Discovery Gaming Community
Shields! Wich shield type is best? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Shields! Wich shield type is best? (/showthread.php?tid=90627)

Shields! Wich shield type is best? - Cpt. Adamantel - 12-01-2012

Can someone explain me if there is the most efficient shield type? I've always been using Graviton, they say that most guns are Laser though and on top of that, most stronger guns as far as I've compared are Plasma type, so the best protection would be Molecular... still all the weapons that deal real damage and are any real threat do Direct damage, like all turrets and missiles, torpedoes, so there shouldn't be any real difference between the shields for larger ships like battleships?

I want to understand the difference and learn one and for all what's the real deal with the shield types, so please all of you professional and experienced ones, tell me.

RE: Shields! Wich shield type is best? - DelBoy - 12-01-2012

Read all this it will help you for sure:Shields info
Don't know about the best choice but as you said if you know what type of weapons are used the most then you use the counter shield for that type at the end shield do matter alot but but gunz and skillz matter also Tongue

RE: Shields! Wich shield type is best? - SummerMcLovin - 12-01-2012

It depends on who you'd be fighting and the weapons they'd be using. At least for me, they tend to be using either tachyon or neutron weaponry so Positron is what's best. However, I don't play in Liberty where the lawfuls and Rogues will be using laser weaponry, making Graviton the most effective against them.

Most people use pulses and codename weapons, which are equally effective against all shields. The same is the case for bomber, gunboat and capital ship weapons.

RE: Shields! Wich shield type is best? - Cpt. Adamantel - 12-01-2012

I see. Still as I went through all class 7, 8, 9, 10 guns, the most powerful are almost all Plasma or Tachyon and most factions hostile to Liberty Navy etc. use almost only Tachyon and Neutron... wich leaves Positron as the most accurate, especially since it is weaker towards Laser and Photon guns, rarely used by high class fighter guns and doesn't have a weakness agains Plasma either.

RE: Shields! Wich shield type is best? - Zynth - 12-02-2012

Wait hold up there.

Don't judge based on sheer damage-per hit potential.
Laser based weaponry can be lethal as well and some actually do more DPS because of their high rate of fire.

And if you're in Liberty. Laser based weaponry is all the rage amongst the Rogues. Since Sammaels are strong and have one of the highest DPS amongst all the weaponry. If you use Positrons, a Rogue Werewolf sporting full Sammaels (Which is quite common actually) will rip you apart.

If you look at the wiki. Don't just take into account damage per hit. Look further to the right and look for damage per second. That will be a more accurate portrayal of weapon damage potential.