yes. he's got one of the biggest frakkin' egos I've ever seen on a game. I truely don't like people who flaunt that. Do I have an ego? yes. Do i flaunt it? Not really. I'm a 100% wise@$$ all the time. Sam can attest to that. Met, Korrd.. even Lance.

Since I'm on the subject, I want to say something to Lance and Finius. I want to discuss this problem with you guys. We really do need to talk. I won't air this out on a public forum as it seems to me that Finius now "hates" me. I got my own problems, but when i have a problem with someone in a personal way, I'd like to know about it before someone goes off and posts whatever on a forum. So how about it guys? how about we talk about this? I would hate to lose you guys as players on the server, and most importantly, as friends of the community. Don't quit just cause of Me or Dab. Dab, I could understand with the ego crap but me? Come on guys... My posts in the other thread were directed at not just you two, but all the people involved in the war.

Speaking of wars...

I'm gonna have a VERY... LONG... TALK with Igiss about this. it's become obvious that my handling of the war may have been.. overboard. Yes, I did threaten to shut the server down if the war got out of hand. yes, I did tell both sides to cool it or I'll go ahead with the server shut down.

However...

I DID NOT IMPOSE A CEASE FIRE, NOR DID I ASK FOR ONE.

I said i prefered peace to war, as I see it every day. I hear about it every day. I have a *LOT* of friends serving in Iraq, including my oldest friend's husband. Quite frankly, i'm just tired of em.

Do i want to participate in a war? I don't have a problem with it. I don't have a problem with ANY wars. As long as it's civil on the server.

There. I've said it. as incoherent as it is, that's the way it is from my point of view. i will not debate this with anyone.

From here on out.. if anyone has a problem with me.. or what i'm doing on the server...

BRING IT TO ME.

Don't go off blasting the forums and airing dirty laundry. That's really not very net-ettiquette of anyone to do. it not only aggraviates the problem, but it can spiral out of control REAL FAST. So lets be civil, take our problems to the people that you have a problem with.

Lance, Finius, I really do hope you read this. The three of us need to have a long talk about this sh*t.

Couple of things i need to make clear... - The Pirate - 04-16-2006

ok i find Dab pain too sometimes and i alsoagree that a person cant be admin and roleplay at the same time

also war is something i usually reserve for last resort so GUYS if you really want a war
then for F''' sake make it a event or make a VERY GOOD rp reason for MAKEING WAR ON EACH OTHER

cause i frankly am sick of War too

mainly because i also have friends serving in iraq
i just heard one of them got shot yesterday which pains me dearly
because i have known him since i was like 2 years old

SO GUYS QUIT WARRING EACH OTHER FOR AWHILE

Couple of things i need to make clear... - Fellow Hoodlum - 04-16-2006

Sorry Wolf and everyone else..... Give me a little time to get my head round this..

Hoodlum

Couple of things i need to make clear... - Dab - 04-16-2006

Wolfpack98,Apr 16 2006, 08:14 AM Wrote:However...

I DID NOT IMPOSE A CEASE FIRE, NOR DID I ASK FOR ONE.
[snapback]17538[/snapback]

Well thats what Lance told me when he said he wanted the cease-fire. I already apologized for the mistake.

Couple of things i need to make clear... - Virus - 04-16-2006

Best d*mn speech I've ever read...... I agree on every point there.

Oh and Wolf, how good is the pay in your career of admining? >.>

Poor, Fair, Decent, Good, Very good, Great, 'MOTHER FU**IN' AWESOME!' ?

Couple of things i need to make clear... - Gwynzer - 04-16-2006

Wolfpack98,Apr 16 2006, 01:14 PM Wrote:Do I hate him?  no.  hate is an awfully strong word.  There are very few people I hate, and each and every one of them has crossed/betrayed me in a very deep, personal way.

I completly agree with you with hate being a strong word. Too many people on Discovery say I Hate such-and-such. I find this really annoying as they probably on minorly dislike them.

Looking through the forum's, I have noticed Dab's...erm... personality flaws. I do not mean to be offensive in anyway. (Call it, Constructive Critisisim) You really do have a big ego man... You need to calm it and look at all the arguments which, you are part of, or have started, from different points of view - Every persons perspecivtve.

I belive that, although youself, Lance And Finus have had major disagreements in the past, you should just leave it there, start anew. With all this continuing on, look whats happned. They have left the server.

TWO people leaving because of ONE person? I dont think this is right. I think that you should all apologize to each other, and to everyone on Discovery for having to put up with your constant bickering and end it.

Wolfpack, I also totally agree with not being an Admin, and a roleplayer at the same time. I belive that all posts of yours that ive seen, have not been actively telling people to Cease fire in any way. And i would like to apologize, on behalf of those involved, For ruining a good day for you.

I will say this again, Dab, I do not mean to offend you in any way. I jsut want to post my views.

Couple of things i need to make clear... - [SF]Just_Josh - 04-16-2006

Wow, u made me cry when i read that, the best speech ive ever read, (u should win an emmy)

Couple of things i need to make clear... - Igiss - 04-16-2006

Ok, probably I should make a brief statement too about my attitude to all this.

Everyone makes mistakes. I do, Wolfpack does - those Dab-bashing talks get too extreme sometimes, and shutting down server to solve any problems just seems plain wrong to me. However, I agree with everything Wolfpack said here.

I see no reason why Finius and Lancer got so angry with Wolfpack, unless they really love Dab and felt insulted for him. But Finius said he hates both Dab and Wolf, so that's not the case. Did Finius and Lancer leave because other two server players, one of whom is an admin, have misunderstandings? Yes, seems to true, according to how they explained it. Is it logical? I don't think so. If it's all about Dab, why didn't he leave instead of these two? I know that many of you won't agree with me, but probably he (in spite of his ego, which everyone is talking about) has a right attitude and doesn't take all those Freelancer talks too personal.

Quote:Well, it was no secret finius hated dab and wolf orchastrated the AW/SF/TC war
I see no way how Wolfpack could orchestate the war. That would be even more illogical than what I was talking about before. Missingno if you can prove what you were talking about - do it, but I guess you cannot.

I don't think that anyone for whom Freelancer and this server is still interesting should be leaving because of all these misunderstandings. I guess we are not the worst admins by far, and all issues that arise on server or on forums can be solved peacefully one way or another. And if you do leave, don't leave those 'I hate...' and 'I'm not going to explain anything' posts. Seems like a way to draw cheap attention.

I hope that both Lancer and Finius will return, but if this return will be accompanied by another publicity campaign like "We still hate Dab and Wolf, but we return because everyone asked and we felt needed"... well, I'm not threatening to ban you or anything, just try to imagine how it would look like to me and other players. If you really hate someone so much for something that happened in the game or on this forum, it's you who "take FL too seriously"(using Lancer's words), not everyone else.