Discovery Gaming Community
Server Status - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Server Status (/showthread.php?tid=8764)

Server Status - Darkstar - 05-24-2008

I havnt been playing Discovery for very long, about 2 weeks now to be exact, loving the mod so far, but the biggest problem i have come across is the amount of server downtime there is, is it possible to put a 'server status bar' somewhere on the site? this would stop the annoying habbit of starting FL to find that the server isnt there over and over and over. thank alot . :cool:

Server Status - Eppy - 05-24-2008

You know, some kind of server status banner's actually a really good idea. I'll second that.

Server Status - AaronP - 05-24-2008

So the server is down at the moment?
Well, yes. t would be great to have a place to check the server status. We poor Vista users never know if we can't connect because of our "OS" or because the server is down.

Server Status - Hugo - 05-24-2008

Well get rid of that beta system called Vis(Be)ta

Server Status - AaronP - 05-24-2008

' Wrote:So the server is down at the moment?
Well, yes. t would be great to have a place to check the server status. We poor Vista users never know if we can't connect because of our "OS" or because the server is down.
This is heavily off topic, but I can't help it: if I had money for the legal XP, I'd have it. But for now I have to stick to Vista which I already have. Non MS OS is out of question until someone teach me how to run FL on it:rolleyes:

Server Status - kingvaillant - 05-24-2008

I tend to use Xfire to see if the server is up,,,lets say that I have plenty of contacts playing the game, but a banner would be a good idea

Or

I use the web page showing all characters and ships online + their positions. When there is nothing showing on the web page the server is down

Server Status - Darkstar - 05-24-2008

xfire tends to permantly crash freelancer for me. only way i have found to resolve is complete reinstall of FL, not sure why it does this, must be because its an old game or something

Server Status - Screenlag - 06-09-2008

Yea, I hate logging onto freelancer just to find out the server is down!
Maybe you could have a status window up in the right corner so It would be refreshed everytime you looked at a new thread on the forums

Server Status - Teknikal - 06-09-2008

I ussually check this link to see if it's down it doesn't always seem to be perfect though but if it say's there are no players or doesnt change any in 5 minutes or so I know it's definetely down.

whose online

Server Status - OUTLAWJamie - 06-09-2008

so the reason i havent been able to acces the server for 3 hours since it crashed is because its down??

if so i guess ill stop PM'ing admins and ill just wait lol