Discovery Gaming Community
more than one player on same internet IP - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: more than one player on same internet IP (/showthread.php?tid=91096)

Pages: 1 2

more than one player on same internet IP - trekky - 12-13-2012

would this get me and my brother banned?
Note we are not doing a trade group and one not being a player etc.
this is 2 differnt ppl on the same internet IP address
we do sometimes play with the same char code but not at the same time
would this cause me getting and him getting banned?

note i have not been banned from this is mostly making sure i will not

also a offtopic thing why cant i delete my own posts in the ship wanted thread?

RE: more than one player on same internet IP - pitockm - 12-13-2012

well....make sure you dont end up power gamin / meta gamin / etc.

but yeah it is dangerus. also if 1 get banned....whole account gets banned.

means Use Freelancer account manager.... and move your chars or your brother chars to another account to keep the safety,

RE: more than one player on same internet IP - bloogaL - 12-13-2012

The admins have ways of knowing that you are connecting from two different computers even under the same IP address so you and your brother playing at the same time won't get you banned for multi-boxing.

(12-13-2012, 09:11 PM)trekky Wrote: also a offtopic thing why cant i delete my own posts in the ship wanted thread?

There is no functionality on this forum to delete your own posts. However, if you no longer need a thread then simply rename it to something like "Delete Please" and the forum moderators will get around to removing it. If it's an individual post in someone else's thread... Well, just edit the contents of that post away since it's not worth the moderators' time going deleting individual posts.

RE: more than one player on same internet IP - trekky - 12-13-2012

this trading weapons ok? like i have a codename and want to give it to him?
i know about the power gamin etc
but i hate how its is dangerous, annoys us. this is why i have posted to ask/tell them about this

EDIT to bloogal they have?

RE: more than one player on same internet IP - bloogaL - 12-13-2012

(12-13-2012, 09:30 PM)trekky Wrote: this trading weapons ok? like i have a codename and want to give it to him?

This is perfectly fine.

(12-13-2012, 09:30 PM)trekky Wrote: EDIT to bloogal they have?

What do you mean?

RE: more than one player on same internet IP - pitockm - 12-14-2012

Yes they have the tool. But you cant stop people from using magic though.
And dont think about it, really. Admins can track money transfers. And it is the easy part. Since your firewall is fine with fl. There can be some other things to happen. But i know you are a good,fair player. Nothing to worry.

RE: more than one player on same internet IP - Widow - 12-14-2012

Altejago, occasionally the flatmates and myself all play freelancer using the same IP address. You and your brother wont get in trouble for doing this.

You can play freelancer as you normally would, both of you can go on convoys and trade weapons etc.

As long as there are two of you playing on different computers, there is not likely to be any issues unless rules are broken.

Have you voted yet?

RE: more than one player on same internet IP - Charcoal - 12-14-2012

The multibixing rule is less to do with IP and more to do with making sure that each ship that exists in space is being controlled by a human player at ALL times. The exception being the transfer of equipment.

RE: more than one player on same internet IP - trekky - 12-14-2012

(12-13-2012, 09:30 PM)trekky Wrote: EDIT to bloogal they have?

What do you mean?
[/quote]

i read your post one word wrong srry

ok thx guys i wanted to not get slapped with fines etc just because

and yes vote i have

RE: more than one player on same internet IP - Duvelske - 12-14-2012

(12-14-2012, 03:30 AM)Charcoal Wrote: exception being the transfer of equipment.

Hmm why then this?
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=90605

Not That i know this chap nor i want to involve myself with the dealings of the admins. But when i came to disco it was once told me multiboxing is not allowed. But i have seen plenty people. Flying their stork to a mining place F1 and relog their mining ship. Mine and drop mining in space. Till They had enough F1 again and relog their trader.

Now i See this topic want to know more too As sometimes with no onteraction at all i F1 and relog too but o this is not or not Anymore allowed i would like to know. Before i get the Same faith As this Guy. I Know Admins can check it, But If his response is honest and fair then i wamt to know If i can get a problem too when F1 On one faction ship and relog another. Dont want my faction get a sanction with out tag!

Again Its not for questioning decisions, but Am now curious about this issue.