Discovery Gaming Community
So long(but not really) and thanks for all the fish. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: So long(but not really) and thanks for all the fish. (/showthread.php?tid=89387)

Pages: 1 2

So long(but not really) and thanks for all the fish. - Zelot - 10-29-2012

Well, the time has come for me. I have been here on Discovery for a long time, as a member, a faction leader, a developer, a moderator and an administrator. I have seen a lot of people come and go, a lot of new additions, and many many changes. I have also, as of late, lost my interest in the game. For a while I have maintained my position as admin because I felt there wasn’t enough interested staff to keep things going, and it was always my intention to step down once the staff was in place to take care of this place. That staff is now in place and active, and really really good. So I now feel comfortable stepping down from the staff. I have faith in the staff that is in place to pilot this community for a long time.

So, I am not leaving, but I am stepping down from the staff, and from my factions. I am going to put Miguel Sephardi and Otis Jethro out to pasture as soon as possible, because I don’t intent to leave those stories unfinished. The only character I plan to continue to RP is Ze’ev Barak. I am also hoping to start some new characters. My goal is to reboot my disco experience, to restart fresh as I can, to get some new eyes to experience Sirius with, some new roles to play.

I think a few words (and it will be just a few) about the factions I am leaving would be in order here. To the TBH and IND, I don’t even think I can put into words how enjoyable the time I have spent in these factions has been. To anyone thinking about joining a faction, these would be the ones I would recommend, the sense of cooperation within them, the lack of trolling and the general liking that the members have for each other.

As to the staff, I am touched that the team’s trust was put in me, and I hope I did what I could to make this placed an enjoyable place to play the game. Good luck and God’s speed.

See you all in the skies.

Zelot

RE: So long(but not really) and thanks for all the fish. - Duvelske - 10-29-2012

Well zelot,

I hope you have much fun in the game and maybe renew your 'flame' in Disco. See you in space.

RE: So long(but not really) and thanks for all the fish. - Alley - 10-29-2012

I had fun with you in the IND chat and Moderator Chat.

It's clear that after a few years in the admin team you lose interest in the game not because you don't like it anymore, but because there's always a bazillion of unfinished things scattered around you have to deal with, sanctions to process and all the garbage that's imposed on you not to mention dealing with the daily wave of illiterate annoyances. members have seen it happen y'know, even if they weren't admins.

Hopefully you'll succeed in rebooting your disco "player" enjoyment, but tbh considering the current state of the real, on the server gameplay, I believe you'll only find deception as it's now very different from what it used to be.

RE: So long(but not really) and thanks for all the fish. - Madvillain - 10-29-2012

Well Z , it has been fun with you in TBH ,
sad to see you leave our faction , but I can understand all too well.

(10-29-2012, 10:32 PM)Alley Wrote: Hopefully you'll succeed in rebooting your disco "player" enjoyment, but tbh considering the current state of the real, on the server gameplay, I believe you'll only find deception as it's now very different from what it used to be.

It's what's bugging me too.

RE: So long(but not really) and thanks for all the fish. - Werss™ - 10-29-2012

Angry and i mean Angry Who will call me "Werress" now man:exclamation:?
Take care mate. (now be a sair indie gringo, hehehe)

RE: So long(but not really) and thanks for all the fish. - Knjaz - 10-29-2012

Oh... that's something very unexpected. Now that old joke everybody knows about (not like it was ever taken seriously) will die. That's how an epoch ends.

But I guess admin's job is not an easy one, and can burn you out. I'd for sure refuse it, if given an opportunity.

Take care, and see you in space. Smile

RE: So long(but not really) and thanks for all the fish. - Narcotic - 10-29-2012

(This time) Nobody will blame you for that.

Anyways, I wish you good luck on your new journeys.

(10-29-2012, 10:20 PM)Zelot Wrote: My goal is to reboot my disco experience, to restart fresh as I can, to get some new eyes to experience Sirius with, some new roles to play.

There's nothing better than the feeling of just being a small being in an almost endless world, which is to explore and understand.

Unfortunately, this awe disappears over the years...

RE: So long(but not really) and thanks for all the fish. - ai_ascendant - 10-30-2012

Playing is way more fun than managing.

RE: So long(but not really) and thanks for all the fish. - Savvy ? - 10-30-2012

I was thinking you gonna leave disco, thank god you just step down from staff position, we still need someone to blame Rolleyes

And if you are planning to rebuild Farmer Alliance as one of your "discovery experience rebooting agenda", just count me in

RE: So long(but not really) and thanks for all the fish. - Timbuktu - 10-30-2012

This is all very nice but post more photos please.