Discovery Gaming Community
The Ballad Of Conan - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: The Ballad Of Conan (/showthread.php?tid=9096)

The Ballad Of Conan - CusoJR - 06-04-2008

***Incoming Transmission***
To: New Berlin Hospital

Incoming Patient from Sector 5E. Escape pod badly damaged and leaking atmosphere. Patient was exposed briefly to hard vacuum. Patient is in Critical condition. Clear docking pad one for arrival.

***End Transmission***

***Opening Secure Channel***
***Incoming Transmission***
To: Atka Research Station: Doctor Katrine Kruger

Doctor Kruger,
I believe I may have a specimen for your experiments in Das Wilde. Yesterday a Fighter Pilot was tractored in by Emergency Medical Crews near the Sigma 13 Jump Hole. Patient was exposed to hard vacuum and suffered multiple shrapnel injuries. After my initial examination I found evidence to believe that patient is Nomad infected and is currently in a coma. Patient is under guard and ready for surgury. Please come immediately.

Doctor Freidrick Bach
New Berlin Hospital

***End Transmission***

***Opening Medical Log***
Personal Medical Log of Doctor Katrine Kruger...

Scans indicate that the patient known as Conan is infected by a Nomad Symbiote. Patient is approximately30 years of age and was in relatively good health before the accident. We are now attempting to remove the Symbiote by surgical means.
Making the first incision below the base of the skull.
Forceps.
Suction.
Creature is attached to the spinal cord and has tendrils reaching into the brain.
Removing Tendrils.
Tendrils Detached.
Suction.
Now attempting to remove the body of the creature.
Scalpel.
Got It.
Suction.
Removing the Symbiote now.
Get the containment vessel.
Symbiote secure
Nurse close him up.
Symbiote was removed at 0342. Patient will be put under observation for the time being.
***Close Medical Log***

Patient known as Conan is recovering nicely. I have downgraded his condition from Critical to Stable and will transfer him to my lab on Atka Research Station today. Patient is still comatose and unresponsive to stimuli.

***Close Medical Log***

Conan woke up today. He can not remember his name or anything that happened before he ejected his escape pod. I decided to give him the name Conan as his call sign (inscribed on his helmet) was the only identification on him. After telling him his name he now only refers to himself in the third person. This could be a side effect of the Nomad Infection or a unfortunate consequence of the surgery. I do not yet know. I have ordered a full scan and blood work up to try and determine if any Alien Organisms reside inside him.

***Close Medical Log***

Conan's progress is astounding! Although tests confirm that he has no Alien Organisms with in him. He seems to be healing at twice the rate of a normal human. He is already walking around and I have taken him off his IV. This is really quite amazing. He still does not remember who he is or where he came from. I fear this condition may be permanent.

***Close Medical Log***

***Receiving Transmission***
To: All Vessels and Stations
Subject: Be on the Lookout

Patient known as Conan escaped from Atka Research Station. Patient was under observation in connection with (Classified). If you see this person. Do Not Approach. Contact Cryer Pharmaceuticals and a recovery team will be dispatched. Subject was last seen in a Civilian Eagle Fighter heading through the Sigma 13 Jump Hole.

***End Transmission***

The Ballad Of Conan - CusoJR - 08-10-2008

***Opening Ship's Log***
Ship Id: Loki's Gift
Captain Erik Cuso JR

I came across a strange fellow today while shopping for a new gunner. His name is Conan. An Odd man. Conan seems smart however He speaks completely in the first person. I've decided to give him a test run as we travel to Manhattan with Diamonds.

***End Log***

The Ballad Of Conan - CusoJR - 08-10-2008

***Opening Encrypted Personal log***
Ship ID: Loki's Gift
Captain Erik Cuso JR

Conan has become a liability. So far he has fired upon multiple targets that otherwise would not have been a threat. My reputation is wrecked with the Junkers and other bribes to keep some of the unlawful factions from killing us on sight have cost me far too much. Unlike the Crew I actually like the guy but he needs to go. I've discussed the situation and the next time we run food to Crete he's going to stay there. I've contacted the Elders of the Corsair Nation and I've found him a place in the Omega Pirates Guild. My hope is that he finds his place there. I hope he finds a home.

***End Log***