Discovery Gaming Community
Problems and questions about the new forums. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Problems and questions about the new forums. (/showthread.php?tid=88418)

Problems and questions about the new forums. - Hone - 10-05-2012

1: Often when you click n the last page of a thread, in its pagelist; it will come up with a message saying "No such page Exists" This can make it very hard to get to the latest posts.

2: Polls seem to only have 1 question available, this will make many polls impossible.

3: Some people have said they can use Blue Solution with the new forums, is this possible?

RE: Problems and questions about the new forums. - Marburg - 10-06-2012

(10-05-2012, 11:43 PM)Hone Wrote: 1: Often when you click n the last page of a thread, in its pagelist; it will come up with a message saying "No such page Exists" This can make it very hard to get to the latest posts. It's not hard at all...when looking at a thread row, if you get that error, go back & click "Last Post" in the last post column

2: Polls seem to only have 1 question available, this will make many polls impossible. I've seen a new poll or two with more than a single option so far, so there seems to be nothing impossible about them.

3: Some people have said they can use Blue Solution with the new forums, is this possible? :Confusedhrug:: go to your 'User CP' & begin to monkey around with your settings. That's where you change skins

I'm not saying this specifically to you, but in general to everyone:

I know the new digs are an adjustment that's hard to get used to, but if people would simply get off their asses & poke around the board a little bit to learn what it can do before assuming there's a problem, there wouldn't be so many threads like these

RE: Problems and questions about the new forums. - jammi - 10-06-2012

Blue Solution doesn't exist on this board format, but there is a grey lookalike that you can use. Take Marbug's advice and poke around in the UserCP option on the top right of your screen.

RE: Problems and questions about the new forums. - Hone - 10-06-2012

(10-06-2012, 12:10 AM)Marburg Wrote:
(10-05-2012, 11:43 PM)Hone Wrote: 1: Often when you click n the last page of a thread, in its pagelist; it will come up with a message saying "No such page Exists" This can make it very hard to get to the latest posts. It's not hard at all...when looking at a thread row, if you get that error, go back & click "Last Post" in the last post column

2: Polls seem to only have 1 question available, this will make many polls impossible. I've seen a new poll or two with more than a single option so far, so there seems to be nothing impossible about them.

3: Some people have said they can use Blue Solution with the new forums, is this possible? :Confusedhrug:: go to your 'User CP' & begin to monkey around with your settings. That's where you change skins

I'm not saying this specifically to you, but in general to everyone:

I know the new digs are an adjustment that's hard to get used to, but if people would simply get off their asses & poke around the board a little bit to learn what it can do before assuming there's a problem, there wouldn't be so many threads like these

I know its a work in progress, hopefully pointing out problems will help the work progress faster!

Thanks for pointing out the last post thing.

Polls can have 10 options, but I cant find a way to give them more than one QUESTION, as I said. Can you?

Im using the grey one, but someone said they could use Blue, I can only find the white one, and the grey one.

RE: Problems and questions about the new forums. - Marburg - 10-06-2012

(10-06-2012, 01:25 AM)Hone Wrote: Polls can have 10 options, but I cant find a way to give them more than one QUESTION, as I said. Can you?
Not sure. Never tried. I'll let you know what I find out by simply giving it a shot. If I can't, I'll come back here & say so & if I can, I'll come back & say it's indeed possible & leave it to you to Forest Gump your way through it on your own.

That's fair nuff methinks

::edit- Ok, I got off my ass & did some simple legwork & the answer to your question is "no" ...seems locked into one question per poll for the foreseeable future. It might seem like a downer for some, but I clicked on the 'mybb' link on the bottom of the page & also learned that poll votes can be changed by the voter after the initial vote...that's kinda cool for those that like to think they're useful...anyway, point is, the cornucopia of info on the mybb page cannot be understated & should be read by all::

RE: Problems and questions about the new forums. - Hone - 10-12-2012

Hmmm. Do we still have the search options from before? I see the "search thread" option, and there's just the general search at the top. But can we do stuff like search by username, search a specific forum, search by thread title only, ect. That we could d with the old forums?

RE: Problems and questions about the new forums. - SparkyRailgun - 10-12-2012

http://discoverygc.com/forums/search.php

RE: Problems and questions about the new forums. - Hone - 12-01-2012

Two things:

First; thanks for getting an advanced search, 2nd, could we have back that old feature whereby when you went to advanced search, it would automatically select the subforum you came from, so you didnt have to manually find and select in the list? Minor I know but itd be appreciated.

2nd: I see there are new skins, but still none like the old blue one, how come?

RE: Problems and questions about the new forums. - Duvelske - 12-01-2012

True some of these problems would be nice to have it fixed.

RE: Problems and questions about the new forums. - Hone - 12-02-2012

hyperlinks embedded in text dont seem to show up any more, so you cant tell if theyr there without mousing over every word. Please change it back.