Discovery Gaming Community
The Story of a Single Hogosha Pilot Trying to Discover the Secret of Gallic Artifacts - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: The Story of a Single Hogosha Pilot Trying to Discover the Secret of Gallic Artifacts (/showthread.php?tid=88027)

The Story of a Single Hogosha Pilot Trying to Discover the Secret of Gallic Artifacts - gonta - 09-27-2012

//Not sure it can be called a story...rather simple logs to help me gather my thoughts.
//It's kinda open RP. I dont request anything, but It would be curious for me to learn people find this RP valid enough, huh

The Private Logs of Hogosha Pilot Yamada Akiyoshi

So,
Day 1.
The very way of finding out that these artifacts exists looks incredibly mysterious and resembles rather some pulp-fiction, than a real story, but here we are - this story really happened. And this is how I got the hold of these 9 artifacts.

A casual Samura Big Dragon vessel marked 'Tengu' was having its daily routine run from Kusari to Liberty space. Kusari Space was incredibly quite today, and the Tengu pilot couldn't but gasp as his trade lane was disrupted by a Gallic armored transport, which didn't seem that friendly at all... Nevertheless, the day was pretty calm and surprised Samura pilot couldn't help but start a gentle and generally friendly discussion with a Gallic pirate... about the way and the reasons why would he do such a long and most probably difficult journey to such a quite and barely populated Kusari System as Shikoku. After doing a prior scan of a potential bandit the pilot couldn't help gasping for a second time - the scan showed a presence of a weird 'furry' inanimate items in the pirate's cargo hold. After a short bargaining the pilot and the pirate agreed on a trade - his, pilots, life (huh, implying he could wing a fight against such a properly well-armed vessel as Big Dragon) and - a mysterious artifact. The deal was done and Samura pilot was about to leave, as the pirate was suddenly approached and engaged by a BHG gunboat. The pirate got nearly no chance to survive the battle...so he dropped the rest of the mysterious artifacts...allowing the Tengu pilot to lift them up and leave the battlefield in haste.

He didn't proceed with his routine, smart guy, aint he? He called for his Hogosha friends instead and handed them those artifacts....hearing the last screaming of an unfortunate pirate who was just blowed up by a lucky bounty hunter. That's how me, Yamada Abe, got hold of these 9 artifacts.

Of course I could just hand them to my current boss, but luckily for me - I have none. I know nothing about my current route. The dead pirate, presumably, named Gallic Brigands as those who have a source of the artifacts. It sounds like a totally crazy idea...to try to infiltrate a serious crime syndicate...or to try to negotiate with them. Most likely these negotiations would fail, though, unless I manage to make our higher authorities more interested in this sort of negotiation. Anyway, my mission is a simple reconnaissance, as for now. I wonder how difficult would it be to go to Gallia space. Especially taking into account that Gallic Police seem to persecute this sort of a smuggle. Persecute harshly. I doubt they would even give me a chance to survive, if I get caught.

It's a pity I'm so distanced from Omicron Space now. I bet our Corsair friends would gladly give me a hand.

I'm hiding in Tau-23 now, at the IMG base. Perhaps not the best way to enter Gallia, but I bet that a ship moving to Gallia Space from Omicron Space wouldn't stay unnoticed. Besides, I wouldnt like the idea of meeting my good old Outcasts enemies in such a dangerous place as Omicron. The trip to Gallia doesn't sound like a safe one, but I better stay away from Omicron...and, anyway, who knows what would those corsairs be up to if the learn I have these, presumably, highly secret, artifacts?

I hope my good old Black Dragon 'Oyuki no maboroshi' is equiped properly for such a travel...though, maybe it could be a better idea to purchase a more armored ship for this trip? Anyway, I'm not going to engage anyone and I definitely hope to bribe my way out in case any problems of that sort would rise...

//P.S. Don't Freaking Spoil, I don't know anything about these artifacts yet Smile