Discovery Gaming Community
To: The Colonial Republic - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The Colonial Republic (/showthread.php?tid=88198)

To: The Colonial Republic - Echo-6 - 10-01-2012

(The vid-screen shows a darkened room. There is signs of a man sitting in the centre of the screen, but it is too dark to make anything out. Furthermore, the audio has been altered to mask his voice)

Greetings. I am the pilot of Echo-6.

I am contacting you today in regards to a personal inquiry. I am not asking for technology, nor for any equipment, merely for some... information.

As you might be aware, I am a veteran of the stars, and my recent activities in space were not my first. What you might not be aware of is what sectors of space I was more familiar with.

You see, I am a well-versed veteran of the Taus, specifically the 23-37 region, around the same time that you and your pilots were operating out of Java and 44.

I am just... curious... as to whether or not any of the pilots I saw frequent that space are still around, and felt that just coming out and asking would be the best idea. In particular, there are two pilots I am interested in finding out about, both Colonial veterans.

The first is Kaze Dagon, and the other Ba'al Atreides. I saw these two often in 23, and I would like to know if they're still around. Perhaps get a reunion going or something.

I realise that this information might be classified, and if you can't reveal any information I will understand. As I said, it is mere curiousity that I ask, no pressing reasons or anything.

I await your reply. Echo-6, out.

RE: To: The Colonial Republic - Petitioner - 10-02-2012

[Image: Emily%20Haines%20TB.png]

Greetings, pilot of the Echo-6. I am Emily Haines, general secretary of the Colonial Cabinet, and your message has been delegated to myself. To be honest, I don't even know why I'm responding to you. Do picture the scenario from our end momentarily. I am a representative of a house's government, and all its people - you provide me with one of the most generic-sounding callsigns to ever curse the airwaves as the only form of identification regarding yourself, and request information on two operatives of our military, whose names, like those of all other citizens, have no real business being spoken by outsiders. Think of how insulting that is to the standard of security we hold ourselves to, mister - or missus - "pilot of the Echo-6".

However, the fact you know who these two individuals are does actually pique my curiosity. Give some more documentation about yourself - house of origin, real name or at least some unique alias, et cetera - and maybe I'll dig up their files for you. Until you're prepared to say who I'd be divulging their information to, however, don't bother asking again.

RE: To: The Colonial Republic - Echo-6 - 10-03-2012

Fair enough. I can oblige with those terms

(There is a clap. The lights turn on)
[Image: identityx.png]

RE: To: The Colonial Republic - Sebastian Wolfe - 10-03-2012

Lt. Sebastian Wolfe, formerly of the 44th Regiment of the Colonial Remnant.

That proof enough, ma'am?
[/quote]

RE: To: The Colonial Republic - Petitioner - 10-03-2012

Proof enough indeed. I'm curious as to what you've done with yourself, as our records regarding yourself seem rather... hazy - likely they were misplaced during the power vacuum. Nonetheless, I'll tell you the information that I have.

Ex-Commander Dagon vanished, presumably to Liberty, some time ago. We've heard rumors she was working as a mercenary for some pirate group, but there's no confirmation on that. Succinctly, no, she isn't around. As for Ba'al Atreides, we have no information regarding such an individual. If he wasn't particularly important, though, that is understandable - he may be KIA. You can try sending a message to whatever contacts you may have within the military's ranks itself - embarrassing as it may be, it's hardly a secret at this point that a small portion of the Republic's forces, primarily composed of what one could call the "old guard," have decided to remain loyal to the Rogue Admiral Warlords, including Admiral Terrance Westridge, amongst others. They're calling themselves The Vanguard. If this Ba'al Atreides is a veteran, like you say, and we have no records of him, he's probably with them.

So that's not much, but maybe it helps. I doubt you'll be getting your reunion any time soon, though. If you're interested in coming back to the Republic, though, we can always use another good man in a Nyx. Maybe you'll think about it.

RE: To: The Colonial Republic - Sebastian Wolfe - 10-04-2012

Thank you. All I've been seeing in my time back has been new faces. I was just looking for someone familiar.

I'm currently working as a freighter at the moment. Maybe later I'll take up your offer for that Nyx though. That being said, in the meantime I'd be more than happy to haul a thing or two to New Hope every so often if you need it.

Wolfe out.

RE: To: The Colonial Republic - Atreides2 - 10-09-2012

*****Incoming Transmission*****
*****Source: Coronado, Relay station 11 on Planet Pecos*****

This is Paul "Baal" Atreides. Good to see you Wolfe. I am still here , alive and kicking... I am a bit restrained with my research but other then that i am alive.

As this person from the Goverment said , i am with the amirals. You know that as a true Crayterian i will forever be for the good ol' ways.
Figting this goverment with the best of my capabilities is what i do. I am around Coronado and among the people trying to make them see that this is an iligite goverment.

And dear Emily Haines , maybe that if your people would not had destroyed parts of the Colonial Archives , thanks the gods that our battleships have copies of it , you would know who i am.

I am President Paul Atreides , Ex Consul of the Colonial Republic , Commander of the 53rd Squadron , Acting CAG for the 44th , CIS operative , Commander of the 88th group , Pilot and warrior older then you and much of your so called goverment.

The admirals in the Vanguard are , if not as good then i , they are even better. They are all heroes that wants to save their home but without so much of the paper work that would keep us occupied and cannot focus on the enemies.

Anyway , Wolfe , if you want to sign in the Real Fleet , you can come. Leave a message on Pecos and i will find you. A CIS operative knows many glitches of the system (smile)

****End of Transmission****

RE: To: The Colonial Republic - Sebastian Wolfe - 10-09-2012

Ba'al! Nice to see a familiar face around.

I'm content with earning my money hauling goods for the time being. That being said, when I eventually find myself bored from moving these goods around, I might just throw my lot in with you guys again.

I've learnt the location of your carrier up in 39 from some of the IMG contacts I met last time I swung through Java. Even went there once to see if you guys needed something shipped. I'll let you know if and when I take up arms for the Republic again.

It's a shame Kaze has dropped off the radar, though.

Wolfe out.

RE: To: The Colonial Republic - Petitioner - 10-09-2012

I'd certainly contest the notion that members of the Connors administration willfully destroyed Republic records, "President" Atreides. Your claims of rank are dubious at best. Regardless, if your message serves as a declaration of hostility to the Republic's legitimate forces, I hardly think your ragtag bunch of traitors, rebels, and hoodlums can stand against the Republic's forces. The Republic will treat your group - if it can even be called as such - as it always has, however; as lost brothers. I personally urge you to give up your childish crusade for... whatever it is you're crusading for ...and come home, although I doubt you'll listen to me.

Lieutenant Wolfe, don't throw your lot in with this group. They may have some of your old war buddies among them, but they can't go on like this for long. Come home. Serve the Republic's people as you once did, not some fleeting ideals of camaraderie and vengeance. Make the right choice.

RE: To: The Colonial Republic - Atreides2 - 10-12-2012

*****Incoming Transmission*****
*****Source: Coronado, Relay station 11 on Planet Pecos*****

We know better amigo about what happened in the Republic. I have been a soldier before you were even born. I am a Crayterian. And our Bunch is still looking over the Republic but in our own way. We need something , we must use force. For that We have the Fleet.

And check your stats amigo. I have been and done more things then you can remember. Ask Kaze or the Admirals , if any of them are still from the good ol' days.

*****Transmission Terminated*****