Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery needs more ''empty'' systems. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Discovery needs more ''empty'' systems. (/showthread.php?tid=87259)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Discovery needs more ''empty'' systems. - sindroms - 09-11-2012

Yes. Empty. You know why?

Because now we have POBs to settle them with.

This allows new groups to build their own systems for themselves and their allies. A good example are the OZ in Omicron Zeta. Three bases so far and they look damn well there. Add some random and small systems for people to get lost in.

And yes, I know. In before the old 'too many systems, not enough players' arguments.

Discovery needs more ''empty'' systems. - Jayce - 09-11-2012

Seconded.

Discovery needs more ''empty'' systems. - SparkyRailgun - 09-11-2012

This would be great if player bases had some variation.

Discovery needs more ''empty'' systems. - Jayce - 09-11-2012

' Wrote:This would be great if player bases had some variation.

I have to agree. Right now, POB's are just Cloak factories, essentially.

Discovery needs more ''empty'' systems. - Tachyon - 09-11-2012

Because it's much fun supplying a base, which is build in the middle of nowhere with no easy supply point, and has no other purpose than being there.

Discovery needs more ''empty'' systems. - kikatsu - 09-11-2012

I am all for more interesting systems that are worth visiting that exist outside of house space. As long as they are pretty and offer people a reason to go there for something...then again, being empty I guess that reason has to be made. Then again yes, we have very few players around this time and an awful lot of systems that see very little traffic.

Would be interesting to see, I mean it could bring exploration and colonization back to the edge worlds and omicrons.

Then again, there would not be much to do and the people supplying it would not be happy and neither would the devs for adding systems that would just be empty.

Discovery needs more ''empty'' systems. - Swallow - 09-11-2012

Remove Guard stuff from Guarded systems to the ordinary systems (See Hacker's hideout), use empty space for PBes.

Discovery needs more ''empty'' systems. - SnakThree - 09-11-2012

Deplete current mining spots. Add them to new systems so that player bases would be a must for monopolizing them.

Discovery needs more ''empty'' systems. - sindroms - 09-11-2012

' Wrote:Deplete current mining spots. Add them to new systems so that player bases would be a must for monopolizing them.

That...is a damn good idea, actually.
Add new empty systems to current house spaces and have them made independent. Add Platinum in Liberty, Gold in Bretonia, Silver, diamonds and such in Rheinland, make the systems chokepoints with no bases and no
protection apart your own guns.

Make those fields never run dry and boom.

Damn good idea, I must say.

Discovery needs more ''empty'' systems. - SnakThree - 09-11-2012

Not solely mine though. Jinx ran similar thread about systems for discovery. Max size, placement all over 3 axis or something I believe.

But my suggestion? Get a new engine.