Discovery Gaming Community
The K'Hara Rebellion - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The K'Hara Rebellion (/showthread.php?tid=87964)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

The K'Hara Rebellion - Alley - 09-23-2012

[Image: d6LYf.png]
The K'Hara Rebellion

- Background -

= The Origins =
Millions of years ago, The Daam K'Vosh created what the humans call now the Nomads. Three superentities were created, each with their specific role in order to assure a future for the Nomads.

Harbinger, the protector, now master of war.
Aurora, the scientist and creator.
Destiny, whom role has never been known, except from himself and the masters.

After Destiny left, sent on an unknown mission by the Daam K'Vosh, and the masters themselves left Sirius, leaving behind them the hypergate, Aurora and Harbinger found themselves facing a tough challenge: Survive, but also discover what is the meaning of their existence.

Many centuries later, the Nomads had expanded, not only in numbers, but in genetic diversity, new kind of Nomads emerging regulary. The Irra, The Voidrunner...

However this expansion was not answering the core question: why are we here ?

It was decided, in an effort to progress, to do what would be called later The Great Sleep.
The Great Sleep would essentially recall all the Nomads to the hives to physically sleep for two million years, while mentally linking themselves with all the others in the hive, the elders assuring the link with the other hives. In order to make nothing disturbs The Great Sleep, Harbinger and several guardians would stay awake, keeping a watchful eye on the hives.

But a Rheinland expedition arrived in a space it really shouldn't have arrived. The unsuspecting expedition wakes up a hive, captured by the local guardians. Harbinger learns about the arrival of the humans in Sirius, and takes over the hives one by one, slowly isolating Aurora away in an endless sleep.

The wrong move happened in 819 A.S. when the conflict with the Order escalated into a final assault of the Nomads, Harbinger using a weapon known as The Great Destroyer, to erase and change forever Toledo. What he didn't know, was that using this weapon would unload such an amount of energy that all the Nomads that were in range of it redirected a portion of this energy into the Mindshare, destroying all the bonds. Panicked, the Nomads turning crazy as they lost any notion of individuality over the years, Harbinger attempted to quickly recreate a new Mindshare, now known as the Mirrorshare.

Harbinger successfully managed to recapture most of the Nomads, however some refused, proved hostile, or simply vanished... But the collapse of the Mindshare also woke up someone he wish would never have... Aurora, and as it woke up... it was not a happy Nomad.

= Fragile Grounds =
later ! let's keep some surprises, yes?

- Stuff -

So essentially this post is here because some people wanted to know wtf is going on and give a summary of the current state of the story. Basically, this nomad rebellion is here to provide a different aspect of the Nomad roleplay which is not stuck around red is dead. At the same time, we're expanding some zones of the Nomad lore that weren't covered but also adding new stuff to give diversity to our roleplay which was, well, quite limited in it's previous form.

I've also decided to use this as a justification to simplify a tad the nomad communication style, but not too much. Many players complained that understanding nomad chat was difficult, which is right. So far the feedback has been positive about this simplification.

Please note that while the roleplay is a bit controlled to prevent it from going haywire, it's an open roleplay. Anyone with a morph can decide to hop in, however to use anything bigger than a morph it will be the same as the K'Hara process, this is still the K'Hara| faction, just consider it a branch roleplay. All official faction stuff applies and HuggieSunrise is still your faction leader. This isn't limited to Nomads only either, humans can join, it's just now not only limited to outcasts on Harbinger's side, as Aurora will be fairly more open to everyone, except cardi addicts.

Go ahead if you have questions.
This is not a nomad rant thread, if anyone starts complaining about activity or whatever thing that's not related to this post prepare to find yourself upside down in less than two minutes naked and thrown into a volcano.

The K'Hara Rebellion - Rodent - 09-23-2012

I like it, of course.

Being able to involve humans in Nomad RP is also a good step, which'll prompt creative minded people to come to the Nomads and build interesting roleplay on the side they wish to.

Good luck, you have my support.

The K'Hara Rebellion - Szpaku - 09-23-2012

Do i have to go trough all that apps to normal K'hara to join?
Because this thing is awesome

The K'Hara Rebellion - Hell Hunter - 09-23-2012

The logo looks like it has a nightfury from how to train your dragon, hah.
Also this is interesting...

The K'Hara Rebellion - Alley - 09-23-2012

' Wrote:Do i have to go trough all that apps to normal K'hara to joint this thing because its awesome

Well, this is still part of the K'Hara| official faction so you'll still have to go through the normal steps of application. Although, the requirements are not as difficult as people want you to believe.

Get a Nomad Morph with a trial id, get in touch with HuggieSunrise to join the morph skype chat and people will help you from here. I wouldn't recommend joining this side of the nomad roleplay directly as a first experience of nomad roleplay, because it's more difficult to manage. However we can still definitely meet ingame.

You can join it as a human character, which is much easier.

The K'Hara Rebellion - Wolfs Ghost - 09-23-2012

This has my support, looking forward to seeing developments that will likely involve Terrance Chamberlain.

The K'Hara Rebellion - SummerMcLovin - 09-23-2012

Sounds interesting from what I've heard about and seen.
Thomas Page would be interested in following on from his previous interactions with Aurora, so feel free to give me a shout. If we ever get Fallen Grace done, the Colonials might be an opportunity for further work against Harbinger; or at least we could work with the Order more and see how they react.

The K'Hara Rebellion - FallenKnight - 09-23-2012

Everything about that info is fine. The events mentioned on the story really happened and the nomads were acting strange and hostile to some of their own.
(That was revealed in New York - where we attacked Harbinger with the nom snubs we had in the vicinity of the system)
Several more encounters of nomads engaging nomads were done in order to represent their confusion after the Mindshare was broken.
After the creation of the Mirrorshare the nomads again were organised. Here comes the "but"

"But"
' Wrote:however some refused, proved hostile, or simply vanished... But the collapse of the Mindshare also woke up someone he wish would never have... Aurora, and as it woke up... it was not a happy Nomad.
That fits really well and can be used to explain why these new "nomads" will act more differently.
Something like the Nomads are a "House"(K'Hara) where so far there is only one faction - the standart nomads. By creating a second group of nomads, again for K'Hara (house) but with slightly different RP and possibilities the interest for the nomads may increase. I support that.

I have question about one thing which is clouded for me:
' Wrote:This isn't limited to Nomads only either, humans can join, it's just now not only limited to outcasts on Harbinger's side, as Aurora will be fairly more open to everyone, except cardi addicts.
What exactly means "humans can join" ? And how are you going to explain it? I hope its not something like a standart human speech coming out from lets say labraid or Irra:)
Here come more questions:
-How can humans join nomads? Is that going to mean they are wilders?
-Why would they join Wild. faction then, which RP primary Incubi inside humans aka wilde people?
-How exactly the RP of these humans are going to be implemented with the nomad RP? How will they commune with the others?
-What would be their ZOI and are they going to use same ID? (If the answer is "same ZOI and ID" then what will be their tag?)
-What will be Aurora's main goal? And is it going to attack humans like Harbinger?
-Considering the answers you can give on the questions above - Why would Aurora tolerate humans?

The K'Hara Rebellion - Daedric - 09-23-2012

I'm just curious, why doesn't Aurura like cardi addicts? I doubt all Outcasts would support Harbringer (not all Outcasts worship Nomads as great spirits), so logically some might turn to Aurura. Why no support for them?

The K'Hara Rebellion - SummerMcLovin - 09-23-2012

From what I understand of it, Aurora was supposed to be there to keep the Nomads in line when they woke up from the Great Sleep. However, since Harbinger was the only one around when they were awoken by humanity, it was his aggressive mentality that was prominent. The first Nomad War likely wouldn't have happened if Aurora was around at the time; so she's willing to work with humans to try and put things to what she believes they should be.