Discovery Gaming Community
Offending/Abusing Players. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Offending/Abusing Players. (/showthread.php?tid=88992)

Pages: 1 2 3

Offending/Abusing Players. - Zen_Mechanics - 10-20-2012

2 images, showing a fraction of what I've been told.
Edite : Will post the images in the right place.

I will not tolerate such language, "Moron, Fool, Intimidating players, Offending players. Ill try to post this in the right section when I have time, but if any mods are here, if it isn't too much to ask.. attach it to the right place.
Thank's in advance.

RE: Offending/Abusing Players. - Ichiru - 10-20-2012

You're supposed to file it in the rule violations section, where it isn't visible to other players. Otherwise, this is trial by forum Shy

RE: Offending/Abusing Players. - JayDee Kasane - 10-20-2012

Am I alone who dont see much of offending in there? Exept one bad word, its all inRP.

RE: Offending/Abusing Players. - Zen_Mechanics - 10-20-2012

(10-20-2012, 10:25 AM)Desiretoconquer Wrote: 2 images, showing a fraction of what I've been told.

*Links removed* No trial by forum please - Hawk

I will not tolerate such language, Ill try to post this in the right section when I have time, but if any mods are here, if it isn't too much to ask.. attach it to the right place.
Sorry if it isn't the right place, but I would also like people to write their opinions
Thank's in advance.

(10-20-2012, 10:39 AM)JayDee Wrote: Am I alone who dont see much of offending in there? Exept one bad word, its all inRP.

Oh you mean, "Fool, Moron" which he repeatdly mentions?
I bet if the admins check the logs, they'll find even more.
Maybe I should also add here " moron" does it sound positive and good?
The way you get things is you'rs only, others have different view points and in general, u don't call people "Morons" or Fools" Or telling them how "dady forgot his son".

RE: Offending/Abusing Players. - Mímir - 10-20-2012

I don't see anything wrong. The PM's aren't exactly nice, but it's difficult to see who started it - for all I know you might as well have played a part in it as well. Anyways, you should post here:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44

And follow the template if you think a rule has been broken. It takes some time to fill it out correctly, and you need to supply the admins with all the evidence they need in form of screenshots and so on.

If this is what you got, I wouldn't bother with it.

Also you should remove those images you uploaded above before an admin or mod comes by and slaps your wrist for it.

(10-20-2012, 10:46 AM)Mímir Wrote: I don't see anything wrong. The PM's aren't exactly nice, but it's difficult to see who started it - for all I know you might as well have played a part in it as well. Anyways, you should post here:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44

And follow the template if you think a rule has been broken. It takes some time to fill it out correctly, and you need to supply the admins with all the evidence they need in form of screenshots and so on.

If this is what you got, I wouldn't bother with it.

He killed my friend, which was Okay according to RP.
I went there to pay him back a "tribute" ( I told him : You better run, Im going to hunt you down!" , on my way there he started telling me that Im a moron, Fool, he intimidated me and so on.
I asked him to speak nicley and keep his language clean, but he didn't listen.
If the admins want to test my "theory" they are more than welcomed to check the logs.

(10-20-2012, 10:25 AM)Desiretoconquer Wrote: 2 images, showing a fraction of what I've been told.
Edited : Will post them in the right place.

I will not tolerate such language, "Moron, Fool, Intimidating players, Offending players. Ill try to post this in the right section when I have time, but if any mods are here, if it isn't too much to ask.. attach it to the right place.
Thank's in advance.

RE: Offending/Abusing Players. - Ichiru - 10-20-2012

You do have to realise that he was insulting your -character- and not you as a player yourself.

(10-20-2012, 11:03 AM)ichiru Wrote: You do have to realise that he was insulting your -character- and not you as a player yourself.

Ah, okay, Ill find u and ill send u these words as well, as it is okay then.
Thank you for the information.

RE: Offending/Abusing Players. - Mímir - 10-20-2012

Personally I don't think its ok either, and I do think the "rp" is getting a little too personal here, but you gotta remember its a relatively small community with a small voluntary admin team. That means - as I see it - only players who clearly and without a shred of doubt violate rules get sanctioned.

The form is pretty complex too, it takes some time to fill in. I guess its sort of a test of your commitment.

So you got to ask yourself, is this worth getting upset about and spending 20-30 minutes to fill out a sanction report for?*

If I was you I would just undock another ship on the other side of Sirius and let it go, avoid him or kill him next time I see him, or get some mercs to do it (all in good sport).

*They need to follow the template exactly, or they won't even get processed.

(10-20-2012, 11:17 AM)Mímir Wrote: Personally I don't think its ok either, and I do think the "rp" is getting a little too personal here, but you gotta remember its a relatively small community with a small voluntary admin team. That means - as I see it - only players who clearly and without a shred of doubt violate rules get sanctioned.

The form is pretty complex too, it takes some time to fill in. I guess its sort of a test of your commitment.

So you got to ask yourself, is this worth getting upset about and spending 20-30 minutes to fill out a sanction report for?*

If I was you I would just undock another ship on the other side of Sirius and let it go, avoid him or kill him next time I see him, or get some mercs to do it (all in good sport).

*They need to follow the template exactly, or they won't even get processed.

I don't feel upset, and I do think its a waste of time, but somebody has to do something about it.
Rules should be enforced, And if theres no such rule, make one.
This community begins to boil.