Discovery Gaming Community
Building the Liquor Cabinet - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Building the Liquor Cabinet (/showthread.php?tid=88262)

Building the Liquor Cabinet - Haphestus - 10-02-2012

Building the Liquor Cabinet,
The Logs of Josephine "Josie" Alibrandi
-----
Log #01A
15/9/819 A.S.
-----
Heeeeeey Log-Diary-Journal-Thing,
I'm starting up this little log thing to help me chronicle my life through this weird transitional time for me. So i went from being a Naval Lieutenant Commander to Head of Engineering at DSE in a week. I'm just going to say this, Civilian life feels weird as hell. I mean its weird enough i went from being aboard a Logistics ship filled with LNMC ground pounders to becoming an executive at one of the biggest companies in Liberty. strangest thing is that it was a job offer. Why didn't they offer it to Jorzza or Polstari, well then again i know Jorzza would never accept it. For as long as we have been friends we have always been kinda connected, I guess hes my constant or something. Well i know he would never abandon the Apes. I do miss him though. Hes always been there for me and me the same. Not to mention it feels weird without the sound of the engines running when i sleep, or the feel of 0.85 gravity.

It was funny when i stepped into the Deep Space Engineering building on Manhattan though. I rock up in my Raven's Talon which i haven't flown in years. i walk into this entrance-foyer-rotunda-thing and i set of ALL the weapon detectors. Lets see there was my .45 at my waist, my .25 pocket pistol, my K-Bar as well, my twin .40s at my arm pits and a little pocket knife disguised as a dog tag. OH and then there was the laser compact Sub Machine Gun in my bag. Yeah they thought i was going in there to wage a galactic war or something. I think it was bad enough my talon had chain guns on it. He he good times. So anyway i gotta get some sleep. apparently DSE has this station or something. But until then, Nap Time!

//Log ends

RE: Building the Liquor Cabinet - Haphestus - 10-07-2012

-----
Log #02A
18/9/819 A.S.
-----
So I've arrived at the DSE space station, its pretty hoopie. The cafeteria has billiards tables and a pool. I guess this is what going corporate is. Best part about it is that there's an open bar and it serves alcohol at any and all times. I'm still meeting people around the place. So far everyone seems nice although i think I'm a bit abrasive. Some of the security guards are Marines, I'm not going to say Ex-Marine. There's no such thing as a Ex-Marine. I'm going to have to get a pet project or something to work on, things are too perfect around here. No loose paneling or faulty systems for me to tinker on around here. I reckon i could have some fun via a bit of mischief. Maybe some paintball sniping. There's a spot up in the supports for the cafeteria/billiards/pool room that has a nice view over things and its over the pool so i can just dive bomb from there. I should get a hammock. Hammocks are comfortable.

As for everything else the office seems nice but i don't imagine i will be spending a lot of time behind it. I talked to Jo-Jo this morning and says things ain't the same without me. Same here it feels different but this is a new page in my life so i guess I'll get used to it. Not sure what to do with my dog tags. I haven't taken them off in eight years, now that i don't need them they have sorta become apart of my persona. Well I'm gonna go hit the pistol range, its quite therapeutic for me, Although i think the shrinks would have a fit if i told them that.

//Log ends