Discovery Gaming Community
Admin/Moderator Community Voting - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin/Moderator Community Voting (/showthread.php?tid=86667)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Admin/Moderator Community Voting - SnakThree - 09-03-2012

Voting for people who don't have a faction to lead.

Admin/Moderator Community Voting - Fifty. - 09-03-2012

Voted.
Good luck all. :cool:

Admin/Moderator Community Voting - oZoneRanger - 09-03-2012

The ONE with the most forum Alt accounts wins.....

Admin/Moderator Community Voting - Hell Hunter - 09-03-2012

' Wrote:The ONE with the most forum Alt accounts wins.....
... a ban.

Admin/Moderator Community Voting - Echo 7-7 - 09-03-2012

Didn't vote for the same person three times because there are three people I believe are worthy of my vote, and that voting three times for one person does not accurately reflect the portion of the community that wants a particular candidate to join the Administration/Moderation team.

Admin/Moderator Community Voting - Petitioner - 09-03-2012

' Wrote:...and that voting three times for one person does not accurately reflect the portion of the community that wants a particular candidate to join the Administration/Moderation team.

Not all of us are as noble as you are.:P

Admin/Moderator Community Voting - lw'nafh - 09-03-2012

' Wrote:Didn't vote for the same person three times because there are three people I believe are worthy of my vote, and that voting three times for one person does not accurately reflect the portion of the community that wants a particular candidate to join the Administration/Moderation team.
But it makes them look more popular, and that's the point.

After all, "We asked for a popularity contest."

Admin/Moderator Community Voting - Rodent - 09-03-2012

A few matters for consideration before voting.

Imho, being an admin is kind of like a part time job. It's dull, it's tiring, it's frustrating. You need time and patience to do a part time job you are not being paid for. Most admins that have been selected don't have the time, the patience, or the motivation. Hence you see what is essentially a 2 or 3 man show, with the rest of the admin team just kind of...hanging in there...anyways.

Choosing people you like is fine and dandy and all, but the problem with this list is, most people I feel are suited for the position don't really have the time to commit. Some people do have the time, but they don't necessarily have the motivation to just keep at it and not burn out after a couple of weeks, becoming another name on the board.

People you and I like don't necessarily make the best choices tbh. While the combination of traits is hard to get in an individual, what you certainly need is time, a certain form of recognition within the community that "ye, I know this guy/girl, they're around and playing and all" and the patience to deal with what is essentially a non paying job with only your motivation to carry you through.

I'll think on it some more before voting.

Admin/Moderator Community Voting - Mercarryn - 09-03-2012

' Wrote:I resent that comment,

I actually encouraged his application because I believe he has the mettle to handle people like yourself and I.

Look at his role in the community as Congress leader, putting up with everyone jumping down his throat.

Voted for who I voted for, Hawk included.

Best of luck to everyone!

<3 Widow

I second this. Though personally I had no interaction of any kind wth Hawk so far, from my point of view as outsider, he might be the best choice for it. Like Alte said, until now he could handle maters regarding congress really good from what I could see.
Something that will be of use for him as admin.
So, that is the reason why I voted twice for Hawk and once for Stygian (can I now haz ein OSI Nephilim?:crazy:)

Admin/Moderator Community Voting - Charos - 09-03-2012

I can't beat the Pokemon Championship with any combination of 3:(