Discovery Gaming Community
Trade Development Blog - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+--- Thread: Trade Development Blog (/showthread.php?tid=88081)

RE: Trade Development Blog - RicoValesquez - 04-10-2016

That's cool thanks for helping smugglers out with another option.

RE: Trade Development Blog - Tabris - 04-10-2016

I figured 'Why not?'. XD If there's any suggestions on more locations feel free to quip in.

RE: Trade Development Blog - Ayman - 04-11-2016

I am not a big fan of ore runs only mining. And I love and enjoy smuggling but to be honest the prices for smuggling runs is way too low that no one can depend on it to make money. It is not really fair specially for what I like to smuggle which is BMM's and cardamine. The ore runs is minimum x3 more while smuggling is more risky and longer way. Don't know in my opinion and you can agree or disagree with it, the prices should be raised to double what it is now. Speaking of what I like to smuggle is Cardamine and BMM's both kinds. I spent months and months in this Server smuggling when I came here new and all I could make is what I could make out of smuggling is nothing compared to what I can make with ore runs in one day. So it ended up smuggling just for fun and if I want to make money I have no other choice than ore... It doesn't sound right or even balanced, would be very nice if developers have this in considerations.

RE: Trade Development Blog - SnakThree - 04-11-2016

Ore trading requires an active participation of miner ship at one point. Then there's most likely PoB involved that is being supplied by others. And only then a trader can buy the ore to make great profit/time. So that is many layers of activity involved.

Smuggling on the other hand can be done at any time due to contraband being available at all times. Making it more profitable or at least equal to mining would make it best thing to trade and we would see a lot of ships around with contraband testing the patience of police while combat-docking on planets thus breaking rules over and over again. ( History lesson - cardamine buff event and junkers )

Smuggling contraband is ~50% more profitable than regular trading. It's already rather good.

RE: Trade Development Blog - nOmnomnOm - 04-14-2016

Hello Xoria,

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for your help in the Exotic Entertainers commodity.
I would like to ask though if there could be a correction now that the AFC ID is able to only buy it.

I have realized that the 1 hour decay rate is and will be severely effecting interaction and possibilities now that the commodity has been locked to the ID.
Other IDs when receiving the commodity cannot now refresh the decay rate by selling/buying it on a station.

This removes the ability for there to be long term contracts possible for players that would like to be using it for long periods of time for more than 1 hour.

Originally the intent was to simulate the time and what not. It was a cool idea for sure, though it now has it's issues that should be resolved for the benefit of others that want to use this commodity from our RP.

I would like to request that the decay rate would be removed from the commodity completely.
This would benefit everyone: Buyers / Pirates etc.

The AFC ID's lock essentially has replaced the decay feature and both of them together do not work.

Thank you for your time and efforts!

RE: Trade Development Blog - Laz - 04-16-2016

Hey!

First time posting here, since I tend to stay away from the economy.
So what i was thinking is that the Freeports and Freelancer bases, should be buying more general commodities.
I think this because they are a place where anyone can dock and thus should be sort of treated like a black market as such. I understand that to a degree they already do this but i was thinking it could be expanded upon.

To show what I mean i'll be using both Freeport 2 and Barrier Gate Station.
I'll start of with Barrier Gate with an example I found when doing some cargo piracy.

So we were in cortez and stole some Kyushu Rice. It sold for 1449 Credits on the Planet. Yet sold for the default of 100 on Barrier gate. Something like this could be made so it is sold for 1000 Credits or something? (My recommended prices might need adjusting given I know very little about discovery's Economy :P )

The general idea is that we make it so we can sell general cargo to these bases for less than what you can get from what is nearby.

Freeports work similar given that they already import loads of stuff. Yet there is still some missing.

(I edited the internal files to show everything that is Bought/Sold. The spoiler below will hurt your eyes ;) )
My idea simply is, make it so most commodities can be sold at freeports and freelancer bases for a lower price than a lawful base. This way people who play pirates can still sell their cargo here for a decent price if they happen to steal some that would got one system away.

RE: Trade Development Blog - Croft - 04-18-2016

I would like to propose a series of changes to the passenger commodities to allow for a greater variety of routes whilst maintaining the established A->B->C->A standard.

The Idea
As the Kusari update draws near and the Mackinac's repositioning along with it I felt it a good time to address an issue brought up by my members time and again, diversity in passenger routes.
Although OS&C have functional routes at the moment many of them contain luxury items that are ill-fitting of RP when stocked en mass onto Liners, things such as alcohol, furs, food and tea. As you can imagine trying to explain why a luxury liner is filled to the brim with furs is a difficult sell at the best of times, doing so while trying to maintain character is often a groan inducing experience to the extent that the entire roster of OSC has cut anyway any routes that are not passenger only, leaving their options extremely limited.

The Proposal
I propose a reworking of the passenger route system that allows a greater variety in routes without creating excess commodities or radical alterations by using strategically placing the current passenger commodities on planets that previously sold Vacationers and utilising pre-existing sell points. Below is a simplified version of what the changes would result in.
*Not displayed - Malta and Crete, both of which keep their inbound passengers with Malta losing its Vacationer buy point.

Changes
Removals
VIP’s from Golden Dragon and Hawaii.
Vacationers from Denver, Malta, Stuttgart, Holstein, Houston, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles,, New Tokyo, New London and Cambridge.
Passengers_li to Denver
Passengers to Hamburg
Passengers to Grand Vista

Additions
VIP’s to Denver
Passengers to New London
Passengers_br to New Tokyo
Vacationers to Manhattan
Tourists to New Berlin

Connections
Passengers_rh to Manhattan
Passengers_ku to Curacao and Baden Baden
Passengers to the Mackinac, New Tokyo and Denver
Tourists to Denver
Vacationers to Mackinac

Spreadsheet of Connections and Times

Reasoning
  • Relocating VIPs
    These are our big ticket item, unfortunately they happen to be sold on the base of the Hogosha who according to the Mackinac's infocard actively extort the liner for protection money, an odd pairing to say the least. By moving the VIPs to Denver, a planet known for its weathly upper class, it allows us a much more lore friendly destination in addition to allowing for a greater variety of routes.
    I have discussed this with WPeregrine and the Hogosha who have kindly granted permission for this change to take place, I'd liked to of placed another commodity in the VIPs place but felt it best left to the decision of the Hogosha faction themselves.

• Removal of Vacationers
    Lots of places to buy, only two places to sell. Vacationers made up the bulk of the passenger routes selling from no less than 14 planets spread throughout the sector yet only bought at the Hawaii and Shetland giving very little in terms of variety. In this proposal the number is cut down to a modest 3 planets, Manhattan, Hamburg and Crete, opening the use of other passengers commodities to create more diversity.

• Malta and Crete
    The reasoning for removing outbound vacationers from Malta is an obvious one, anyone staying on Malta would be dosed with huge amounts of Cardamine either becoming a fully fledged Outcast or in the least developing an addiction. The inbound passengers remain unchanged as I can imagine quite a few possibilities for the Outcasts to proceed with their insideous Orange Dream by luring unsuspecting passengers to their home.
    Crete's status remains unchanged for both simplicity and for the sake RP possibilities, who knows how the Corsair Empire will expand its revenues.

• Lack of Freeports/Passengers_bw
    This was done intentionally as the passengers_bw is sold at almost every freeport and in many cases does not generate a profit large enough to be considered viable cargo. The buy and sell points remain untouched in this proposal, however with the removal of vacationers from so many planets finding a connection to the larger passenger network may prove troublesome.

Conclusion
In summary, this proposal was meant to accomplish one thing, to make passenger trading more fun by giving greater option in route and destination. I have attempted to be as thorough as I can in the design without creating an over-complicated tangle in the hopes that the goal is not overshadowed by the method and would welcome any changes that lead to greater variety for those of us who move passengers.

Thank you for your time.

RE: Trade Development Blog - Tabris - 04-23-2016

Updated the Volgograd Ordinance with a Kusari point due to recent developments with the Dragons.

RE: Trade Development Blog - Impyness - 04-24-2016

While I understand the logic behind it, would it be possible to either have the Reinforced Alloy sellpoint on the Zoner base in Pennsylvania moved to the Junker base in the system, or an additional one added to it? The Junker base in Texas is also another possible choice. I bring this up because currently there isn't really a good sellpoint for unlawfuls in Liberty.

The Zoner base is right next to the lanes and that base actually does have Liberty capital / gunboat patrols near it.

RE: Trade Development Blog - Lythrilux - 04-28-2016

I added Planet Tomioka as sell points for VROOMs and ARMs in accordance to recent RP, Xoria.