Discovery Gaming Community
RM. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: RM. (/showthread.php?tid=8908)

Pages: 1 2

RM. - n00bl3t - 05-29-2008

Who is the leader of the RM?

What is their capital ship policy?

Thank you.

RM. - Praetyre - 05-29-2008

The commander-in-chief of the Rheinwehr is Gottkanzler Niklaus Rheinhardt (Virus), along with 2 Generalfeldmarshalls in the Rheinheer and Grosseadmirals Krieg (Kane) and Hiltraud Kaiser (Caylith) in the Kriegsmarine.

Currently, Kriegsmarine policy on capital (or most modern snub) ships is that they are only given out to officers of respective ranks, and are not available to the public.

RM. - tk9780 - 05-29-2008

So much for posting saying if a player wants RP as a member of the Rhineland Military then the RM would try and work closely with them.
Nope cant see anything in the Discovery public server rules about player factions been able to control who purchases what ship!
If a player can afford 1,000,000,000,000 credits to purchase a Battle ship + Licence they should in theory have a vast experience of Role-Playing on the Discovery server.
May be in the next version of Discovery ship / weapon types unique and specialized will only be on sale within the guard systems.

RM. - kacijon - 05-29-2008

Lol Where you found so much money. BS + license is 900,000,000

RM. - mjolnir - 05-29-2008

he is allowed to buy it according to server rules.... but RM might declare him hostile.

I have not made that policy I'm just following orders. Talk to people who made it.

RM. - tfmachad - 05-29-2008

' Wrote:So much for posting saying if a player wants RP as a member of the Rhineland Military then the RM would try and work closely with them.
Nope can’t see anything in the Discovery public server rules about player factions been able to control who purchases what ship!
If a player can afford 1,000,000,000,000 credits to purchase a Battle ship + Licence they should in theory have a vast experience of Role-Playing on the Discovery server.
May be in the next version of Discovery ship / weapon types unique and specialized will only be on sale within the guard systems.
Let's play the "quote myself" game.

' Wrote:...
Come to us with a sensible attempt of a military officer and we'll work with you.

Looks back...
' Wrote:Who is the leader of the RM?

What is their capital ship policy?

Thanks
I see a straightforward question that was answered there.

Ah! By the way...
' Wrote:...
That's a fallacy. Anyone with enough spare time can mindlessly dock on tradelanes ignoring everything around them while making that kind of money in some three days time. That, in my book, doesn't qualify as "vast experience of Role-Playing on the Discovery server".

RM. - sovereign - 05-29-2008

' Wrote:So much for posting saying if a player wants RP as a member of the Rhineland Military then the RM would try and work closely with them.
Nope cant see anything in the Discovery public server rules about player factions been able to control who purchases what ship!

Hahahaha...

You're funny. If only that were true...

Seriously, if you RP as a member of the Rheinland Military in anything small-ish, you should be fine. That goes under "too many to name" and as such is reasonable that the higher ups wouldn't know everyone. Anything bigger than a gunboat, the Admirals could (probably) name, and if you try to pull authority where it isn't due you WILL be shot for being a pain in the arse. Battleships are out of the question unless you talk with people beforehand- remember, ANYONE in Rheinland should be able to name all fourteen (and there are EXACTLY fourteen) battleships of the Rheinland military since they reach age five.

Oh yeah, if you claim you are independent military you will be shot for being a spy and/or dangerously insane. If you're going to do it, at the very least play along, you may actually be independent but the idea is that faction tags are a formality.

RM. - Mere_Mortal - 05-29-2008

You're right Gronath and we both know very well by my case. At first, I bought the Rheinland Cruiser simply because I liked it. I wasn't too aware of the RP factors of the server at the time, this was despite spending a vast amount of time accruing the necessary funds. I soon learnt however that capital ships require not only the knowledge but also sufficient practice of correct RP. Trading is NOT experience of being a Captain or Admiral, unless of course you manage to annihilate every attempt of piracy in your sole transport and make well over a billion credits in due course. The only good thing that trading can do for a pilot of a capital vessel is the experience of actually flying such a large vehicle, cruisers are not easy to fly, but after flying a train or tanker for a few weeks, a cruiser isn't too difficult after that. All-in-all, combat experience is what matters, that is what makes a good soldier, especially one of command.

RM. - sovereign - 05-29-2008

What also makes a good soldier is understanding their rank. If someone tries to disobey an order from the Gottkanzler, an Admiral, or just plain ANYONE of a higher rank, guess what happens to you. Firing squad, that's what. If someone plays accordingly to the RP of the Rheinland Military (not referring to the player faction, the faction in general) they should get to, within reason. The problem is that almost no one does, they all only want to the cool ships available through game mechanics. Sorry, the Rheinland government doesn't sell stuff to anyone. They're fascists, do you expect them to give that up? If so, join the Bundschuh and fly an Odin. Your hat and T-shirt will arrive within two weeks.:D

RM. - tfmachad - 05-29-2008

Funny is that Mere Mortal was one of the only people (in months) that I was able to discuss this with and in the end he decided to dump the ship altogether.

He bought the ship and contacted us. We contested his original story, of a Bretonian civilian commanding the Cruiser in Rheinland territory while performing vigilante actions. We role played ordering that character to turn the ship back to our shipyards, while I personally PMed him about he write a short account of how how the ship was returned and it was later recommissioned to a Rheinland Military captain (merely a different character for the same player). It didn't have to be Shakespeare, it just had to make sense.

If I can be honest. Out of all people that try to impersonate an RM officer, he would be one that at least I would probably not have a problem with. Even though he lacked the said Disco experience to fully understand the role, he sounded sensible enough to come to terms with it in a short time.