Discovery Gaming Community
Piracy and ship size - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Piracy and ship size (/showthread.php?tid=88380)

Pages: 1 2

Piracy and ship size - Olimer.Sharp - 10-05-2012

Would it be reasonable to demand 2 million from a transport (1K) as you would from a much larger ship?

Actually... are there any non-RP rules to how much you can pirate for anyway?

RE: Piracy and ship size - Ursus - 10-05-2012

Kind of depends on the situation and the parties involved, but the only hard and fast rule is that demands have to be restrained to something that can be complied with. If a pirate demands something that is completely unreasonable (like 500 million from a Camara freighter) hoping that the target wont comply, then that is probably PVP abuse, but it may not be depending on the situation.

RE: Piracy and ship size - Corsair - 10-05-2012

That's a question that's been around forever. Most pirates need to keep PvP rules in mind, as well as 0.0, which says 'be excellent to one another'

2 million is a bit steep for a 1k transport, but not against the rules. People like that tend to be in piracy for making money and PvP, rather than roleplay. My pirate is insane (he worships a worm living in his foot) and tends to demand 50,000 credits and a few strands of hair.

It's all dependent on the pirate.

RE: Piracy and ship size - Govedo13 - 10-05-2012

Depends of the cargo. If you haul water it is not reasonable because water costs 100k at the sell point if you for example haul 1k ores that sells for 10m at the end sell point 2 m is nothing. You can call demand unreasonable if the demand is bigger then the best selling price.
I guess my best demands that got fulfilled were around 150-200m for barges full of ores from ship piracy.
My best base/group piracy fulfilled demands were more then couple of billions via monthly payments- like 200-500m per month not to harass some group or not to blow their base etc.

RE: Piracy and ship size - Pavel - 10-05-2012

(05-12-2012, 11:44 AM)Cannon Wrote: (...)

2) It depends on the situation and as always will be considered on a case by case basis. A good guideline is no more than 1/3 the value of the cargo. Keep in mind:
Quote:0.0 Be excellent to one another. Consider the people around you. Keep fair play in mind. It's a game and nothing is gained, or lost, save the experience. Credits can be re-earned. Ammunition replenished. If you become infuriated step away. If you make a mistake apologize. If you wish to remain in system after you die, or after someone has moved away, simply ask.
and
Quote:1.2 Server administrators will impose sanctions on players for violating server rules and for any actions that harm server gameplay.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=80094&pid=101190#pid101190

RE: Piracy and ship size - Hone - 10-05-2012

Reminds me of spazzy.

(04-22-2012, 01:50 PM)sindroms Wrote: [Image: a5Wu8.png]

RE: Piracy and ship size - Olimer.Sharp - 10-05-2012

Alright, thanks for answering. Looks like hauling ore when short on cash isn't a very good idea...

Pirate 1: 2milordie!
Trader: Kay, here.
Pirate 1: kthxbai

3 seconds after pirate 1 leaves...

Pirate 2: 2milordie!
Trader: Uh oh.

By the way, quick question: Is it alright for me and a friend to fill up both of our transports if I have a miner and give him the ore, allowing him to give it to my character, then filling up my friend again?

RE: Piracy and ship size - Ursus - 10-05-2012

(10-05-2012, 03:23 AM)Olimer.Sharp Wrote: By the way, quick question: Is it alright for me and a friend to fill up both of our transports if I have a miner and give him the ore, allowing him to give it to my character, then filling up my friend again?
yup

RE: Piracy and ship size - Hone - 10-05-2012

Its encouraged.

RE: Piracy and ship size - Quorg - 10-05-2012

(10-05-2012, 03:23 AM)Olimer.Sharp Wrote: Alright, thanks for answering. Looks like hauling ore when short on cash isn't a very good idea...

Pirate 1: 2milordie!
Trader: Kay, here.
Pirate 1: kthxbai

3 seconds after pirate 1 leaves...

Pirate 2: 2milordie!
Trader: Uh oh.

By the way, quick question: Is it alright for me and a friend to fill up both of our transports if I have a miner and give him the ore, allowing him to give it to my character, then filling up my friend again?

Or you learn how to get good at escaping.

Try spending a hundred hours or so running Cardamine in a Stork and you'll see what I mean.