Discovery Gaming Community
I need some help - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: I need some help (/showthread.php?tid=87)

I need some help - Elvalia - 08-02-2005

Hi guys, it's me again.

I'm having some problems right now staying in a non-vaporized form. I've been trying to do a trade run between Manchester and the Colorado system but every time I attempt to get to Coloardo I keep getting attacked by pirates. That wouldn't be quite so bad except everytime I try to run away with my cruise engines they fire cruise distrupters and I can't seem to dodge them. They are like practically immune to my countermeasures and they end up hitting me, which means I can't run which means I can't stay alive.

Does anyone have *any* suggestions about how to avoid those stupid cruise distrupter missiles? I've already lost $30,000 to those stupid pirates and I'm not interested in losing any more.

I need some help - Igiss - 08-02-2005

Fire multiple countermeasures when they launch rockets. It may take up to 10-20 cms to get rid of pirates. Also try to get a better countermeasure package. It is not cheap but will help you alot.

Also try to dock to trade lanes and jump gates precisely, e.g. fly on your thrusters right towards the place where you enter the lane. I don't even know why you may need cruise when flying a route with trade lanes.

I need some help - Elvalia - 08-02-2005

Actually, after giving it some thought, I don't need to dodge missiles. I've just decided to leave the game, it just isn't to my tastes. Thank you though to those who tried to help me in the past.

I need some help - Denier-of-Soup - 08-02-2005

-_-'

I need some help - Vic - 08-06-2005

Elvalia,Aug 2 2005, 09:01 AM Wrote:Actually, after giving it some thought, I don't need to dodge missiles. I've just decided to leave the game, it just isn't to my tastes. Thank you though to those who tried to help me in the past.
[snapback]1110[/snapback]
dont its a ffun game once you get the hang of it best thing to do is to kill your enguine as soon as they fire the disrupters just beofre they hit (Z) then enter cruise again

anyway thats not a good reason to leave what i did was go in my starflier to new berlin to sigma 13 to yangi base and buy rep for junkers once you do that everyone BUT xenos will <3 you

then run between yangi and berlin or berlin to tokyo or w/e you want to do

I need some help - Dab - 08-06-2005

Or you could go to new berlin and im sure somebody... would help you get a humpback freighter to start getting some real money.

I need some help - Elvalia - 08-07-2005

Thanks for trying to help guys but I've given up on freelancer, it just isn't my type of game. I'm just more of a Morrowind and a The Sims kind of a girl I think. :)

I need some help - Titus - 11-04-2005

Well, the way to get rid of pirates is to activvate the afterburner, cut the engines, and turn ur self with the face to the piraates. They will run and when they are enough far away (4k) turn around and activate crusie engines.