Discovery Gaming Community
Nomad and Wild players - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Nomad and Wild players (/showthread.php?tid=87316)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Nomad and Wild players - Wraga - 09-12-2012

As far as I know, if somebody wanna join into these 2 factions, he need to impress some of them (or just offer his liver via skype).

The problem is the following: I'm perverted enough to give it a try, since I'm interested in that kind of roleplay, but there are no players.

Seriously.

I've tried to find a poor Wild player many times, but nothing. Nearly the same with the K'something guys.

Where are they?

Did I miss something?

Oh...an another thing. Why cant we join into these factions without personal impressions? I mean, what is the reason behind this "impress me" or "offer your liver via skype" stuff?

Experienced members needed here.

Thanks ya.

Nomad and Wild players - Swallow - 09-12-2012

I think - let them die as factions if they are not interested in fresh players...

Nomad and Wild players - Soul Reaper - 09-12-2012

Nomad RP differs from general RP.

Why? Why are they ''special''? Because they're not human.

Their ships do not have communication systems, they use telepathy to ''talk'' with the pilot or even the whole crew, and the human brain is too retarded to understand exactly what they're saying. So that's why they're special, you need to know what to type, and to give an idea or explain something in riddles. Not exactly, but you get my point.

It's an RP standard that they want to uphold in their factions, so they won't just pick up people by random and show them the ropes since people can do wrong things and mess up things really fast.

As for the liver part...well, money is money and they have to turn a profit in life too.

Nomad and Wild players - Soul Reaper - 09-12-2012

' Wrote:I think - let them die as factions if they are not interested in fresh players...

Oh so just because they're different they should die? Just because they don't want the general mass of players in their factions, they should die?

The sheer idiocy of that idea is one of the main reasons I don't deal with disco anymore, well, not that idea in particular, just the unshakable and unalterable idiocy.

Nomad and Wild players - Hell Hunter - 09-12-2012

I was a keeper before. Was fun. Even without pew and so.
I wouldn't mind as playing as nom again, thing is, I need to 'impress' their leader which is quite hard:P

The reaosn they're inactive cause they get shot 24/7 omicrons in inactive and frankly I wouldn't blame them. I really want to fly the assassin again, its fun.

Nomad and Wild players - Swallow - 09-12-2012

' Wrote:Oh so just because they're different they should die? Just because they don't want the general mass of players in their factions, they should die?

The sheer idiocy of that idea is one of the main reasons I don't deal with disco anymore, well, not that idea in particular, just the unshakable and unalterable idiocy.

You may or may not insult me, it is up to you and your temper.

If you want to know what I meant under my words, so here it is:
First of all - I find closed roleplay a bit inappropriate in our case. We are not talking about nomads or wilde with the same activity as LN or IMG, therefore no one was talking about "mass production". Actually those factions lack activity right now. Nomads and Wilde operate only near their homesystems, and quite rarely I managed to encounter them (Unlike their NPCs). Not to mention Kusarian wilde...

Those, lore-leveled factions, which are meant to be almost main elements of this game are nearly inactive, or, at least has their recruitment closed.
What if I claim LN being my "Special" faction, with special lore and rules I`ll make for it, so everyone not suiting me will be forced to quit?
Alien factions must attract new players who will bring seeds of their RP all over the gaming space, but not be closed pew-pew factions only.

Claiming I have made an idiocy statement about those factions being strict to newcomers only of their lack of effort to teach someone to their lore shows your attitude to the most of community, who are not privileged to be a member of those factions as (maybe) you are.

I`d let those factions die if they are monopolising NPC lore and not giving ability to anyone else to play it.

Nomad and Wild players - Wraga - 09-12-2012

' Wrote:Nomad RP differs from general RP.

Why? Why are they ''special''? Because they're not human.

Their ships do not have communication systems, they use telepathy to ''talk'' with the pilot or even the whole crew, and the human brain is too retarded to understand exactly what they're saying. So that's why they're special, you need to know what to type, and to give an idea or explain something in riddles. Not exactly, but you get my point.

It's an RP standard that they want to uphold in their factions, so they won't just pick up people by random and show them the ropes since people can do wrong things and mess up things really fast.

As for the liver part...well, money is money and they have to turn a profit in life too.

Ok, ok they arent the same. That isnt "human kind" roleplay, but this isnt enough for the restriction I think. Sure, they can pew anybody and they have to use "other kind of commmunication", but why is this "impression" restriction?

What is the problem with a formal process, while formal members could accept or ignore new ones? Its about the chance, since if a player dont have active relations with leaders of those groups, its nearly impossible to join in.

Or am I mistaken?

Nomad and Wild players - SparkyRailgun - 09-12-2012

Nomad RP would be great if we removed the ability to use the chat on all Nomad ships.

Nomad and Wild players - Ninefour - 09-12-2012

' Wrote:I think - let them die as factions if they are not interested in fresh players...

This.

or just make them an open faction like coalition was made.

Nomad and Wild players - henriking - 09-12-2012

Die Die Die Die my jelly darling if you dont want new players