Discovery Gaming Community
Laging out With New Solid State Hard Drive - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Laging out With New Solid State Hard Drive (/showthread.php?tid=88017)

Laging out With New Solid State Hard Drive - Orca.Freelancer - 09-27-2012

Not sure is this should be posted here but here go.

few months ago i Got a new SSD "Soild state hard drive" and is really fast with modern Games and Windows7/xp ect

But i find i am having problems with Just Freelancer disco.
And i find when log on it works fine for about an 1 hour then i start lagging slow creep up from 2% lag to 5% then about 10mins gose to 50% then i get kicked and see my ping is about 1000 on the server list then gose right back to 40 ping.

I do not have any other problems on other online games Just freelancer

Things i have tried to solve the problem ,,,

Replacing the new SSD with a new SSD "same problem".

Reformating and reinstalling .

Turning of all power savers in Window's and Bios.

Installing freelancer to other part of SSD so dose not overwrite or use same part of SSD to make sure it not a memory Error.

But when i put old HDD back in it works fine. and running Freelancer from 2nD Hdd while using the SSD as main hard drive with window on it they is no problems as well.

The problem seem to be that the SSD maybe too fast for freelancer but i sure that can not be it.

I wonder if anyone has the same problems or has solved this problem with something i have over looked.

At this time i am running windows XP and i have tried with window 7 and has same problem

Edit: Also the main screen of freelancer discovery takes time to load up once i have lagged out but is back to normal if i turn of pc as restart has no effect. the Freelancer game it self the boxed edition works fine.

Thx for reading

RE: Laging out With New Solid State Hard Drive - captain_obvious - 09-27-2012

My disco is also installed on an SSD, and it works fine. However I don't think that the problem is connected to your drive, especially not for "it's too fast for freelancer" reason. BUT I suggest you to check your SSD status with Hard Disk Sentinel. Also reinstall the complete game (both the regulary FL and after that disco). I know it's kinda lame advice, but in most of the cases it works.

RE: Laging out With New Solid State Hard Drive - Orca.Freelancer - 09-27-2012

(09-27-2012, 08:23 PM)captain_obvious Wrote: My disco is also installed on an SSD, and it works fine. However I don't think that the problem is connected to your drive, especially not for "it's too fast for freelancer" reason. BUT I suggest you to check your SSD status with Hard Disk Sentinel. Also reinstall the complete game (both the regulary FL and after that disco). I know it's kinda lame advice, but in most of the cases it works.

Thx For Reply i have done this reinstall and even copyed the install from old Hdd "witch i know works fine" and even installed to other part of SSD to make sure that Disco is not installed on a "bad Block" on the SSD

The old game it self works fine.